Author Topic: Is it time for a Donkey Kong Anonymous?  (Read 1951 times)

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Is it time for a Donkey Kong Anonymous?
« on: June 07, 2017, 07:25:14 am »
I won't name names, (and why should I, after all I am throwing out the idea of a Donkey Kong Anonymous) but I have noticed over the years from certain members of the community that they plan to retire from playing Donkey Kong.  The problem is that these proclamations are about as serious as the heroine addict that for the 20th time has said they are going to stop using the drug.  You know very well they'll fall off the wagon with Joystick in hand.
So maybe it's time to do something about it.   Maybe it's time to start the Donkey Kong Anonymous club to get these troubled souls to finally quit the game of Donkey Kong once, and for all.
I mean, if we don't they'll just go on rage, or whine fits for the rest of their lives.  We need to think about their emotional stability.  So how about it?  Why not have a Donkey Kong Anonymous club?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 09:25:07 am by homerwannabee »
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Submit a score for every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline marky_d

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Re: Is it time for a Donkey Kong Anonymous?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 07:41:20 am »
Are these unnamed souls really addicted to the game, or is the game merely the vehicle of the true (and also purposefully unnamed) addiction?
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1.1M Point Scorer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DKJR World Record Holder - Arcade DKJR Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline timhett

• Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2017, 07:56:56 am »
But we enjoy the raging and watching the roller coaster ride.  I'm firmly against this idea, as it will take away much fun from the rest of us.
<stirpot>
Millipede defaults - 1,902,984
Millipede TGTS - 360,827
Hi Score List -
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EVdor6Be4FNA9pV-mTIT8JpZWMKjhWPsTzqkG8RASyM/edit?usp=sharing
Member for 10 Years Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline QAOP Spaceman

• Elite Member
  • ®
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2017, 02:25:12 pm »
Quote from: griley
I won't name names

certain members of the community

these proclamations

these troubled souls

they'll just go on rage, or whine fits for the rest of their lives

their emotional stability

ROFL classic
Member for 10 Years Blogger CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer