Author Topic: need help streaming  (Read 15369 times)

Offline craighiphopfish

• Gleaming the cube!!!
    • Awards
need help streaming
« on: March 01, 2013, 11:43:09 pm »
Hey guys, I need help setting up a twitch stream from my DK arcade cab.   Will someone be so kind to walk me through the steps (in a simple way) so I can partake in the next online wildcard match?  I'm computer dumb, but I need a walkthrough as easily as possible...okay, I'm kinda computer dumb.
p.s. I have a decent HP laptop and I do have an xbox camera with a usb (not sure if that will work).  Thanks.~Craigers
Member for 11 Years Twitch Streamer

Offline craighiphopfish

• Gleaming the cube!!!
    • Awards
Re: need help streaming
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 12:01:22 am »
I just realized I said I'm computer dumd twice...pardon the bad grammar.

Fast Eddie

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 07:20:53 am »
im not very experienced with streaming but i have done the setup so ill put a quick guide as i remember it. anyone feel free to add/correct...

join twitch
download/register xsplit
click broadcast on xsplit and edit the twitch.tv field with your twitch user/password
ARCADE: plug your camera in, on xsplit click add camera, you should see your cam, select it
MAME: open mame and start game (windowed mode) on xsplit click add screen region and click the mame window
you should now see your cam picture/mame window on the xsplit viewer, drag the corner to enlarge/fill the viewer
you can then click the view tab and set resolution as you see fit
click broadcast and select twitch and you should be live

during testing i had an issue with video/audio sync on aracde, you can click tools/setting there is an option to delay the audio part of the stream, it seems very awkward to get this correct yourself, it would help to have someone else listening to the stream and adjusting while you play the cab...

8)

« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 07:39:00 am by Fast Eddie »

Offline craighiphopfish

• Gleaming the cube!!!
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 08:05:02 pm »
Thank you Fast Eddie and Jeff W! I need to adjust the delay this week, but other than that I'm good to go! 

Offline Bliss1083

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2013, 06:54:23 pm »
I have trouble with my audio. My only solution was to open the voice recorder on my windows. Not even record using it. Just had to open it and record from windows in x split. Thing is I'm not even opening x split to record to twitch. It just does it.
Donkey kong  arcade 867,000 kill screen
Donkey kong arcade 1-1 12,800 12,200 12,100 and 12,000
Donkey kong end of level 4 132k
working on my hello kitty island adventure skills
Member for 11 Years DKJR Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline ebinsugewa

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2013, 06:51:39 pm »
In all my streaming, I've found OBS http://obsproject.com/ to be better than XSplit. It doesn't cap your video quality or codecs and it's always free.
we're in the yellow pages under 'spatulas'
Member for 11 Years Twitch Streamer Blogger IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member

The Butcher

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2013, 09:02:39 am »
im not very experienced with streaming but i have done the setup so ill put a quick guide as i remember it. anyone feel free to add/correct...

join twitch
download/register xsplit
click broadcast on xsplit and edit the twitch.tv field with your twitch user/password
ARCADE: plug your camera in, on xsplit click add camera, you should see your cam, select it
MAME: open mame and start game (windowed mode) on xsplit click add screen region and click the mame window
you should now see your cam picture/mame window on the xsplit viewer, drag the corner to enlarge/fill the viewer
you can then click the view tab and set resolution as you see fit
click broadcast and select twitch and you should be live

during testing i had an issue with video/audio sync on aracde, you can click tools/setting there is an option to delay the audio part of the stream, it seems very awkward to get this correct yourself, it would help to have someone else listening to the stream and adjusting while you play the cab...

8)

Is this up to date? I was trying to register for twitch on Friday and I was so freaking confused.

cheetah33p

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2013, 09:12:20 am »
This all sounds right to me!  :-)

The Butcher

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2013, 05:51:17 am »
Well yes I got it to work but the quality is awful..

Any tips if I'm using an arcade machine and a webcam for better clarity/quality?

Offline mikegmi2

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2013, 07:07:32 am »
Just try messing with the video settings of your webcam to see what works best.  Also try streaming with all the lights off because no light means less for your webcam to process.

Is your computer old, do you have a cheap-O video card?  I have a cheap webcam but my stream looks pretty good because i tinkered with the settings, and my video card is pretty nice.
Donkey Kong - 1,076,000 (arcade, KS)
Member for 11 Years DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

The Butcher

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2013, 12:44:43 pm »
No my computer is relatively new but my webcam is like $15. I think I could upgrade it a bit.

I'll try that.

The Butcher

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2013, 05:43:23 am »
So I need the new webcam up last night and the quality and sound were AMAZING compared to my last cam.

Unfortunately I'm still having issues.

The resolution on my home computer was something like 950 by 544 or something, it was taking up half my monitor.

When I broadcast on twitch it turns it tiny.

http://www.twitch.tv/thebutchertao/b/431116033

I checked the resolution and it wouldn't go past 500 or so.

What am I doing wrong?

corey.chambers

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2013, 07:31:29 am »
I may need to catch you streaming something and we can check out your settings. Are you using OBS?
That is the program I use. There are a few different settings to adjust, 1) resolution, 2) bitrate, 3)downscale, etc.

The Butcher

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2013, 09:19:34 am »
Here's my stream from last night.

I'll check on this settings tonight. I use xsplit though to broadcast, I know that.

http://www.twitch.tv/thebutchertao/b/432512629