Author Topic: Something to say about the Donkey Kong randomness.  (Read 1637 times)

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Something to say about the Donkey Kong randomness.
« on: January 11, 2016, 05:37:20 pm »
While I have to say I don't particularly like not always having control over my men where a random barrel can straight up kill you.  There is something to be said about that.  I made a realization while playing Punch Out.  Sometimes the fighters for whatever reason seem to switch it up, and it can make the match much harder.

I was thinking that sometimes if there really isn't any screw job type randomness that the game can get tiresome constantly having to repeat the earlier levels.  With Donkey Kong you don't really get that since most of the earlier levels can be where the biggest screw jobs take place.

So while I still am not on board with the killing randomness of the earlier levels of Donkey Kong it can actually be a lot less boring than one where you master the earlier levels with not much of a sweet.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 06:00:07 pm by homerwannabee »
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Have a score on every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener