Author Topic: Is 1,218,000 on DK the most difficult to beat beatable real Arcade score?  (Read 20818 times)

Offline danman123456

• Spring Jumper
    • Twitch TV Stream
    • Awards
Calvin Frampton had a long lost 1.295M score for Donkey Kong Junior that most of the community was positive was bullshit.  When Calvin was tracked down and asked about it he couldn't remember details of his game from 30+ years ago and people vilified him for it, and flatly stated he was lying.  There was a lot of egg on a lot of peoples' faces when it was later proven that such a score was possible.  Now the record is over 1.4M.  Interestingly, Calvin Frampton's score is still nowhere to be found on the TG leaderboard for Donkey Kong Junior, despite the fact that TG recognized it at the time.  And to this day I've yet to see an acceptable explanation for TG's pulling it.  The moral of the story is that groupthink cannot be trusted.
Change the word "was" to "is". Most of the community still is positive this score is bullshit.

Your logic is flawed. Just because a score is proven possible 20 years after a game's release doesn't mean a bullshitter who says they did it BITD actually did. Calvin admitted to not knowing anything about point pressing or the kill screen, yet somehow magically pulled nearly 1.3m out of his ass.

That was my entire point above. Same as all the bullshit Missile Command scores and when asked Victor couldn't remember squat about it either. I'm sorry but im sure 20 years from now Wes will still have a vivid memory of his score and probably a lot of details about DK and how to point press for said score. Its ok someday other crazy claimed scores may indeed get beat if its POSSIBLE to beat them. Eventually someone may get 2.2M on Frogger and 512M on Robotron and when they do that gives validation to all the lying back in the day? Ok sureeeeeee....nope...
DK High : 1,059,700 (Lvl 22-1 KS!);
DK KS Speedrun : 1 Hr 16 Min 40 Sec - World Record!
DK Lvl 1 - 1: 12,400
Fix-It Felix Jr - 297,000 (World Record)
Fix-IT Felix Jr 1 Hour Limit - 177,000
Fix-It Felix Jr KS Speedrun - 1h33
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer Winner of a community event IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger