Author Topic: Puzzle Madness 2  (Read 9194 times)

Offline QAOP Spaceman

• Elite Member
  • ®
    • Awards
Puzzle Madness 2
« on: February 26, 2017, 02:02:22 am »
Member for 10 Years Blogger CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
Re: Puzzle Madness 2
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2017, 03:23:06 am »
Wow Block out?! Awesome!!

FailFish
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline krehztim

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2017, 07:04:43 am »
This is the first contest I might skip.  I'm not a puzzle guru anyway.  I suck worse at Tetris than I do at Pengo.

Wow Block out?! Awesome!!

FailFish
Donkey Kong (US Set 1) - 542,800
Donkey Kong Start - 111,100
Crazy Kong Pt II - 590,800 (KS)
Member for 8 Years Blogger CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2017, 08:51:31 am »
LOL so did he just pick all the games he's good at?  I'd love to see Martin or another good puzzle player register and beat him.
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline krehztim

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2017, 09:21:59 am »
I think he's pretty much great at every puzzle game.  I do miss something like Logic Pro, where it's not all just reaction and spatial recognition.  He's got a small variety - falling block, bubble shooting, and zuma-like.  But Block Out?  I still have PTSD when I play that.
Donkey Kong (US Set 1) - 542,800
Donkey Kong Start - 111,100
Crazy Kong Pt II - 590,800 (KS)
Member for 8 Years Blogger CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline QAOP Spaceman

• Elite Member
  • ®
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2017, 10:10:36 am »
LOL so did he just pick all the games he's good at?  I'd love to see Martin or another good puzzle player register and beat him.

I didn't realise the games were revealed at the bottom of the page FailFish

Might have been an idea to have kept them secret until the tournament starts
Member for 10 Years Blogger CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2017, 10:22:28 am »
Lmao lucky no one cares enough to play
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2017, 11:10:42 am »
Nick says:

nick666101: would you mind telling the guys at DKF i realize some things could've been done better differently xelnia
nick666101: like not revealing the games early
nick666101: and maybe not picking all the games myself
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2017, 05:17:22 pm »
Yeah, if you're going to play in a tourney and are obviously a very good player in that genre, it's probably best to have the games voted on, rather than picking a game you finished first on in another tourney and another you just submitted a big score to TG on.
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2017, 08:06:19 am »
That being said.  My opinion shouldn't really matter since I don't enjoy puzzle games and don't intend to register.  Just saying that voting on games is probably the way to go, although if you get NBA Jam, all bets are off.

nick666101

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2017, 08:16:27 am »
Alright, time to clear up some things.
I made threads on TG and RU, and there I actually supplied some information which is missing here, including the fact that this is the first time I ever do something like this, so mistakes were pretty much unavoidable. While it would've been better to indeed keep the games hidden until the tournament starts, or the day before that, it also helped me realize picking them all myself wasn't exactly a smart idea either, so I will do that differently next time. However, for now I came up with a different solution: I picked 6 more games, bringing the total up to 12. There's a link at the bottom of this post to vote for the 6 games you want to see in puzzle madness 2, and the 6 games with the most votes on the 10th, a few hours before the tournament actually starts, will be picked. I included a few more types of games, like breakout and maze, to give some more variety and options for the future.
Now about the games:
While it is true I'm pretty good at most puzzle games, how well I'll actually do can vary greatly between games, and depends on my mood as well. And even if I do have an amazing score on certain games, it usually takes me dozens of games, if not hundreds of attempts before I get those. My average score will almost always be a lot lower than my best scores, so just me having a high score on a specific game isn't necessarily a reason to be against it. Also, I've never been first on any of the games I picked in any other tournament, you may be mixing up Block Out and Block Hole pwnasaurus.

Anyways, I hope you guys agree with the choices I've made for now. As said before, I'm new to this tournament stuff, so I'm still learning. Next time I'll actually ask some others to pick games as well so it may be more "fair".
The google form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc1ybYAwB2ClPquQ3jf-ZzSNTOhfpfzCVakXgVdZzMjDNkszg/viewform

nick666101

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2017, 09:55:22 am »
Just a reminder that there's only 5 days left to register!

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2017, 11:56:01 am »
 <Sanders>