Author Topic: **Enter ZMICK**  (Read 6881 times)

Zmick_tricK

**Enter ZMICK**
« on: February 25, 2015, 08:01:04 pm »
Hello, friends!

I started streaming on Twitch just a few weeks ago and have already had around a dozen people tell me I should join this forum (special shout out to supergeekgamer, who's not only a fantastic DK player, but also a mod in my channel and a great person to learn from).

I'm a 30/m/usa who has always loved the classics- mostly games that came out before I was even born. On top of trying to up my game in Donkey Kong (my current PB is 113k, but I feel like I'm probably not too far away from a 200k game), I play Joust, Bubbles, Galaga and my favorite game of all time, Robotron:2084, on top of picking up new games here and there and dabbling in speedrunning.

Ultimately, I'd be more interested in adding a DK kill screen to my resume than a super high score, though I still find myself doing some point pressing when it's fairly safe to do so, you know, because it's just too tempting  8) Also, if I ever do get a kill screen, I might find myself motivated to start upping my scores from there... but... I'd have to get to that point first  :o

I definitely want to learn how to play better. I've yet to even master the later spring stages, even though I do sometimes succeed. As you all have experienced at one point, I have a whole heck of a lot to learn and I'm glad that others have paved the path before me to make this easier for me.

If you don't mind just a a little bit of self-promotion  <Billy>, I'm on Twitch at twitch.tv/Zmick_tricK. I admit to not being the best player at anything, but my aim is to play games that I find fun and to share that fun with whomever happens to come along. I have put a lot of work into making my stream look and sound as best as I can- so even if you can't stand watching weaker players, there's still a shot you'd like what you see. Or find me obnoxious and hate my guts, but I guess we must always take that risk when putting ourselves out there.

In the beginning, I'll likely be reading a lot more than I'll be posting, but you BEST BELIEVE I'll be hanging around. Especially in the summer, when I have a lot of time off.

See you all around. Stay awesome  <Roy>

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Re: **Enter ZMICK**
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 08:52:39 pm »
Well, welcome, welcome. We're glad to have you. 8)
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline Evunz

• Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 12:18:46 am »
Welcome to the forum Zmick_tricK.

You're a nice streamer ;)
I'm a french player http://www.twitch.tv/evunz
Member for 9 Years Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Adam_Mon

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2015, 01:58:51 am »
Welcome mate!  Kreygasm

Offline alumbrada

• Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2015, 02:02:18 am »
(special shout out to supergeekgamer, who's not only a fantastic DK player, but also a mod in my channel and a great person to learn from).

I think we all have learned something from him... Kappa

find me obnoxious and hate my guts

Don't worry, supergeekgamer has those bases covered around these parts!

You'll find that the top players here (some with way over 7 killscreens!) are not shy about watching newbies and giving tips. Welcome!
DK high score: 89,100
Member for 10 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Dk_madness

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2015, 05:04:35 am »
Welcome sir  <Allen>
Member for 11 Years DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK Masters - Rank D Winner of a community event DK 1M Point Scorer DKJR Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer Former DK No-Hammer World Record Holder DK Killscreener

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2015, 05:07:33 am »
Welcome!  Other than Joust, you like some great games :D

GL with your high score endeavors  <Mruczek>
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline tudose

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2015, 05:25:01 am »
welcome to the forum! unfortunately you wont see much of jason(supergeekgamer) on these forums as hes been banned for cheating(among other things). im glad you went ahead and signed up tho. good luck on your dk progress mate. anything you need just ask <Billy>
Member for 11 Years Former CK World Record Holder - MAME DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DK Masters - Rank D DKJR Killscreener DK 1.1M Point Scorer IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Blogger Winner of a community event DK Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder

Zmick_tricK

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2015, 06:00:18 am »
What?! I had no idea supergeek had such a dramatic backstory (I'm quite the noob). I guess I have some archives to read. :o He's been great to me so far, so Ill have to reserve my judgement until I get the scoop.

Thank you for the warm welcome. I recognize some of you from Twitch. Hope to see you around my parts and don't be too surprised if you start seeing my name pop up in your chat boxes :)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 06:03:21 am by Zmick_tricK »

Offline tudose

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2015, 06:45:35 am »
this image was taken during the time he called himself Lance Penner... http://i.imgur.com/O5qtV19.png

that was 7th different person hes pretended to be. one was even a woman called charlotte cole. honestly i dont even know if his real name is jason lol
Member for 11 Years Former CK World Record Holder - MAME DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DK Masters - Rank D DKJR Killscreener DK 1.1M Point Scorer IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Blogger Winner of a community event DK Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2015, 07:02:02 am »
I just want to point out that Dustin Penner, Shawn McEachern and Erik Cole are all current or former NHL players and JCB is from Canada.  According to hockey-reference.com there are no players that have ever made it to the NHL with the last name Brittain, so it might be legit.
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline johnbart

• Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2015, 07:39:41 am »
Don't go making this a Canadian thing.  Lots of Canadians are good people.  Look at Wayne Gretzky and Alex Trebek.

Welcome to the forums ZMick.
Member for 10 Years CAGTournaments.com Founder Blogger Twitch Streamer

Zmick_tricK

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2015, 07:55:34 am »
this image was taken during the time he called himself Lance Penner... http://i.imgur.com/O5qtV19.png

that was 7th different person hes pretended to be. one was even a woman called charlotte cole. honestly i dont even know if his real name is jason lol
Yeahhh... I didn't know about any of this and had no idea what controversy I was dragging up by mentioning his name.

I'm going to unmod him, but he'll still be welcome on my stream as I've yet to see any hint of this behavior around me. I hope that doesn't scare anyone away from visiting me on twitch. If you have personal issues with him, I would love for you to please consider using the Ignore function on him and dropping by to see me one day.

Also, Joust is an awesome game- curses to those who call upon its name in vain!

Offline f_symbols

• Spring Jumper
  • wht u mean
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2015, 03:55:31 pm »
welcome aboard mate! Don't get too worried about the past with Supergeek, you are not him :D .  But seriously, glad you signed up, and we are always here to help, keep going good.

Finally, I would like to add this (for the other members):

Zmick has some SERIOUS skill when it comes to stream layouts and making things look good.  Without intending to offend anyone here, his stream quality is leaps and bounds above the rest of us; if you ever had a desire to learn more about making your stream ill, then look no further, Zmick could help. Kreygasm
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Winner of a community event Former DK Remix World Record Holder DK Remix Killscreener IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Zmick_tricK

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2015, 04:44:15 pm »
Zmick has some SERIOUS skill when it comes to stream layouts and making things look good.  Without intending to offend anyone here, his stream quality is leaps and bounds above the rest of us; if you ever had a desire to learn more about making your stream ill, then look no further, Zmick could help. Kreygasm
THANKS for the plug, f_symbols. I just think to myself "what will make this look COOL?" and then do that. Really, I've only been on twitch for something like 2 months now, but have spent significantly more time assembling the bells and whistles of my stream than I actually have playing live games.

Today, I put the final touches on my new Robotron layout (for now, anyway, I want to make some adjustments to the corners of the borders, but that's probably going to take some quality time to perfect). The highlight of the whole page is that I took monitor captures of the top and side borders of the game and placed them as a frame around my webcam feed. What you end up with is that the border around my webcam is the exact same color as the border that surrounds the Robotron playing field- which is, IMO, really, really COOL since the border color changes every wave and you can see it change around the webcam to match. :) :) :)

Soon, I'll be putting a Bubbles layout together where the frame around my webcam frame looks like the Bubbles sink and will have a continuous drip overlaying into the webcam frame from the faucet. This will be best done with gifs instead of monitor captures.

My big fear, as I've mentioned on my stream several times, is that eventually everyone will copy my ideas and no one will remember that it was me who started it all :D :D :D