Author Topic: Track & Field Stuffs  (Read 49001 times)

Offline Fly

• Awards
Re: Track & Field Stuffs & Rush'n Attack
« Reply #75 on: May 14, 2023, 09:43:41 pm »
Added 2 more 1st places to Caravan Modes.

Rush'n Attack

Cosmo Gang

Member for 10 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer

Offline Fly

• Awards
Re: Track & Field Stuffs and THPS2 Contest
« Reply #76 on: August 06, 2023, 05:40:07 pm »
Don't be confused.  This is a new article on an event I was at 23 years ago. It was the Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 BIG Score Competition.  The grand prize was $10,000.00. I added the .00 to make it look bigger.  ;D

I can answer more questions about the event if anyone has any. It's one of my favorite events I was in and I love talking and reminiscing about it.

https://retrogamingtings.substack.com/p/the-wildest-gaming-party-of-the-2000s?utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=web
Member for 10 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer

Offline Fly

• Awards
Re: Today I play DK
« Reply #77 on: October 05, 2023, 05:12:00 am »
Later this morning I will play Donkey Kong on stream. Dude put up 10,000 channel points for your viewing pleasure.   FailFish

Offline Fly

• Awards
Re: Track & Field Stuffs & Excitebike Bouncy Bounce
« Reply #78 on: November 29, 2023, 08:57:21 am »
Some updates on what this T&F guy has been up to.

I got sucked back into NES Excitebike. I was doing full runs and Track 4 and 5 kept killing my runs.  I got tired of getting my ass kicked by them so I started practicing on them specifically to be more consistent on my full runs. That soon turned into a PB(WR improvement) on 4 and then a bigger PB(4th WR improvement). 47.26! 3.54 Seconds faster than #2.

Most of my grind was on Track 5. My PB was around 49 and usually got 55-60. I was a novice here.  I was aiming for consistent sub 50 for full runs. I got down to fairly easy 45s. That was about 2 seconds off the top spot, so I started to work on that. The cut from 44 down to 42 or even 43 was much more significant that I thought. I grinded for 1 month and finally got a mid 42. Just a tic away from #1. So, the grind continued, but the goal wasn't #1. It was now SUB 40. There is an unsubmitted run on another players YT. He got 39.95, but for whatever reason, he never submitted it. I think he only does full runs but knew this was significant and saved the clip.  After another month of 2-3 hours a day, I finally get sub 40! 39.45! Here's the thing....I hit mud just before the finish and ruined a shot at sub 39.  FailFish  NotLikeThis I couldn't stand the thought of someone copying my run MINUS the mud and beating me. Another month on Track 5 and I finally get a clean run. 38.86 is where the record stands. I'm done with this track. Your turn!  <thefinger>

I took my newly found knowledge and skills to track 2C Selection A and Selection B and lowered those a few times. I actually have a faster time than anybody else on Selection B (opponents on the track) than they have on Selection A (No opponents).

I've rambled long enough. Short compared to my grind. LOL!

Offline andrewg

• Awards
Re: Track & Field Stuffs
« Reply #79 on: November 30, 2023, 11:03:25 am »
 BibleThump
There's a Kill Screen Coming Up!
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Blogger DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline Dallas Taylor

• Awards
Re: Track & Field Stuffs
« Reply #80 on: December 01, 2023, 12:45:06 pm »
Incredible Sir Hector, Knight of the dirt tracks, Duke of all "tracks." A true MAN among men.
Seriously man, great stuff!
Member for 4 Years DKJR Killscreener Twitch Streamer