Author Topic: How high can they go?  (Read 4758 times)

Offline kalel

• Awards
How high can they go?
« on: January 04, 2016, 09:59:11 am »
I am wondering how high robbie. and wes will take the WR.( or someone else joining the fray )  would like to hear them chime in on what they think is possible. I think i heard something about dean saying he thought 1.225 was the ceiling.?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 10:01:38 am by kalel »
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer Blogger IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener Former DKJR World Record Holder - Arcade

Offline f_symbols

• Spring Jumper
  • wht u mean
    • Awards
Re: How high can they go?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 10:19:27 am »
Just going by Jeremy's game summary, there's at least another 15k from deaths, another 10k from start and then about another 8k or so on the last 2 levels (hypothetical, based on running average), so that's 33k more than 1.19 or 1.223

I will go so far as to say that a 62.5 level average is achievable with great randomness and tons of barrel transition-rejump risks, great spring leaching, all bottom hammers on pies.

There's a few risks and buffering strategies Wes isn't using, as well as a few others that Dean wasn't using during his 1.206, this throws another ~17k in the mix...

So the cieling number in my eyes is 1.24ish with current strats, but hot diggity the work load is astronomical at this point, fighting the limits of human perseverance as well as the RNG Lotto; hypothetical-math and reality are two different beasts.

Also, to actually answer your question, I think they're both planning to take breaks, but who knows! Gotta wait and see! :)

Final Edit:  Using the realistically achievable maxes; a 145K start, 35K in death points (basically 3 good sacs, lo  <Allen> ) and then a 62.5 level average (stupidly high) you would get  145K + 35K + (17 x 62.5K) = 1242.5K + 0.7K (22-1) = 1243.2K = 1.2432M
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 12:58:58 pm by f_symbols »
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Winner of a community event Former DK Remix World Record Holder DK Remix Killscreener IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline mikegmi2

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2016, 11:39:55 am »
Depends on what the next WR bounty is.  Keep upping the bounty, people will continue to raise the score until it reaches what Ethan mentioned above.

If someone put up a $1,000,000 bounty on a 1.223 score when DK came out, it would have been collected long ago.

Let's say there are 50 competitive DK players in the world.  20 that play regularly? Maybe 10 that have ever attempted playing at or above the current WR pace...say 4-5 that made it more than half way through the game at or near that pace.  Guessing 2-3 that attempted breaking the WR during the latest DKO? That's very little competition.

Throw 10,000 talented gamers into the mix when you increase the bounty to a point where it's worth their while to grind for days, and you'll reach the high score ceiling rather quickly.
Donkey Kong - 1,076,000 (arcade, KS)
Member for 11 Years DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

lakeman421

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2016, 11:40:51 am »
I'm taking a long break from the game to focus on other things.  There have been personal achievements outside of gaming I have been putting off for a while.  I may chase after the record again, but if I ever hit 1.2 I feel like there wouldnt be much else to achieve even if it isnt the record.

Offline danman123456

• Spring Jumper
    • Twitch TV Stream
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2016, 12:09:43 pm »
Depends on what the next WR bounty is.  Keep upping the bounty, people will continue to raise the score until it reaches what Ethan mentioned above.

If someone put up a $1,000,000 bounty on a 1.223 score when DK came out, it would have been collected long ago.

Let's say there are 50 competitive DK players in the world.  20 that play regularly? Maybe 10 that have ever attempted playing at or above the current WR pace...say 4-5 that made it more than half way through the game at or near that pace.  Guessing 2-3 that attempted breaking the WR during the latest DKO? That's very little competition.

Throw 10,000 talented gamers into the mix when you increase the bounty to a point where it's worth their while to grind for days, and you'll reach the high score ceiling rather quickly.

True if there was even $100,000 on the line for a 1.25 score it would happen within a year or two at most I bet. Tons of talented gamers out there and with that massive a group competing one is bound to get a game with all the right RNG thrown at him.
DK High : 1,059,700 (Lvl 22-1 KS!);
DK KS Speedrun : 1 Hr 16 Min 40 Sec - World Record!
DK Lvl 1 - 1: 12,400
Fix-It Felix Jr - 297,000 (World Record)
Fix-IT Felix Jr 1 Hour Limit - 177,000
Fix-It Felix Jr KS Speedrun - 1h33
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Winner of a community event DK 1M Point Scorer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2016, 01:02:59 pm »
If the game was competed on like StarCraft was for South Korea here in the U.S. for the past 35 years I truly believe that 1.3 million is possible.  That's basically the 1 in a million good randomness game executed to perfection over every single board with every single live used as a sacrifice.
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Have a score on every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline LMDAVE

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2016, 01:39:08 pm »
I'm taking a long break from the game to focus on other things.  There have been personal achievements outside of gaming I have been putting off for a while.  I may chase after the record again, but if I ever hit 1.2 I feel like there wouldnt be much else to achieve even if it isnt the record.

That is cool. Sometimes I look back on the amount of my free time I put into play DK since 2007 and can't believe it. I could have spent that time on my other passions like playing guitar more, or other things. But, I enjoyed playing DK, and qualifying for Kong Offs.

As for theoretical higher scores. Maybe ~64K level average can happen one day. That with a 135K-140K start, and decent deaths. 1.25M could happen.
Donkey Kong (Arcade): 1,108,100

Donkey Kong 1-1: 12,900

http://twitch.tv/LMDAVE
Member for 11 Years DK 1.1M Point Scorer Winner of a community event Blogger DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Twitch Streamer

Offline tudose

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2016, 01:45:31 pm »
here's the chart dean is currently using...

141,500 start, 63k per level, and 9k per death. 1.24m

Member for 11 Years Former CK World Record Holder - MAME DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DK Masters - Rank D DKJR Killscreener DK 1.1M Point Scorer IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Blogger Winner of a community event DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder