Author Topic: If Donkey Kong was originally on 7 men...  (Read 2961 times)

Offline Xermon54

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
If Donkey Kong was originally on 7 men...
« on: March 11, 2013, 08:36:50 am »
... What would be your odds of reaching a kill screen? Personally, I think I can reach a kill screen one game out of 2.5 games (when I'm running boards). If it was on 7 men, I think I would be able to kill screen 95% of the time.

... What would be the high score? Definitely over 1.2m (MAME scores would probably still be higher). By having 3 more men, it gives a LOT more probabilities to reach a kill screen, so it means that even when you point press freaking hard, the odds will still stay relatively high for you to reach a kill screen. This would also mean you would be able to play riskier, since you have +3 men in total. I think the high score would be a good 1.25m

... How many kill screeners would there be, considering there are 49 at 4 men?
I think it would be up to 75 kill screeners. People that have a high score in the 400-500k range on 4 men would very likely be able to reach a kill screen very soon on 7 men!

Now, I want to hear your thoughts about that!
1) World Record of the most insults received by a plastic surgeon - 3752

2:World Record of the most Check Man games played - 6 (tied with Hank Chien)
Member for 11 Years Blogger DK 1.1M Point Scorer DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Twitch Streamer

Offline Milehighdt

• Awards
Re: If Donkey Kong was originally on 7 men...
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 09:37:02 am »
... How many kill screeners would there be, considering there are 49 at 4 men?

There would of been more killscreeneres in the 80's and no iconic score to beat. So no  KOK, no resurgence of lots of players and no donkey kong forums  :'(
so about the same number but no one would know who most of them are

What would be the high score?

I think the score would be right about a million since not  many people would be figuring out how to point press
DK (Arcade) 1,129,700
DK No-hammer (Arcade) 768800 Killscreen
DK No-hammer (mame japan set)  524600 level 21-4
Member for 11 Years DKJR Killscreener Winner of a community event Individual Board Record Holder IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK No-Hammer Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Former CK World Record Holder - MAME DK 1.1M Point Scorer DK 1M Point Scorer Former DK No-Hammer World Record Holder DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer CK Killscreener

Offline Xermon54

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 11:17:07 am »
Damn, you're right Milehighdt. I didn't think that way, but you're totally right on everything you said.

Ironically, if Donkey Kong was on 7 men instead of 4 men, the highest score would probably be a lot lower, KOK wouldn't have happened, and there would be no Donkey Kong competition, no Donkey Kong players would know each other, I would still be in my basement playing World of Wacraft, Richie, Jon and Jourdan wouldn't have bought Twin Galaxies....

Thank you Nintendo for putting Donkey Kong's original settings on 4 men! haha.
1) World Record of the most insults received by a plastic surgeon - 3752

2:World Record of the most Check Man games played - 6 (tied with Hank Chien)
Member for 11 Years Blogger DK 1.1M Point Scorer DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Twitch Streamer

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2013, 11:50:44 am »
This is why this forum is the best on the web, you get like 5th+ level thinking.  C wat I did there?
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener