Author Topic: Donkey Kong Remake for Roku (Beta v0.10)  (Read 10973 times)

Offline lvcabral

• Awards
Donkey Kong Remake for Roku (Beta v0.10)
« on: February 05, 2017, 04:45:39 pm »
Just released the first beta version with several new features implemented (barrels, fire balls, fire foxes, cement tray, hammer usage)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NA59qZk7fQU

I also added an option to choose between the US and Japan board level order.

For those who has Roku can install it for free from:

https://my.roku.com/add/DonkeyKongPreview

The source code is available at:
https://github.com/lvcabral/Donkey-Kong-Roku
Member for 7 Years

Offline lvcabral

• Awards
Re: Donkey Kong Remake for Roku (Beta v0.10)
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2017, 07:18:59 pm »
Recommended devices: Roku 4, Roku 3, Roku 2 HD (3000X), Roku 2 XD (3050X), Roku 2 XS (3100X), new Roku Streaming Stick (3600X) and new 4K Roku TV's (6000X).

Lower end devices and non-4K TVs has poor graphics performance
Member for 7 Years

Offline gstrain

• Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 07:32:17 pm »
Thanks!  I'd tried the beta out on my Insignia Roku TV and while it looked nice it ran too slow to be fun.  I've got a Roku 2 box as well on a different TV so I'll it out there and let you know what I think.
Member for 11 Years DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer

Offline aarontruitt

• Elite Member
    • AaronTruitt's Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2017, 09:24:42 am »
I ran it on a Roku 3 - it looks nice and sounds pretty good! Nice work. The controls leave quite a bit to be desired, though, as not being able to straight jump is pretty frustrating. Also, I keep falling off girders in spots that I should definitely should not be falling (by the top hammer on barrel boards and on the edges of rivet boards).

All in all, great work though! I hope you continue to work on it!
Arcade DK PB: 1,007,600 (KS)
Member for 8 Years CK Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline lvcabral

• Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2017, 07:30:53 am »
I ran it on a Roku 3 - it looks nice and sounds pretty good! Nice work. The controls leave quite a bit to be desired, though, as not being able to straight jump is pretty frustrating. Also, I keep falling off girders in spots that I should definitely should not be falling (by the top hammer on barrel boards and on the edges of rivet boards).

All in all, great work though! I hope you continue to work on it!

To use the remote is tricky but you did not noticed that there is indeed a straight jump option is the OK button.

There is some fine tunning I need to do with the edges in particular when moving to the left.

Thanks for the feedback
Member for 7 Years

Offline lvcabral

• Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2017, 07:02:42 pm »
I just updated the v0.11 with a couple of fixes, one of them is the fall to the left, I just played all boards and made 50 K for the first time  ;D
Member for 7 Years