Author Topic: Questions about Donkey Kong 3  (Read 4371 times)

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Questions about Donkey Kong 3
« on: November 20, 2015, 08:12:30 am »
Yes, even I have questions about the game, though I have a feeling they won't be answered.

Question #1  Why does the repetitive blue screen happen?  I mean there are no levels like there are with Donkey Kong, and Donkey Kong Junior.  It just counts boards, and it stops doing that at board 35.

Question #2 Why does the repetitive blue screen show up on board 160?
Question #3 Why is board 160 not a killscreen like DK, and DKjr?
Question #4 Why does at board 35 the game show a lock instead of a number?  You would think it would be easy to show board numbers up to board 99.

Question #5 What is with the mutant looking red beetle that shows up around 1.5 million to 2.5 million.  Also I used to see that thing all the time, but as I have gotten better at the game I rarely see it now.

Question #6 What is with the extra man that show up at I think 990,200?  Yeah, you get an extra man at 990,000, and then 200 points later it gives you another one, and then that's it for the entire game.  Was that intentional or an accident?

Like, I said, I don't really expect anyone to answer any of these questions, but they are questions that pop in my head about the game.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 08:14:03 am by homerwannabee »
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Have a score on every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline Fly

• Awards
Re: Questions about Donkey Kong 3
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2015, 09:13:46 am »
I like this set of questions. I can only guess on them and hope someone can pick these questions apart and give some solid answers.

GINWHISKEYNOTONIC says I'm in no condition to asnwer any questions right now.
Member for 10 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer