Author Topic: 60 in 1  (Read 15308 times)

Realzach2001

60 in 1
« on: March 18, 2016, 12:59:27 pm »
I've located a 60 in 1 machine and it seems reasonably priced. Original cabinet and controls. What do you all think of these 60 in 1 boards? I don't have much to compare it to.
, but I will of course try it out before buying.

QuarterUpArcade

Re: 60 in 1
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2016, 04:48:51 am »
I have a full home arcade and really like the 60-1 machine I have. The video is really good, game play is awesome and you can manipulate the virtual dip switch settings. The down side is the sound for these boards always sounds a a little scratchy.

Keith

Offline Scoundrl

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2016, 08:36:35 am »
I've located a 60 in 1 machine and it seems reasonably priced. Original cabinet and controls. What do you all think of these 60 in 1 boards? I don't have much to compare it to.

If you are looking to play something very close to the real games the 60-1s are ok. If you are looking for that feeling you had playing Donkey Kong in an arcade all those years ago you will be very disappointed.

My .02
Member for 11 Years Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Shnypz

• Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2016, 11:13:57 am »

If you are looking to play something very close to the real games the 60-1s are ok. If you are looking for that feeling you had playing Donkey Kong in an arcade all those years ago you will be very disappointed.

My .02

100% agree. I got a 60-1 mainly to play DK but liked having the other classics as an option. After a few months of play, I decided I needed a dedicated DK. The 60-1 still gets plenty of play...just not for DK.

Of the games I regularly play, I only notice sound problems in Bombjack and Gyruss. The 19XX games and Gunsmoke also seem to have audio issues but they rarely get played.
Member for 9 Years Blogger

Realzach2001

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2016, 03:39:34 pm »
I'm getting it to practice Dk...so it needs to be very close to the original.

Offline Bounty Bob

• Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2016, 09:56:46 am »

My .02
What's wrong with DK on the 60 in 1's?
Member for 8 Years DK Killscreener

Offline QAOP Spaceman

• Elite Member
  • ®
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2016, 12:48:34 am »

Do these 60-in-1 thingies not have 8-way joysticks in them?

(Thus making it pretty much impossible to play DK, any of the Pac games, D*g D*g, or indeed most of the classic titles on them)
Member for 10 Years Blogger CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline Bounty Bob

• Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2016, 03:19:02 am »

Do these 60-in-1 thingies not have 8-way joysticks in them?

(Thus making it pretty much impossible to play DK, any of the Pac games, D*g D*g, or indeed most of the classic titles on them)
That makes sense but that's down to the joystick, not the board itself. It sounded like there was a problem with the emulation or game code.
Member for 8 Years DK Killscreener

jammyyy

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2016, 04:33:43 am »
It is believed that 60-1 are nothing more then mame version 36. point something. as for joystick what talking about ?   i can say i figured out how there doing there coin management. what ever games that are pick in setting`s will lunch.  then (they have work the out boot time of each game to be in credit mode)
One by one each game loaded`s in to mame and then is put in to pause mode.
the game select front end comes up (with abonoteichus music) you pick the game it un-pause`s and appears on screen. All other mame`s are still running in back ground game`s pause to save system resources witch believed to be 200 cpu. When your game end`s I think the front end program looks for screen shot of game in mode that only in demo mode. 60-in-1 i find the DK easier then the pcb or newer version of mame. :)

Offline QAOP Spaceman

• Elite Member
  • ®
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2016, 05:13:33 am »
Quote from: jamroll
as for joystick what talking about ?

What talking about is, the OP said:

I've located a 60 in 1 machine and it seems reasonably priced. Original cabinet and controls.

I just pointed out the controls will be fucked for DK is all.

Obviously I know bugger-all about what's inside the thing.
Member for 10 Years Blogger CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

jammyyy

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2016, 05:19:24 am »
i have the 60-1 in a Ms Pacman cab , the ms pacman stick works ok :)

Offline VectorGamer

• Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2016, 08:16:03 am »
I have a 60-in-1 and I'm OK with it. As someone else mentioned, the sound can be "scratchy" at times especially in Scramble and it's really bad in LadyBug.
Star Castle (Vectrex) Champion Of the World!
PAPA 20 Ghostbusters Champ
Member Of the Billionaire Club
Member for 8 Years Blogger

Offline Shnypz

• Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2016, 09:00:08 am »
I have a wico leaf joystick in mine. Works fine.

Offline timhett

• Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2016, 09:13:16 am »
I think Spaceman is simply referring to the fact that the sticks are 8 way, rather than 4 way, which may make it more difficult to play 4-way games.  It's doable, but you may sometimes have trouble moving if you are slightly into the diagonal rather than straight up/down/side.  Same issue can happen with x arcade set ups or other.  You can probably get used to it, or maybe add a restrictor plate if it's still an issue. 
Millipede defaults - 1,902,984
Millipede TGTS - 360,827
Hi Score List -
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EVdor6Be4FNA9pV-mTIT8JpZWMKjhWPsTzqkG8RASyM/edit?usp=sharing
Member for 10 Years Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Shnypz

• Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2016, 09:52:37 am »
I thought 8-ways give more of an advantage with DK hence the TG/DKF restrictor plate requirement...and various discussion threads such as this https://donkeykongforum.net/index.php?topic=576.0