Author Topic: Mario Bros Online Open #2  (Read 20901 times)

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
Re: Mario Bros Online Open #2
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2015, 04:42:19 am »
I can get a few games in no problem. No point if only a few of us can, though.

I'd be for postponement so it doesn't clash with other events.

MB is a game I'd love to learn and it would feel like a cruel injustice only having a handful of games for an event with great potential.
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline ripper

• Twitch Webpage
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2015, 05:15:11 am »
After this tournament I would love to wait a couple months and then have a doubles (co-op) tournament to spark interest there as well.  MAMEHub seems to be working better but of course you will still have problems here or there with someone's internet dropping or someone simply losing connection with the server.  It happens but doubles are also shorter games and you can play multiple games in a day or over the weekend. 

Not only could you have a doubles co-op competition but you could also have a doubles Vs. competition too, meaning P1 & P2 are against each other.  Best of 3 goes on to the next round using a bracket system?  We could also do the same thing with a bracket system playing co-op.  Another thought is to get everybody up to par using MAMEHUB and then draw names and create teams that way.  So many options and varieties with this title.  MB's was just the greatest game ever made IMO and the only people who will realize this are the ones who actually take the time to play it and get good at it.   8)

Offline tilt

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Repair man of DKF
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2015, 10:17:41 am »
After this tournament I would love to wait a couple months and then have a doubles (co-op) tournament to spark interest there as well.  MAMEHub seems to be working better but of course you will still have problems here or there with someone's internet dropping or someone simply losing connection with the server.  It happens but doubles are also shorter games and you can play multiple games in a day or over the weekend. 

Not only could you have a doubles co-op competition but you could also have a doubles Vs. competition too, meaning P1 & P2 are against each other.  Best of 3 goes on to the next round using a bracket system?  We could also do the same thing with a bracket system playing co-op.  Another thought is to get everybody up to par using MAMEHUB and then draw names and create teams that way.  So many options and varieties with this title.  MB's was just the greatest game ever made IMO and the only people who will realize this are the ones who actually take the time to play it and get good at it.   8)
I totally agree with this.  Online Mario Bros has always appealed to me but I just have never found others to play it with.  I would be up for this Kreygasm
My stream is currently (http://www.twitch.tv/expandedidea/)
PB(s):
Donkey Kong: 1,116,400 (KS)
Donkey kong Hard roms(prev. world record): 914,200
Crazy Kong: 513,700 (KS)
Member for 9 Years DK 1.1M Point Scorer snek DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline ripper

• Twitch Webpage
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2015, 10:52:25 am »

I totally agree with this.  Online Mario Bros has always appealed to me but I just have never found others to play it with.  I would be up for this Kreygasm

This is what you need to get setup and running and I'm sure someone on here will team up with you.   

http://www.mamehub.info/

Donkey Kong Genius

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2015, 03:38:32 pm »
The time of the tournament was posted a couple months ago and about a week or two before I made posts reminding of the date. I am unfamiliar with what else might be going on but if people would like an extension I will approve anything that Steve would propose.

Donkey Kong Genius

« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2015, 03:43:37 pm »
If people think it better to cancel the event, then I can do that as well. It is ok either way. I set the four days and if people want to play during that time then that is great. Register and I will add you to the streaming page, submit a score and I will keep track of it. Thanks guys.

Donkey Kong Genius

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2015, 05:41:40 pm »
We could also do the following: 1) Allow any scores that may be submitted till the end of the original end time, 2) Allow 4 days, Thursday evening 16th through Monday night the 20th. That way we can just do it next week, keep any scores that are done now and use this conversation as the promotional. Let me know if this is acceptable, seems reasonable to me.

Donkey Kong Genius

« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2015, 10:50:21 pm »
How about this? I received one score submission which I will allow to remain on the scoreboard. Let's push the second segment of this tournament to Thursday April 30th till May 4th. That way we can have it after Eric is done with his DK tournament. Does this sound acceptable to everyone? If so, then registration is still open until the start of the second segment. This will actually give me some time to finish up my Adventures in Lolo project.

Offline ChrisP

• Spring Jumper
  • I'm going to jump next to your leg.
    • Donkey Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2015, 11:06:41 pm »
I think that sounds fabulous.

Let's give this a little more room, I think it deserves it.  :)

IMO, and maybe this isn't the best thread to make this point, but I really think that there are simply too many CAG tournaments (both live and online) happening nowadays. Tournaments have been running solid since 2015 began. That's good in some ways, bad in others, but I think the player base is overwhelmed.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 11:09:08 pm by ChrisP »
http://donkeykongblog.blogspot.com

4 Quarters :-* - 800K Avg. Per Qtr. :o - No Restarts 8) - No Proof :'(

7/26/2013   Coin 35,946   710,800   18-1
7/28/2013   Coin 35,947   903,700   22-1
8/16/2013   Coin 35,948   694,100   17-6
8/17/2013   Coin 35,949   893,100   22-1

3,201,700: the $1 World Record?
Member for 11 Years DKJR Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D Blogger Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener

Offline maximumsteve

• Elite Member
  • Mario Bros. Arcade World Record Holder.
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2015, 08:22:28 am »
I'm down! I want to put up a better score than the one game I played anyways. Cheers.  <Walter>
Member for 10 Years DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Donkey Kong Genius

« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2015, 08:31:49 pm »
A reminder that the Mario Bros Tournament will run from Thursday April 30th till May 4th. Thanks.

Donkey Kong Genius

« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2015, 02:30:33 pm »
A reminder that Segment #2 of the Mario Bros Tournament starts tomorrow April 30th, 2015 6:00 PM Pacific time and will run till May 4th, 2015 9:00 PM Pacific time.

Offline maximumsteve

• Elite Member
  • Mario Bros. Arcade World Record Holder.
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2015, 04:40:27 am »
This starts up again now through May  4th. Let's see some scores put up!!...http://wiki.donkeykonggenius.com/Mario_Bros
 Kappa Kreygasm
Member for 10 Years DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline tessler1134

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2015, 05:58:43 pm »
I just submitted my crappy score of 156,300!! LOL.
Eric Tessler

DK personal best arcade: 966,000 (kill screen, 133 minutes)
DK arcade, KO 2: 900,500 (kill screen, 113 minutes)
DK arcade no hammer: 369,000
Crazy Kong arcade kill screen: 562,000
DK 3 arcade: hard: 1,111,600; easy: 1,640,000
Member for 11 Years DK Killscreener

Offline jumpman

• Awards
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2015, 10:21:14 pm »
My best crappy score to submit tonight is 109k. I was hoping for 150-160.
DK Arcade 606,200
Zookeeper 750k

http://www.twitch.tv/shigerumiyamoto
Member for 10 Years Twitch Streamer