Author Topic: Donkey Kong graphic files  (Read 3287 times)

rgelfand

Donkey Kong graphic files
« on: August 04, 2016, 02:14:09 pm »
I'm building a MAME cabinet and I wanted to use a Donkey Kong graphic for the background for the side art.  The one I'm looking for is the blue and pink conveyor belt scene from the original flyer for the arcade game in 81.  I've found the graphic everywhere online but unfortunately none of the files are vector files which is what I need for the resolution.  Can anyone tell me where I can find a vector graphic for that image?  I'm attaching a picture of the graphic I'm looking for.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline f_symbols

• Spring Jumper
  • wht u mean
    • Awards
Re: Donkey Kong graphic files
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2016, 06:47:06 pm »
I'm pretty sure I have this flyer, I realize that doesn't help with a vector, but perhaps I could vectorize a high-enough resolution picture.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Winner of a community event Former DK Remix World Record Holder DK Remix Killscreener IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline f_symbols

• Spring Jumper
  • wht u mean
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2016, 07:00:33 pm »
I just messed around with your image and autotracer.org 

I believe you might get a better result if you started with a larger image file, but I really like how it morphed into a painting; this might be better than the original picture...
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Winner of a community event Former DK Remix World Record Holder DK Remix Killscreener IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

rgelfand

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2016, 08:44:44 pm »
Thanks very much for the effort.  I haven't been able to open the results myself as I don't have software to do so but I will forward to the graphics designer to see what he thinks. 

I'm still open to anyone else who may have a vector file of the graphic as well.

Offline f_symbols

• Spring Jumper
  • wht u mean
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2016, 09:08:38 pm »
here's a pdf copy; i'd reckon this a lower resolution than the other file

rgelfand

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2016, 09:40:45 pm »
Thank you!