Author Topic: 4 quarters arcade london!  (Read 4084 times)

Offline Svavar

• Awards
4 quarters arcade london!
« on: January 22, 2016, 07:14:50 am »
I will be at 4 quarters arcade in London tonight! Let's meet up, if possible, UK donkey kong players!  <Walter> <Roy> <Billy> <Tim> <Mruczek>
Member for 11 Years CK Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Christopher_Robin

Re: 4 quarters arcade london!
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2016, 01:45:00 am »
Hi,

I'm new to the forum.

How did you get on?  I've been to the four quarters a few times.  Starting to become a bit disappointed with the place because every time I go, there are less machines than there were the previous time.

I was the first to put over 100,000 on Donkey Kong on their cocktail table.

I don't know any other Donkey Kong players in London, or where any original DK machines can be found here!

Offline Bounty Bob

• Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2016, 07:05:16 am »
Hi guys, I'm a London Kong'er too. Never actually been to the four quarters though! If I play Kong in an arcade it's normally Astro City in Southend, where I have their high score at 323,100, although that's not an original cabinet, it's a multi-game cab.Do the four quarters have an original cab?
Member for 8 Years DK Killscreener

Christopher_Robin

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2016, 03:08:30 pm »
Hi Mark.

It's Chris Stancill.  Met you at Astro City.  Nice to see you on here.

4 quarters do not have an original DK cab. The only way you can play DK there is on their 60 in 1 table, which is usually monopolised by people that are drinking over it and not even paying the games.

From the golden age they have an original pacman and asteroids.  They had a Crystal Castles but it wasn't there last time I went in January.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 03:13:09 pm by Christopher_Robin »

Offline Bounty Bob

• Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2016, 09:46:01 am »
Hi Chris, small world!

Thanks for the info. In a couple of months work is moving to the London Bridge area and I was thinking about popping down to the 4 quarters and checking it out as it's only a 10 minute train ride from there. But hearing about the lack of classic games now I probably won't bother. Will stick with Astro City  :).
Member for 8 Years DK Killscreener

Christopher_Robin

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2016, 10:08:28 am »
Might be worth checking out if you can get there that quickly. 

Just don't expect too much.  It also gets quite rowdy in there.

I go to Loading Bar in Dalston which is near where I live quite a lot.  They have a 60 in 1 upright machine downstairs in there.  Don't know if that's any good to you.  Its also a very nice bar.

There's also a nice pub in Walthamstow that has a 60 in 1 table - The Village, Orford Road.

If you know anywhere in the London area, that you can play DK, please let me know.

Ta
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 10:10:29 am by Christopher_Robin »

Offline Svavar

• Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2016, 12:07:43 pm »
The place felt more like a club than an arcade/barcade when I went there but that was mostly because of the crowd. The place seemed cool though and they had a few classic titles. I didn't notice a DK machine when I went. I liked the place, but not as a place to play games. I quickly realized that trying to play the games was a pretty lost cause and just drank a lot.
Member for 11 Years CK Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer