Author Topic: The Battle in Banning, Oct 2nd - Oct 4th  (Read 6521 times)

WCopeland

The Battle in Banning, Oct 2nd - Oct 4th
« on: September 07, 2015, 07:43:49 am »
Figured I'd go ahead and repost this here just in case anyone doesn't follow TG or check Facebook.

http://www.twingalaxies.com/content.php/4026-Top-Donkey-Kong-Champions-Robbie-Lakeman-and-Wes-Copeland-to-Compete-Head-to-Head-at-TGEF!

Quote from: Twin Galaxies
Who Will Win?? — Robbie Lakeman and Wes Copeland to compete head-to-head at TGEF!

An exclusive series of professional Donkey Kong exhibition matches will be taking place October 2nd - October 4th at the Twin Galaxies Entertainment Festival in Banning, CA!

WHO:
Robbie Lakeman is the current world record holder on Donkey Kong (Arcade platform) with a score of 1,158,400. He is the winner of several online Donkey Kong tournaments, and holds world record titles for many other arcade classics, including Super Pac-Man. Robbie recently came in 2nd place during the scoring competition at Kong Off 4, and was a finalist in the bracket event.

Wes Copeland is one of the few active world record contenders for Donkey Kong, currently holding a personal best score of 1,121,600. Wes has won several Donkey Kong tournaments, both live and online, and came in 3rd place during the scoring competition at Kong Off 4.

WHAT:
The Battle in Banning will consist of several DK exhibition matches.

The first day, Friday October 2nd, will consist of several mini-challenges including: Donkey Kong No-Hammer score challenge, L2 score challenge, highest cumulative 1-1 score challenge, and even a speed run challenge.

The second day, Saturday October 3rd, will be a traditional score competition between Copeland and Lakeman. This will be very similar to the formats that have been seen in Eric Tessler’s Donkey Kong Online Open events, as well as the Kong Offs.

On the third day, broadcasted live on TGLIVE.COM, Sunday October 4th, will have Lakeman and Copeland playing on modified arcade cabinets with the killscreen error patched out so that the game no longer crashes on L=22. As many people know, Donkey Kong has a “kill screen” if the player ever makes it to level 22. On this level, the timer runs out very quickly and Jumpman [Mario] always dies before he can get past the 2nd girder...

Looking forward to participating in this and having yet another opportunity to crush Lakeman. Before the event starts, hopefully we can get a no-KS Arcade track set up so that after I take the WR I can be above him in two leaderboards Kappa

lakeman421

Re: The Battle in Banning, Oct 2nd - Oct 4th
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2015, 10:55:46 am »
Looking forward to participating in this and having yet another opportunity to crush Lakeman. Before the event starts, hopefully we can get a no-KS Arcade track set up so that after I take the WR I can be above him in two leaderboards Kappa

You have to have done it at least once to have another opportunity Kappa

Offline f_symbols

• Spring Jumper
  • wht u mean
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2015, 03:23:11 pm »
 <YSG>
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Winner of a community event Former DK Remix World Record Holder DK Remix Killscreener IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2015, 03:33:44 pm »
 Kreygasm Kreygasm Kreygasm Kreygasm

Stream or rito!

:)
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 Have a score on every DK3 track DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener Winner of a community event IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline marky_d

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2015, 04:15:04 pm »
Am I reading this correctly that only Day 3 will be streamed?
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1.1M Point Scorer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DKJR World Record Holder - Arcade DKJR Killscreener Twitch Streamer

WCopeland

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2015, 04:38:41 pm »
You are reading correctly sir

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2015, 05:40:33 pm »
I would so go to this if I could.  Have fun to anyone going. 8)
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Have a score on every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline marky_d

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2015, 01:28:33 pm »
TG is supposed to be streaming from the event at 5pm EST today at:

http://www.twitch.tv/twingalaxieslive
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1.1M Point Scorer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DKJR World Record Holder - Arcade DKJR Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline YesAffinity

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2015, 08:43:28 am »
I'm sure details already went out on shoutbox, but if anybody's interested in the details from yesterday's head to head, Robbie got to L=24-x at around 989k, and Wes got to L=24-x with around 1.044M.  This was, obviously, on the modified "No KS" boards.  Sorry my dets aren't a bit more precise.  It was a bit frustrating that there was no announcement or any kind of fanfare over the head-to-head, but I'm sure today's event will get more attention.

Great showing by both players, and it is very impressive that they can do it under the pressure of people watching, decathlon players bumping into the cabinets, etc.  <popcorn>
Matthew 21:22

DK Arcade PB (verified): 970,200 KS
DK Start PB (verified): 126,600
DK L1-1 PB (verified): 11,400
DK PB 1st Man: 622,000

Donkey Kong Direct Feed How-To - http://donkeykongforum.net/index.php?topic=1413.0
^Now outdated, see instead: http://donkeykongforum.net/index.php?topic=2471.0
Member for 9 Years DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer