Author Topic: Donkey Kong 3 million is not as easy as made out to be  (Read 16352 times)

BrianD

Re: Donkey Kong 3 million is not as easy as made out to be
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2015, 04:23:18 am »
Here's mine 1,139,500
And yours was done on Hard settings, which is even more impressive.  8)

News to me, I was just playing on whatever it was set to when I bought it haha

What's the TG default? Med?

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2015, 07:17:10 am »
OK, maybe I screwed up. LOL  TG is on Hard.  Maybe it is on Easy.  I swear though you put it on TG Settings.
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Have a score on every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

BrianD

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2015, 08:12:51 am »
Me and my big mouth haha I can check later to see what is set on

Offline BBH

• Awards
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2015, 03:29:47 am »
I know this is an old thread but I just saw this

But despite this we only had five out of 75 get a million for scores submitted, and of those only one was a person who didn't have one million before. That being BBH, and he had over 700k on hard settings in a previous tournament, so he doesn't really count.

For what it's worth, the 1.4 million in IGBY wasn't my first million on those easy settings. I'd gotten ~1.2 million practicing for Battle of the Arcades in 2014, when we thought it was going to be played on Easy difficulty instead of Medium, where indeed I only ended up getting 700k lol. So yeah you're right, I obviously didn't count.

I will say that while I'm not a gigantic fan of the game, I do enjoy DK3 way more than DK or [especially] DKJr. I just never feel motivated to play the game outside of tournaments.
Member for 10 Years DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2015, 03:01:15 pm »
I know this is an old thread but I just saw this

But despite this we only had five out of 75 get a million for scores submitted, and of those only one was a person who didn't have one million before. That being BBH, and he had over 700k on hard settings in a previous tournament, so he doesn't really count.

For what it's worth, the 1.4 million in IGBY wasn't my first million on those easy settings. I'd gotten ~1.2 million practicing for Battle of the Arcades in 2014, when we thought it was going to be played on Easy difficulty instead of Medium, where indeed I only ended up getting 700k lol. So yeah you're right, I obviously didn't count.

I will say that while I'm not a gigantic fan of the game, I do enjoy DK3 way more than DK or [especially] DKJr. I just never feel motivated to play the game outside of tournaments.

Huh, interesting.  Thanks for the update on that.  You are not alone in liking DK3 over the other two Donkey Kongs.  It's the unDonkey Kong.  So those who tend not to care for the other two seem to have a liking for that game.
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Have a score on every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener