Author Topic: I bought a cab  (Read 3356 times)

Offline jwade614

• Awards
I bought a cab
« on: August 25, 2015, 05:33:40 pm »
Extra special thanks to Joe (Rolledcigs) who set the whole deal up and even did the lion's share of the moving. Would not have got this without him. Thank you, Joe!

The cab plays great. I am very pleased with it. I will post pics of the inside once I get in there. It's locked and I don't have the keys...

Also, any advice on how to setup a camera for streaming is appreciated. Like, what kind of camera and how to situate it. On a tripod or what?

Member for 9 Years DK 1.1M Point Scorer DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline thekid25

• Awards
Re: I bought a cab
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 05:53:52 pm »
  Looks great. Congrats!
Member for 9 Years

Offline f_symbols

• Spring Jumper
  • wht u mean
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2015, 06:25:37 pm »
HOLY CONGRATS ON THE CAB MATE!!!!

you deserve one for sure :)

The microsoft lifecam has a very high-quality image.

I made a mount that uses the marquee-retainer-screw-holes as its attachment point <confused>

I used a 2x4, some nails, 1 bolt, a hand saw, a threaded screw (the same threading as a standard tripod mount), a few washers to add feet to the part that touches the marquee, and the neck is an old desk lamp that I can bend at will. 
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 06:27:20 pm by f_symbols »
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Winner of a community event Former DK Remix World Record Holder DK Remix Killscreener IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline Adam_Mon

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2015, 06:29:27 pm »
Very nice!

Offline Rolledcigs

• Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2015, 09:47:00 pm »
Thanks Jason. Also to anyone wondering.. I anticipated the potential of not being able to get into the back of the cab. So the night before we went I took a flashlight and looked through my bezel to know what I could see and what it looked like from that angle. So I was able at least to verify that it had the correct monitor and a 2-board DK pcb, as well as the same wiring from the marquee light that mine has. It's a DK jr that was professionally converted in the early 2000's and purchased by a wealthy family and stored in a $750k+ house that entire time. It's clean, it's sharp, and it was a great deal imo. I'm glad to see it in good hands, and I'm even more glad that I could help that happen.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 09:54:56 pm by Rolledcigs »
Member for 9 Years DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Blogger IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer

Offline YesAffinity

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2015, 11:33:21 am »
Congrats!  That's a sweet cab!

My setup, although I don't necessarily recommend it, consists of a $40 webcam ziptied to a yard stick.  The yard stick is sandwiched between a towel (to protect the top of the cab) and a 5-lb. weight to hold the yard stick in place.

It's ghetto, but it works.
Matthew 21:22

DK Arcade PB (verified): 970,200 KS
DK Start PB (verified): 126,600
DK L1-1 PB (verified): 11,400
DK PB 1st Man: 622,000

Donkey Kong Direct Feed How-To - http://donkeykongforum.net/index.php?topic=1413.0
^Now outdated, see instead: http://donkeykongforum.net/index.php?topic=2471.0
Member for 9 Years DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2015, 07:57:21 pm »
Congrats on the pickup!!
 8)
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 Submit a score for every DK3 track DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener Winner of a community event IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer