Author Topic: DKPace 3  (Read 11321 times)

Offline LMDAVE

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Re: DKPace 2 - Complete rewrite and optimized for streaming
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2014, 07:52:26 am »
I didn't know the calculator already had an option for entering deaths, now I see it did.

Donkey Kong (Arcade): 1,108,100

Donkey Kong 1-1: 12,900

http://twitch.tv/LMDAVE
Member for 11 Years DK 1.1M Point Scorer Winner of a community event Blogger DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Twitch Streamer

WCopeland

Re: DKPace 2 - Complete rewrite and optimized for streaming
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2014, 07:56:32 am »
Ah gotcha, no worries.

I checked your stream out and it looks like you weren't able to figure out how to crop the app onto your channel.  That might be related to why the text size appears to be really small.  Not sure if you're using OBS or XSplit ... I know cropping is pretty easy in OBS but I've had trouble doing it using XSplit

WCopeland

Re: DKPace 3
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2015, 08:30:44 am »
I've released a pretty big update to the app.  Here's what the new UI looks like:

The biggest change is that the "Needed Average For Goal" is no longer static after you enter your start.  On old versions, if my goal was 1,100,000 and I got a 130k start, the "Needed Average" would display 57,100 and would remain 57,100 for the entire game.  Now, if I get a 70k L5, my needed average will change to "56,300".

In other words, the calculator now tells you how hard or light you need to play to reach your goal.

The new version can be downloaded here:
Download

Extract the file somewhere to your computer and run DKPace.exe and you'll be all set.

What's next?
I've taken notice to how easy it is to place your phone against the top of the 1P and 2P start buttons.  I'm experimenting right now with being able to input the score via your phone right there on the control panel rather than use your laptop keyboard.  This will be included in version 3.5.

I'm also still experimenting with OCR.  Ideally, Version 4 will pick up scores via your webcam so no input will be required at all.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 04:45:00 pm by WCopeland »

Offline f_symbols

• Spring Jumper
  • wht u mean
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2015, 08:53:54 am »
<Tim> [move] Kreygasm Kreygasm Kreygasm <Tim> [/move]
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Winner of a community event Former DK Remix World Record Holder DK Remix Killscreener IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline ebinsugewa

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2015, 11:12:48 am »
Hey Wes, do you have a more detailed todo? I'd be interested in helping.
we're in the yellow pages under 'spatulas'
Member for 11 Years Twitch Streamer Blogger IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member

WCopeland

« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2015, 11:49:48 am »
Quote from: dkshawn
How about my idea for a 'bonus' field for death points? I guess it would subtract from current level and add back into pace calculation.

I'm concerned that having more than one entry field, while it might sound plausible, could be way too cumbersome to use in real-time.  Being a programmer yourself, feel free to add it in and then put in a pull request.  If it works out after all, I'll merge it.

Quote from: ebinsugewa
Hey Wes, do you have a more detailed todo? I'd be interested in helping.

Hi Brendan,
If you revisit the repo's main page here: https://github.com/wescopeland/DKPace-3/tree/master
You will find that I have updated the readme.md file with a guide on how to get up and going. If something in this guide is unclear, please let me know.

I have also added four issues to the issue list here: https://github.com/wescopeland/DKPace-3/issues
The next step in the direct upgrade path to 3.5 is going to be this one: https://github.com/wescopeland/DKPace-3/issues/3

Right now, I don't have time to tackle anything on the issue list.  If you want to take a stab at them, by all means go for it.  If you fix or implement anything, I'll merge it.

Offline ebinsugewa

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2015, 03:03:10 pm »
 Kreygasm Kreygasm Kreygasm ty sir  <stirpot>
we're in the yellow pages under 'spatulas'
Member for 11 Years Twitch Streamer Blogger IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member

WCopeland

« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2015, 04:50:11 pm »
Just another minor update:

Three buttons added for "quick deaths".  It was proving too cumbersome to have to manually enter death points.  If you have a small death, press S.  If you have a medium-sized death, press M.  If you have a large death, press L.

You can get this update by just downloading the app again (link in the first post of this thread).