Author Topic: A Master List of DK Anxiety Disorders  (Read 20521 times)

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
Re: A Master List of DK Anxiety Disorders
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2013, 06:10:01 pm »
Haha, but for Estel, we could say "On stage 22" instead of stage 21. Like he's at the kill screen, he's so happy, he climb the small ladder, and he takes the bottom hammer with a forward jump because he's used to it (on a no hammer run). That would be funny, lol.

Yeah, I thought of that too, but decided to leave the post unedited.

Obviously, there's one person who wouldn't find the Level 22 scenario quite so hilarious.

Ok, just one more and then I'll shut up:

Wagsophobia

The fear of arcade gamers boycotting any title that prominently features a kangaroo, or other marsupial.

I fucking love Kangaroo....
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline craighiphopfish

• Gleaming the cube!!!
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2013, 06:19:12 pm »
I am having anxiety about my jump button not working next Saturday.  It's starting to not respond  (recently installed Mike's arcade repo).  Anyone have an orange DK button for sale?  Bummed.
Member for 11 Years Twitch Streamer

Fast Eddie

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2013, 08:46:30 pm »
did you adjust the microswitch when installing? mikes buttons are a little shorter than the originals so will not press the lever as much...

8)

Offline stella_blue

• High Score Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2013, 02:54:29 pm »

Ok, let's try a couple more.

MikeGrophobia (synonym:  Boydaphobia)

The fear of being interviewed each year at the Kong Off, and facing the same tired question, "So, tell us what it's like to be the second best DK player in Michigan?"

And just to prove I'm semi-aware of current events:

Kencadaphobia

The fear of announcing victory at the BOTA, and facing resentment from non-gaming colleagues who assume you've won a BOAT, but can't spell it.

On that last one, I've tried to phrase it a dozen different ways.  No matter how it's expressed, it comes across as weak.  Sorry about that.   :(

DK High Score 
  (L22-1)
DK Level 1-1 
DK No Hammer 
  (L15-2)
Member for 11 Years Most Time Online DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline mikegmi2

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2013, 05:58:12 am »
Haha, nice Scott!

Hey is there footage out there of any of the interviews John and his crew did?

Actually the current affliction that I seem to be suffering from is 'Dbogaphobia'.

dbog - distracted by other games
Donkey Kong - 1,076,000 (arcade, KS)
Member for 11 Years DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline stella_blue

• High Score Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2013, 08:47:26 am »

Here's one for a future forum member, who has yet to register, but plans to do so.

Exisidiphobia

The fear of being blamed for 8 deaths, suffered by 8 players, during 8 separate DK streaming sessions, that invariably occur within 30 seconds of typing, "This is the one!" in the chat window.

All in good fun, Derrick.  I know you're sensitive to that self-perceived "jinx" factor.

DK High Score 
  (L22-1)
DK Level 1-1 
DK No Hammer 
  (L15-2)
Member for 11 Years Most Time Online DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Magnum66

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2013, 06:56:59 pm »

Here's one for a future forum member, who has yet to register, but plans to do so.

Exisidiphobia

The fear of being blamed for 8 deaths, suffered by 8 players, during 8 separate DK streaming sessions, that invariably occur within 30 seconds of typing, "This is the one!" in the chat window.

All in good fun, Derrick.  I know you're sensitive to that self-perceived "jinx" factor.

Hahaha, that gave me a great laugh Scott. It really happens a lot of times like that ;) I'll get home, see Dave has a great game going. Mention about it and start watching. Then a few seconds later... death. It's a curse!

Offline stella_blue

• High Score Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2013, 10:57:50 pm »

I can't believe this one didn't occur to me until just now:

Coreyphobia

The fear of painstakingly updating the source links in the Donkey Kong High Score List, only to wake up the next morning and discover that all of them have been mysteriously redirected to the Allen Staal "Rage Compilation #4" video.

DK High Score 
  (L22-1)
DK Level 1-1 
DK No Hammer 
  (L15-2)

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2013, 04:36:53 am »

I can't believe this one didn't occur to me until just now:

Coreyphobia

The fear of painstakingly updating the source links in the Donkey Kong High Score List, only to wake up the next morning and discover that all of them have been mysteriously redirected to the Allen Staal "Rage Compilation #4" video.

Hmmmmmmmm.....      ;)
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

corey.chambers

« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2013, 02:44:30 pm »
HAHA. Very funny. That would be a bum deal, but luckily I know very well that only few can change my post, and that if it happened, that I would have them fix it!

By the way, I live in Michigan too. Maybe Shawn and Mike would like to meet up sometime?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 04:08:36 pm by corey.chambers »

Offline mikegmi2

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2013, 05:58:46 am »
I'm game...just have to find a DK machine somewhere between Bay City and the Metro Detroit area...
Donkey Kong - 1,076,000 (arcade, KS)
Member for 11 Years DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline stella_blue

• High Score Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2013, 04:57:17 pm »

Just one for now:

Xelniaphobia

The paralyzing fear that, at some future date, the members of the Young family will appear on the Donkey Kong High Score List in reverse alphabetical order.

DK High Score 
  (L22-1)
DK Level 1-1 
DK No Hammer 
  (L15-2)

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2013, 08:53:03 pm »

Just one for now:

Xelniaphobia

The paralyzing fear that, at some future date, the members of the Young family will appear on the Donkey Kong High Score List in reverse alphabetical order.

LOL

I need to get my sh*t together and play. I haven't put in any serious time for quite a few days!
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline alumbrada

• Awards
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2013, 09:35:02 pm »

Just one for now:

Xelniaphobia

Step 1: Beat Jeremy at Donkey Kong.
Step 2: ??????
Step 3: PROFIT!!!!
DK high score: 89,100
Member for 10 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline stella_blue

• High Score Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2013, 01:41:30 pm »

How about an alternate definition for our fireball whispering friend?

Vonophobia

The fear of getting a great deal on a new keyboard, only to discover that 3 critical keys are missing:

D   8   =

DK High Score 
  (L22-1)
DK Level 1-1 
DK No Hammer 
  (L15-2)