Author Topic: Thoughts on a Sealed NES Donkey Kong 3, and my record.  (Read 10290 times)

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Thoughts on a Sealed NES Donkey Kong 3, and my record.
« on: March 12, 2013, 07:07:29 am »
As you can see from the link I have provided this game sealed was sold for $5355 plus shipping.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sealed-NES-Donkey-Kong-3-RARE-NINTENDO-NOS-/150960235785

Now the question becomes which is more valuable having the Donkey Kong 3 record or having this video game?  I am positive that 99.9 percent of the population including members of this board would go with the sealed blackbox Donkey Kong 3 game.

But let's think about this for a second.  Is it actually more prestigious to own a sealed NES Donkey Kong 3 game?   Truth is this, there are probably at least 100 sealed Donkey Kong 3 black box NES games in existence.   There is only one record holder for Donkey Kong 3 Arcade which of course is me.  Owning this game sealed will not make a collection stand out from anyone else.  It's nice in a collection, but it is no Sealed Myriad 6 in 1, or sealed Flintstones at Dinasour peak, or gold NWC cartridge.  I mean there is probably at least 50 people out there that can also brag about having a sealed Donkey Kong 3 game.

Owning this game is not going to get you any recognition by any newspaper or book for that matter.  Having this record has gotten me recognition in Two Guiness Book of World records gamers editions.

And finally all owning this game means is one of two things.  Either A) Super lucky to find this at a yard sale/or bought this game 10 years ago when the prices were way less, or B) You have a lot of money at your disposal. 

Owning the Donkey Kong 3 record on the other hand has everything to do with a tremendous amount of skill that one has acquired through extreme effort.

Of course I am not fool, and realize that money is the trump card in this equation, but the reality of the matter is this.  You take out the money, and look at everything else, and owning the Donkey Kong 3 record is way more important than owning a sealed blackbox Donkey Kong 3.   
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 07:13:11 am by homerwannabee »
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Have a score on every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
Re: Thoughts on a Sealed NES Donkey Kong 3, and my record.
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 07:27:07 am »
My preference would be a sealed DK Jr Math cart signed by George Leutz.
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

giv

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 10:51:41 am »
If Mark Alpiger and I signed Bill's Legend of Zelda cart, that would be worth something.

Or a signed picture of Mark holding the cart and giving it the "thumbs down."

giv

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 01:45:11 pm »
Beating Brian Allen to the punch.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 01:57:08 pm by giv »

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2013, 02:47:25 pm »
George Leutz trolling Brain Allen is like Eminem when he trolled Insane Clown Posse.  I don't think it has sunk in for George that he just did an 84 hour marathon, and now is Billy Mitchell, Steve Wiebe type of status.  No point in messing with the plebes. ;D

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Have a score on every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Simpsons99

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2013, 07:13:14 pm »
As a Retro Game Collector .

Your Black box  5 Screw  games are worth the most then the others.

These Donkey Kong Karts have gotten alot harder to find.  I have them all but Donkey Kong and Donkey Kong Junior Math.

I would say there is lesser of a DK3 Kart  then the other 2 becouse seems like it was'nt as liked..  Maybe thats why there is still sealed copys of it around.

George I think your over thinking your WR Again...   Only people that really care about that kind of stuff is us the players.

Simpsons99

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2013, 07:14:27 pm »

I could really give a Damm at this point..

Thanks George   I guess I'm a no body anymore huh?

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2013, 07:34:16 pm »

Well if it makes you fell any better, compared to Mr. Leutz I am also a nobody! ;D

-Ross Benzinger

-Leon Shepard

Simpsons99

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2013, 10:03:26 pm »
I completely think differently George.....    He just had the lights and the big stage of Richie's arcade.....  Big Deal!

Simpsons99

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2013, 10:52:32 pm »
To bad George  that DK3 Stops giving you free guys at a Millon .. You could break this Record for playing the longest  on dk3 .

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2013, 03:11:55 am »
I completely think differently George.....    He just had the lights and the big stage of Richie's arcade.....  Big Deal!

It's the 84 hours that was the impressive part.   He could have done this at his home, and what he did would still get a ton of headlines.

-Ross Benzinger

-Leon Shepard

Offline Chuckie egg

• Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2013, 10:57:31 am »
I think owning a dedicated donkey 3 cab would be much better than owning a sealed game that you can't play & all you can do is stare at it .
Being the world champ is by far the best thing .
Member for 11 Years

The Butcher

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2013, 02:53:35 pm »
I own a complete set of the black box carts themselves. About 11 of those i have are CIB.

Trying to complete the set, slowly but surely.

Offline Scoundrl

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2013, 03:15:22 pm »

Wrong... still a nobody, and a troll.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer