Author Topic: Anyone need a DK pcb?  (Read 8800 times)

Offline Kewydee_17

• Twitch
    • Awards
Anyone need a DK pcb?
« on: February 13, 2016, 06:21:32 am »
Hey Guys

Found this on US Ebay

http://www.ebay.com/sch/wmentinc/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

He has 13 DK pcb's at $150 a pop  Kreygasm

Handy if someone needs a spare or has been looking with no luck  :)

Cheers
DK Hi-Score 84,000

Mr Do! Hi-Score 2.030.050 Scene 141
Member for 8 Years Twitch Streamer

Offline aarontruitt

• Elite Member
    • AaronTruitt's Twitch
    • Awards
Re: Anyone need a DK pcb?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2016, 09:31:37 am »
Thanks for posting this. I think I might get one. My spare is in Arkansas with Dan, but I don't know if he'll ever get to it...
Arcade DK PB: 1,007,600 (KS)
Member for 8 Years CK Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline Fliplismc

• Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2016, 03:05:53 am »
Just ordered one  Kreygasm
CK MAME: 601,000 - KS
DK Arcade: 853,500 - KS
Member for 10 Years DK Killscreener CK Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer

Offline Sock Master

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2016, 05:28:59 am »
Thanks for the heads up.

I ordered one too.    One of them actually had all the extra components in the video section to support inverted *and* non-inverted video output.   (I'm taking an educated guess that it will, anyway!)

That'll be super handy for me.   I'll be able to put one PCB in a cab, and use the other PCB for testing Remix boards.
"Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges!"
Member for 8 Years snek IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer

Offline Kewydee_17

• Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2016, 07:13:05 am »

Glad to be of help guys

I was amazed when I found them. 13 pcb's in the same place! Wow

You never see something like that in the UK, DK pcb's are as rare as horse feathers.

You will be lucky to come across the odd single pcb for sale, but never multiples.
DK Hi-Score 84,000

Offline raulito

• Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2018, 09:13:07 am »
:)Yes,I need it.   Because the complete versions of DK Remix nor Deranged will never be available on MAME,only for DK cabinets.  :(  :-[ :'(
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 08:18:07 am by raulito »
Member for 6 Years

Offline blackraven15

• I usually just quietly lurking
    • My UV Multimidia Art
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2018, 01:18:31 pm »
Yes,I need it.  :) Because the complete versions of DK Remix nor Deranged will never be available in MAME,only for DK cabinets.  :(  :-[ :'(

There is the x-mas version of Remix, the game is 100% the same just the sprites are different
Willow / Sock's other half

Higest DK Remix score default setting 64 180 (April 19 2018)

Twitter: @donkeykongremix
https://www.facebook.com/donkeykongremix/
Member for 8 Years

Offline raulito

• Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2018, 03:16:24 pm »
 :) Uh,Ok. I have the x-mas edition already. I just liked and still like to play DK3, DKJr, (Unfortunately,the DKJR Remixed Edition will never be either available for MAME now,because of development of the game and because it's available for DKJR cabinets only) DK Remixed Edition,Deranged Edition and all of the DK editions very much;DK was one of the games that I played so much as a 9 year old boy in diapers, lol ,even though if I had to go in for school at that time, lol, after Defender,Stargate(a.k.a. Defender 2),Berzerk set 1 and 2,Space Invaders,Zaxxon,Commando,Green Beret,Terminator 2,Lady Bug,Gyruss,All of the Mr.Do's editions,WarpWarp,Galaga,Frogger,Operation Wolf and Operation Thunderbolt.

But there is still no way to change the x-mas sprites back to the normal Remix sprites at least yet,right? I wholeheartedly would like gladly,in the next x-mas,if there would be a possiblity,to compete for BOTH X-mas Remixed & Remixed Editions alike,via MAME on Twitch.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 04:04:06 pm by raulito »
Member for 6 Years

Offline blackraven15

• I usually just quietly lurking
    • My UV Multimidia Art
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2018, 05:19:39 pm »
:) Uh,Ok. I have the x-mas edition already. I just liked and still like to play DK3, DKJr, (Unfortunately,the DKJR Remixed Edition will never be either available for MAME now,because of development of the game and because it's available for DKJR cabinets only) DK Remixed Edition,Deranged Edition and all of the DK editions very much;DK was one of the games that I played so much as a 9 year old boy in diapers, lol ,even though if I had to go in for school at that time, lol, after Defender,Stargate(a.k.a. Defender 2),Berzerk set 1 and 2,Space Invaders,Zaxxon,Commando,Green Beret,Terminator 2,Lady Bug,Gyruss,All of the Mr.Do's editions,WarpWarp,Galaga,Frogger,Operation Wolf and Operation Thunderbolt.

But there is still no way to change the x-mas sprites back to the normal Remix sprites at least yet,right? I wholeheartedly would like gladly,in the next x-mas,if there would be a possiblity,to compete for BOTH X-mas Remixed & Remixed Editions alike,via MAME on Twitch.

We are not planning on releasing roms of the games. This is a small business for us and it most definately is a source of income for our family. John put a lot of hours into making both of the games, and we both spend a lot of time with socialo media and customer service. We wanted to make Donkey Kong Remix available to those who are not able to have hardware to play and that is the main reason John made Christmas Remix.

We don`t knoe what the furture will hold - we have been brainstorming ideas for a halloween remix ;P I guess we shall have to wait and see.
Willow / Sock's other half

Higest DK Remix score default setting 64 180 (April 19 2018)

Twitter: @donkeykongremix
https://www.facebook.com/donkeykongremix/
Member for 8 Years

Offline Scoundrl

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2018, 08:09:57 pm »
DK was one of the games that I played so much as a 9 year old boy in diapers, lol

<Wiebe>
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline aarontruitt

• Elite Member
    • AaronTruitt's Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2018, 08:07:34 am »
Yes,I need it.  :) Because the complete versions of DK Remix nor Deranged will never be available in MAME,only for DK cabinets.  :(  :-[ :'(

This is by design. John worked incredibly hard on the game and deserves to be compensated by those who are enjoying it. Christmas Remix was a surprise and a gift. I have an extra DK PCB you can purchase from me if you need one to play Remix.
Arcade DK PB: 1,007,600 (KS)
Member for 8 Years CK Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline ZedIsDead

• Filthy Casual
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2018, 09:48:25 am »
DK was one of the games that I played so much as a 9 year old boy in diapers

Just a little bit behind the curve, there.
"Jump button makes Jump Man jump." - Nintendo
Member for 7 Years Twitch Streamer

Offline dnickolas

• Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2018, 10:26:59 am »
Maybe he has progeria and they were adult diapers?
Member for 8 Years DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline raulito

• Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2018, 10:58:59 am »
Yes,I need it  :) . Because the complete versions of DK Remix nor Deranged will never be available in MAME,only for DK cabinets.  :(  :-[ :'(

This is by design. John worked incredibly hard on the game and deserves to be compensated by those who are enjoying it. Christmas Remix was a surprise and a gift. I have an extra DK PCB you can purchase from me if you need one to play Remix.

Wow! Very interesting! And how much does the Donkey Kong PCB Board costs and where (or which site) I really need to purchase it for you? I've seen one at Ebay;it costs 50 dollars plus Shipping & Handling;and it's a repair service for only 4/2 tkg boards.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 11:05:11 am by raulito »
Member for 6 Years

Offline Kewydee_17

• Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2018, 11:19:18 am »
A 5 minute look at US Ebay.com and I found 3 DK arcade cabs. Each was under $1,000 so grab yourself a bargain cabinet.

Then buy the remix pbc from Sock_Master and you can play as much Remix as you want.

Remix should NOT be released for free on Mame, Sock did a hell of a lot of work and should be paid for his skill, time and contribution to the DK gaming scene.

Buy a cabinet, they are a worthwhile investment. Cabinets hold their value so you will always get your money back if you decide to sell
DK Hi-Score 84,000