Author Topic: Temporary DK REMIX Highscore List  (Read 36242 times)

Offline ToddLalonde

• Donkey Kong is the greatest game of all time!
    • Awards
Re: Temporary DK REMIX Highscore List
« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2016, 12:58:51 pm »
Hi guys. I Todd Lalonde just got a new PB on DK Remix ver. 1.01 on normal default settings of normal 5 man plus free man at 150k and every 150k on June 23/16. Final score is 311,500. Here is the link to the twitch highlight.
https://www.twitch.tv/toddlalonde/v/74111768
Thanks for reviewing my score submission as always. What an amazingly fun game! :)
Donkey Kong Arcade Cab PB 903,900 KS
Best 1st man 458,100 :)
Donkey Kong Remix PB 311,500
Member for 11 Years DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline tilt

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Repair man of DKF
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2016, 04:04:26 pm »
Hi guys. I Todd Lalonde just got a new PB on DK Remix ver. 1.01 on normal default settings of normal 5 man plus free man at 150k and every 150k on June 23/16. Final score is 311,500. Here is the link to the twitch highlight.
https://www.twitch.tv/toddlalonde/v/74111768
Thanks for reviewing my score submission as always. What an amazingly fun game! :)
The list has been updated!

Great score sir, glad to see you put up a sweet 300k game!  Keep going :)  Kreygasm
My stream is currently (http://www.twitch.tv/expandedidea/)
PB(s):
Donkey Kong: 1,116,400 (KS)
Donkey kong Hard roms(prev. world record): 914,200
Crazy Kong: 513,700 (KS)
Member for 9 Years DK 1.1M Point Scorer snek IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener DK Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline ToddLalonde

• Donkey Kong is the greatest game of all time!
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2016, 02:04:42 pm »
Thank you sir. I shall 😊
Donkey Kong Arcade Cab PB 903,900 KS
Best 1st man 458,100 :)
Donkey Kong Remix PB 311,500
Member for 11 Years DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline JAM

• Awards
« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2017, 02:47:55 pm »
I'm stuck in the high 50Ks because once I get to that rivet board with the switch to change the elevator direction I have no clue what to do.  I've only had it a few days though.  Really enjoying it so far.
My current PR (2/18/2019) 771,000
Member for 8 Years

Offline Sock Master

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2017, 10:17:50 am »
I'm stuck in the high 50Ks because once I get to that rivet board with the switch to change the elevator direction I have no clue what to do.  I've only had it a few days though.  Really enjoying it so far.

Hi JAM.  Usually I go for the two left side lower rivets first, then the two lower right side rivets. Taking the last one requires a doubleback and jump before the floor under Jumpman collapses.   (Alternately you could also take out the lowest right rivet first, then the two on the left, then the other one on the right.)

Then press the switch, take the elevator to the top, take out the two right side rivets then the two left side rivets.

Generally you want to time the floor drops to take out Firefoxes to get them out of the way, and the hammers also come in handy if there are Firefoxes in your way.

Here's a great gameplay example of the stage by Ethan Daniels:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/58037067?t=10m27s
"Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges!"
Member for 8 Years snek IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer

Offline JAM

• Awards
« Reply #50 on: June 16, 2017, 09:31:46 am »
Thanks.  That was helpful.  I got past it and up to 100K points, but then I died on the springs level where the ladder was missing :o  I'll have to start recording my runs.
My current PR (2/18/2019) 771,000
Member for 8 Years

Offline tilt

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Repair man of DKF
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2017, 08:35:53 pm »
Well, it has been almost 2 years since I started this list, so it is probably time for an update.  According to the poll and the amount of scores submitted, it appears the remix defaults are the preferred settings for high scores.  And it also seems the upcoming tournament will be run using these settings.  Since an influx of new scores is to be expected, it is time to start an official list for donkey kong remix.

I mentioned that I would be willing to run the subsequent official list, and this is still the case.  However, it is probably best that the new list is not located in this sub-forum, and rather the one for "Other High Score Lists".  If anyone has any comments on this or anything else (ie list location, score moderators), I am all ears. 

If there are no comments on topic location or moderation by the end of the DK REMIX Christmas competition, I will put together a topic in the Other High Score Lists section following the competition, and transfer over the new competition high scores as well as the the other 1.01 default scores.  In terms of the historical 1.00 scores and the hard/3man scores, they will remain on this list on their own for insight on the beginning progression of the game. 

Leave any comments or suggestions, thanks!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 09:19:16 pm by tilt »
My stream is currently (http://www.twitch.tv/expandedidea/)
PB(s):
Donkey Kong: 1,116,400 (KS)
Donkey kong Hard roms(prev. world record): 914,200
Crazy Kong: 513,700 (KS)
Member for 9 Years DK 1.1M Point Scorer snek IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener DK Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer