Author Topic: Donkey kong jr first board no 100 points  (Read 7842 times)

Arcade100

Donkey kong jr first board no 100 points
« on: May 31, 2016, 10:01:34 pm »
Does any one now why i can't get my 100 points for jumping
Near the traps when they are going up and down the vines.

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Re: Donkey kong jr first board no 100 points
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2016, 10:29:47 pm »
Does any one now why i can't get my 100 points for jumping
Near the traps when they are going up and down the vines.
Traps?  Do you mean the red, and blue snap jaws?  I think I get your question.  The answer is you need to jump in the air, and while in the air you need to press left or right.  I hope that answers your question.
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Arcade100

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 10:33:09 pm »
Yes this helps thank you

jammyyy

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2016, 07:28:26 am »
think of Donkey kong jr as Donkey Kong , that why Nintendo got sue, they used the same code as Donkey Kong in when Nintendo develop Donkey kong jr, this why they got sue "(they never own rights to coda in first place) was third part software company that made it for Nintendo.... Anyhow it has the same steering and points pressing attributes as  Donkey Kong, so pushing the stick left or right like will register a score and i would thing the percentage of when that happens is like the barrel boards in DK, only 25% the first level for first 30 sec i think. :) :) did i do good George or am i wrong ?

Offline YesAffinity

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2016, 01:07:55 pm »
To expand on this, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, pushing left or right expands the invisible collision box (or hit box), so that it registers an obstacle "collision".  Without pressing left or right, the collision box is smaller, and doesn't collide with the obstacle's collision box.

That's the principle behind the barrel point award in DK, at least, and why sometimes you don't get the 100 point award when jumping a single, or get a 100 instead of 300 when jumping 2 barrels, etc, but if you press left or right, you get the full award.

Some good info on DK collision boxes here, which will give you a good general understanding of the principle: https://donkeykongforum.net/index.php?topic=493.0;nowap
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 01:15:21 pm by YesAffinity »
Matthew 21:22

DK Arcade PB (verified): 970,200 KS
DK Start PB (verified): 126,600
DK L1-1 PB (verified): 11,400
DK PB 1st Man: 622,000

Donkey Kong Direct Feed How-To - http://donkeykongforum.net/index.php?topic=1413.0
^Now outdated, see instead: http://donkeykongforum.net/index.php?topic=2471.0
Member for 9 Years DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Sidseattle

• Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2018, 04:39:41 am »
Culture brain, a software company designed dk...and sold the rights to nintendo for worldwide release for 10,000$us..
Member for 6 Years Former DKJR Remix World Record Holder Twitch Streamer