Author Topic: Yolympics 2017  (Read 47111 times)

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
Re: Yolympics 2017
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2017, 07:28:21 pm »
The_Pro needs to be added to a team (preferably ITG)   <Mruczek>
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2017, 07:30:16 pm »
The_Pro needs to be added to a team (preferably ITG)   <Mruczek>

Whoops, thanks for catching that! Added to the correct team.  :)
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2017, 12:34:51 am »
TG threads have been created for each team and the links are below. You will need the password to access your respective forum, so contact your captain or myself for the password. If you're not sure which team you're on, check the Team List.

Spaceballs - Captain: QAOP Spaceman
Verizontal Mk. II - Captain: ExedExes
Infallible Team Generator v1.0 - Captain: pwnasaurus
Team Beef - Captain: dwwnp

IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT RETROUPRISING

It has been reported that longer games have had problems when uploading/saving INPs at RU. Games under an hour/hour and a half seem to work fine, but longer games have had problems. Use RU at your own risk if playing any of these longer games (e.g. Commando).
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2017, 10:10:19 am »
The OP has been updated with information regarding NVRAM and Bonus Scoring. Please read!

Offline aarontruitt

• Elite Member
    • AaronTruitt's Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2017, 01:35:34 pm »
haha i voted on games but i guess i didn't register to play  FailFish
Arcade DK PB: 1,007,600 (KS)
Member for 8 Years CK Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2017, 01:00:26 pm »
Tournament starts in 8 hours! Good luck everyone!

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2017, 02:08:59 pm »
haha i voted on games but i guess i didn't register to play  FailFish

You will be on Team Beef with Ross as your captain!

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: January 27, 2017, 10:44:25 pm »
The tournament has started! Get those scores in early and good luck!

Offline anningmay

• Awards
« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2017, 01:28:34 am »
I am unable to submit a score. Whenever I attempt to do so, it tells me that I need to be registered for the tournament.

Please fix this. Thank you.

Dave
Member for 8 Years Twitch Streamer

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2017, 05:29:01 am »
I am unable to submit a score. Whenever I attempt to do so, it tells me that I need to be registered for the tournament.

Dave

I will let Wes know and get this fixed ASAP!

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: January 28, 2017, 07:51:53 am »

Dave

Should be fixed now. Let me know if you have any other problems. Thanks for your patience.

WCopeland

« Reply #56 on: January 28, 2017, 08:04:56 am »
Hi Dave,

I took a look at the issue and found some very strange things. This has never happened before, and there were about 8 people in the tournament impacted by the issue (I think only 2-3 were aware they were impacted). I believe all 8 impacted registered for the event around the same time, and I also believe my database provider was having connectivity/uptime issues around that time.

On registration, there are lots of changes that are made in the database ... for these 8 registrants only half of those changes were successful. As a result, you guys were sort of "halfway registered" for the event. I've gone through the DB and made all the fixes by hand. Everything should be go to go now for those who were impacted.

I will continue to monitor the site and database for any issues that arise over the tournament, and I will fix them as quickly as I'm capable.

Thanks!

Offline anningmay

• Awards
« Reply #57 on: January 28, 2017, 08:31:09 am »
Thanks guys! I was grumpy last night. All is working fine now, much appreciated!
Member for 8 Years Twitch Streamer

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: January 29, 2017, 06:27:21 am »
OP updated with countdown timers for each week.

Offline danman123456

• Spring Jumper
    • Twitch TV Stream
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: February 02, 2017, 09:59:54 am »
Just a question but Wes can the scores be sorted by Total and then Date Submitted? Ties go to the first submitted score I thought and NBA Jam might be the only title something like this really comes up on. Given the "Bonus" points coming after tomorrow up having this sorted out seems important.
DK High : 1,059,700 (Lvl 22-1 KS!);
DK KS Speedrun : 1 Hr 16 Min 40 Sec - World Record!
DK Lvl 1 - 1: 12,400
Fix-It Felix Jr - 297,000 (World Record)
Fix-IT Felix Jr 1 Hour Limit - 177,000
Fix-It Felix Jr KS Speedrun - 1h33
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer Winner of a community event IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger