Author Topic: Yolympics 2017  (Read 47102 times)

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
Re: Yolympics 2017
« Reply #60 on: February 02, 2017, 03:43:46 pm »
Detailed game settings can be found here. 181 settings on left, 106 on right.
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: February 03, 2017, 11:52:11 pm »
Week 1 is over! Infallible Team Generator v1.0 is currently in the lead, but only by 78 points! For those of you wondering how the bonus points factor in, well...

The bonus system for this tournament has been scrapped.

After evaluating the standings and consulting with all the captains, I have decided that the bonus system I devised could cause a team to be essentially knocked out of the tournament after the first week. In the interest of fair play, and the Wolf tournament goal of including as many people as possible, I can't let that happen. The tournament therefore will only be scored using the top 6 scores from each team. Thank you to all the players who busted their asses this week to help their teams...please keep those great scores coming!
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Online Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: February 04, 2017, 02:14:29 am »
The correct decision in my opinion
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener Winner of a community event IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline CaptainJivePants

• Teter
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: February 04, 2017, 09:38:38 am »
Week 1 is over! Infallible Team Generator v1.0 is currently in the lead, but only by 78 points! For those of you wondering how the bonus points factor in, well...

The bonus system for this tournament has been scrapped.

After evaluating the standings and consulting with all the captains, I have decided that the bonus system I devised could cause a team to be essentially knocked out of the tournament after the first week. In the interest of fair play, and the Wolf tournament goal of including as many people as possible, I can't let that happen. The tournament therefore will only be scored using the top 6 scores from each team. Thank you to all the players who busted their asses this week to help their teams...please keep those great scores coming!

Cool. Thanks for the update and all the work going on behind the scenes. Glad we're still trying things out and doing our best to make it fun and fair for as many people as possible.
DK Jr. - 818,900 (KS)
DK Jr. best first life - 714,700 (19-4)
APB - 215,074
Member for 9 Years DKJR Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline krehztim

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: February 04, 2017, 12:38:58 pm »
Also agree it was the right decision, and the mere threat of it did prompt a CRAP-TON of playing and high scores the first week, so I'd say mission was accomplished.  I was feeling utterly despondent about ever catching up, but now it's still within reach, and I'm trying.
Donkey Kong (US Set 1) - 542,800
Donkey Kong Start - 111,100
Crazy Kong Pt II - 590,800 (KS)
Member for 8 Years Blogger CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer

Offline anningmay

• Awards
« Reply #65 on: February 06, 2017, 12:32:49 pm »
Don't forget the Wolf tournament goal of changing the rules mid-tourney as often as possible Kappa

(Good call, sir)
Member for 8 Years Twitch Streamer

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: February 10, 2017, 11:02:10 pm »
Week 2 is in the book! ITG remains in the lead. They have about the same score has last week (just few points shy of 1700), but the intense competition and the rise of Spaceballs means the ITG lead has actually increased to almost 200 points! Can anyone challenge the Infallible Team Generator v1.0, or is this now just a battle for 2nd place? Wait and see! :-)

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: February 18, 2017, 07:07:16 am »
Week 3 is finished! Again, ITG is on top by nearly 200 points. SB and BEEF are trading blows, trading off between 2nd and 3rd place by the hour. Will one of them break through and make a run at ITG? Verizontal is close on their heels...do they stand a chance?!

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: February 19, 2017, 10:30:45 pm »
I was thinking about the time when games should be played again.  Here's my idea.  Since it's called the Yolympics, maybe do what the Olympics does and have a certain video game available once every four years?  That way it's sort of like an Olympic event when that certain video game shows up again.
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Online Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: February 20, 2017, 11:09:02 am »
Trog every four years. For the rest of our lives
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener Winner of a community event IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline BackdoorFred

• Awards
« Reply #70 on: February 21, 2017, 09:39:07 am »
 <thefinger>
Member for 9 Years Twitch Streamer

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: February 24, 2017, 10:18:28 pm »
Week 4 is complete! We are now in the final stretch of Yolympics 2017. The cutoff for submissions is Sunday, March 5, 2017, 11:59 PM EST. This is a hard cutoff. All submissions must be received by this time.

ITG still holds on to their 200 point lead, while BEEF and Spaceballs battle for 2nd. VZ is not far behind. Will anyone be able to make a push for 1st or will ITG coast to the win?

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: March 05, 2017, 05:33:47 am »
OK, last day of the tournament.  Here are things to look for.  Will BBH be able to overtake the pro for first place overall in the tourney?  It's a tall order, but I wouldn't count him out.  Who will be second or third?  Team Beef has a 29 point lead, but ExedExes has been eerily quite this tourney.  Does he make a huge run at the last day?  We'll find out.
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline QAOP Spaceman

• Elite Member
  • ®
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: March 05, 2017, 08:31:25 am »
lo
Member for 10 Years Blogger CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: March 05, 2017, 09:27:30 pm »
Yolympics 2017 is over! Congratulations to the winning team, with 1,695 points: Infallible Team Generator v1.0! While Verizontal Mk. II made a valiant run, Team Beef managed to secure 2nd place in the final hours of the tournament with 1,489 points. Verizontal finished with 1,485 points and Spaceballs finished with 1,331.

Congratulations are also in order for the top player of the tournament. With 423 points and averaging a top 4 score in every game: The_Pro!

This tournament saw 74 people register, 62 people people submit scores, and 59 people score points for their teams. For those that are curious, if the bonus system had remained in place the final rankings would have been the same, but with a larger point spread between each team.

Thanks to everyone for the great scores and great competition and I hope to see you all next time!