Author Topic: How often do you play DK? What does your girlfriend think about your habit?  (Read 8868 times)

Realzach2001

Be honest.

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
Girlfriend <confused>
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener Submit a score for every DK3 track Winner of a community event IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline M.Schrock

• Awards
Hi my name is mike just started playing dk, pb 175k lol anyhow my wife absolutely hates when i play. The only time i play is usually the weekend at 10pm or later after she goes to sleep. Maybe i should go to the bar a few weekends in a row to help her warm up to the idea of playing. Its pretty sad when you get home from work and your hoping your wife is going to get margaritas with her friends so you can play your arcade machine during the week lol.
Member for 7 Years Twitch Streamer Blogger

Offline Fly

• Awards
I've only played 3 games of DK since I've been with my wife. 2 of them were for a 1-1 score only and i won $$. The wifey still shamed me for playing Munkey Dong.

Hec
Member for 10 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
I got 99 things to play with, but a girlfriend is not one.  If you having girlfriend problems I feel bad for you son.
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Submit a score for every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline YesAffinity

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Daily, for the most part.  Take a day off here and there.  Wife supports it.  There was no mystery to the fact that I was/am a gamer, when we met.  She tried to change me for many years, but finally realized it was only making us both miserable.  The point of the story: perseverance prevails.  8)
Matthew 21:22

DK Arcade PB (verified): 970,200 KS
DK Start PB (verified): 126,600
DK L1-1 PB (verified): 11,400
DK PB 1st Man: 622,000

Donkey Kong Direct Feed How-To - http://donkeykongforum.net/index.php?topic=1413.0
^Now outdated, see instead: http://donkeykongforum.net/index.php?topic=2471.0
Member for 9 Years DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline aarontruitt

• Elite Member
    • AaronTruitt's Twitch
    • Awards
Pretty sure Meg hates it. We live together. I got her a Ms. Pacman. Conditions haven't improved as a result. She claims to support DK but it doesn't feel that way.  Best of luck to the rest of you.
Arcade DK PB: 1,007,600 (KS)
Member for 8 Years CK Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline blackraven15

• I usually just quietly lurking
    • My UV Multimidia Art
    • Awards
 ROFL If you can't beat it, might as well join it bwahahaha

I do sometimes refer to myself as the occasional DK Widow :P

The only time it upsets me is being woken up in the morning to DK sounds (the jump sound mainly) when Sock is playtesting

On the other side - sucks that couples are not always supportive of each others hobbies :(

Keep calm and play on!!
Willow / Sock's other half

Higest DK Remix score default setting 64 180 (April 19 2018)

Twitter: @donkeykongremix
https://www.facebook.com/donkeykongremix/
Member for 8 Years

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
I used to play every 2-3 days back in 2011-2012. As for playing now?... I can honestly say I've played maybe a dozen serious coin drops for full games in the last two years -most of them being when I was at the Mall of America playing for Steve Wiebe while he was on lunch break. However, I do put in a 1-1 attempt here and there when I am at the barcade.

Back in 2011-2012 my wife was kinda indifferent (the rest of my family shamed me a lot), now my wife kinda likes all my CAG hobby stuff and the rest of my family is indifferent.
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Rolledcigs

• Awards
My ex moved out, took the kid, and had another guy moved in within the week. This freed up valuable time for beers and a killscreen..  Kreygasm
Member for 9 Years DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Blogger IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer

Offline Jonesy

• Elite Member
    • Awards
My ex was really cool with it. I used to play DK and she used to play ms pac-man or pinball, this was before I was streaming. We used to take a bottle of wine in there and have a great time.
The newest lady in my life isn't sure about the whole thing but the cabs were there first and will remain in situ <thefinger> Quite a few of the guys in the UK have had their cabs kicked out into sheds etc by their partners which irritates me <gasp> It's either time to grow some balls or get a new lady in your life. It's all about being happy right?!

Currently not playing enough, not through choice but limited spare time. By the start of the Winter though things should be different and will continue to fight for a 1M point game. I do miss playing often that's for sure.
Member for 11 Years DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline Fly

• Awards
Pretty sure Meg hates it. We live together. I got her a Ms. Pacman. Conditions haven't improved as a result. She claims to support DK but it doesn't feel that way.  Best of luck to the rest of you.

Dude, wrong game. Get her a Centipede or Bubble Bobble or both.

Oh wait....NM.  You play DK. I play random sht. You're doomed!

Hec

Member for 10 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer

Offline Scoundrl

• Elite Member
    • Awards

Dude, wrong game. Get her a Centipede or Bubble Bobble or both.

Oh wait....NM.  You play DK. I play random sht. You're doomed!

Hec

Galaga, Robotron and a Popeye pinball dont hurt. My girl wants the game room on more than I do these days.

-Ken
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer

LD

do DK players have girlfriends?  I play everyday.  But I don't let it impact family time.  Now if I was good enough to last 3 hours on one game would be a different story.  <Billy>

Offline timhett

• Awards
So I play games nearly every day, though not usually DK.  I'm married but with no kids.  It causes issues sometimes, but I try to make sure chores are done and my wife is not needing attention.  I usually get to play for only an hour or two at a time, sometimes more on weekends.  She's a good sport about it all and goes to arcades etc with me.  She enjoys games but isn't hardcore.  We also got a Tempest cab for her to play.. though she doesn't really lol.  It's possible to find a balance, though not always easy.
Millipede defaults - 1,902,984
Millipede TGTS - 360,827
Hi Score List -
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EVdor6Be4FNA9pV-mTIT8JpZWMKjhWPsTzqkG8RASyM/edit?usp=sharing
Member for 10 Years Blogger Twitch Streamer