Author Topic: A Role-Reversal Hack!  (Read 11564 times)

Offline marky_d

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Re: A Role-Reversal Hack!
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2013, 09:06:37 am »
Looks as though testing on arcade hardware is taking place, and a playable version for mame will be available in the next few days...are you ready, Allen?

Donkey Kong Pauline Edition (arcade version!)
Member for 11 Years DK 1.1M Point Scorer DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DKJR World Record Holder - Arcade DKJR Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline VON

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2013, 04:33:15 pm »
Looks like I'll have to make a trip over to Ground Kontrol this weekend.  I hope Pauline can float a la Princess Peach in Super Mario Bros. 2.  I've long imagined the joy in being able to jump 10 barrels at once.

Actually, I am curious whether the sprite swapping affected any elements of the gameplay.  I will report my findings.

Offline marky_d

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2013, 07:05:03 am »
For those interested, located here is the file to patch your dkong.zip files for mame...

http://www.multigame.com/dkp_arcade.html
Member for 11 Years DK 1.1M Point Scorer DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DKJR World Record Holder - Arcade DKJR Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline Scoundrl

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2013, 01:07:24 pm »
Pauline ROMS on their way to the Kencade...
Member for 11 Years Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline VON

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2013, 04:16:35 pm »
I played a game on the machine at Ground Kontrol.  Not much to report, seems the same to me. 

Maybe the detection boxes for the prizes is slightly different, but that's probably just in my head.  The aspect ratio of the monitor was slightly different than what I'm used to so that might have been the issue.

Offline Scoundrl

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2013, 07:54:52 pm »
Clay explains what he did to make the hack on his site. It looks like there were some changes to the prize pick up code but it sounds like he made the same as the original just had to move things around. We all know that can cause unforeseen issues, I think time will tell.

http://www.multigame.com/dkp_arcade.html
Member for 11 Years Blogger Twitch Streamer