Author Topic: Mario Bros Online Open #2  (Read 20935 times)

Donkey Kong Genius

Mario Bros Online Open #2
« on: February 02, 2015, 05:09:14 pm »
Mario Bros Online Open is sponsored by the Mario Bros Wiki. This tournament is the second in a series of tournaments hosted by the Donkey Kong Wiki. The Mario Bros Online Open was fun and we had some great prizes. Hopefully this second one will be bigger and better. Fun either way. Enjoy, and how to have you participate.

Welcome to the Mario Bros Tournament!!! With POW Variation.
Segment #1:
Start Time: April 10th, 2015 6:00 PM Pacific Time (6 pm start to accommodate east coast players)
End Time: April 13th, 2015 9:00 PM Pacific time

Segment #2
Start Time:  April 30th, 2015 6:00 PM Pacific Time (6 pm start to accommodate east coast players)
End Time: May 4th, 2015 9:00 PM Pacific time
Entry Fee: FREE!

Prizes: None

There are no prizes presently unless someone wishes to put up bounties, etc.

IMPORTANT: The rules for the contest are laid out below. Please read through all of the rules carefully. Corey Chambers and Ethan Daniels have the right to immediately reject any score submission if these rules are not followed as outlined below. ***NO EXCEPTIONS***

Registration
- Any contestant may register for this contest, it is open to any person on this planet that plays Classic Arcade Games no matter what your skill level may be!!!
- All registrations must be received prior to the start time of the competition.
- In order to register, simply click on the following link and submit your information: http://www.donkeykonggenius.com/Tournaments/registration.php

Stream Setup
- All contestants are required to stream their games on twitch.tv or hitbox. (NO EXCEPTIONS FOR ANY REASON).
- Contestants are solely responsible for setting up their stream.  Corey Chambers and Ethan Daniels will not be involved in any contestant’s stream setup for any reason.
- Contestants may enlist the help of anyone except Corey Chambers and Ethan Daniels to setup their stream.
- Contestant’s stream quality must be sharp enough to read the level and score at a glance (as well as the rest of the game play).  If there is ANY question of score and level due to bad quality stream, that submission will be rejected, instantly, with no exceptions. We suggest that you test your streams and check them from time to time to make sure they are working correctly.
- Streams which are partial, glitchy, edited or manipulated in any way will be rejected.
- Streams must have sound enabled. We must be able to hear the contestants voice and the game sounds.
- Streams must be available for review on the contestants registered streaming channel.  If for ANY reason the stream is not available for review on the contestant’s registered streaming channel, the submission will be rejected.  NO EXCEPTIONS.

Game Submissions
- In order to submit a score, simply click on the following link: http://www.donkeykonggenius.com/Tournaments/scoresubmission.php
- Contestant is solely responsible for submitting their own scores.
- Mario Bros arcade, Jamma, or Mario Bros MAME (Mario Bros. (US, Unknown Rev or G)) can both be used for score submissions (must use TG settings of 3 lives, Medium settings, and a bonus life at 20,000 points).
- Since MAME .120 and .121 the dip switches for difficulty are accurate. In previous versions difficulty Medium and Hard were reversed. So in .106 when you play on Medium, you're actually playing on Hard. Therefore, if you want to play on the standard Medium Settings, make sure it is set to hard for these previous versions. If you are unclear about this at all, then please ask.
- Those playing Arcade will have all the dip switches set to off, except the 8th and final switch is set to on, in the up position.
- Score submissions can be for any non-zero score.
- At the start of EACH new stream, contestant must state their full name (you no longer have to state your name before every single game).
- The entire game must be played only by the registered contestant who is identified at the beginning of the game.
- Bounties - if applicable.
   * Contestant is solely responsible for specifying which bounty they want to claim when they submit a score.
   * A contestant can only be paid for a maximum of 1 bounty for any one contest.
   * If a submitted game qualifies for more than 1 bounty, the contestant is solely responsible for specifying which bounty they are claiming and they can only claim a single bounty (and the refs will consider only the specified bounty for the score submission).
   * If a contestant tries to claim a bounty however is not awarded that bounty for some reason (i.e., they were incorrect about the bounty or another contestant's score submission invalidates their bounty claim), the contestant may try to claim another bounty on one of their next score submissions.
   * Bounties are considered in the order in which the score submissions are received.
   * Please remember that the bounty system was introduced for fun and to spread around some extra money to the contestants. Any disputes over the bounties will be settled accordingly by Corey/Ethan.
- Corey and Ethan will be validating all scores and reserve the right to reject any score for any reason.
- Games started before the official contest start time (no matter how close to the official contest start time) will not be eligible.
- Games started after the official contest end time (no matter how close to the official contest end time) will not be eligible.
- Last game can be started any time before the official contest end time (no matter how close to the official contest end time).
- Scores can be submitted up until 8 hours past the official contest end time.

Prize Payouts- if applicable.
- Prize money will be issued in the exact amount stated, ONLY to the registered contestant.
- Prize money will be sent via PayPal or sent via U.S. post in the form of a registered money order, or check ONLY to the registered contestant.
- If the contestant rejects the prize acceptance guidelines, listed above, or chooses not to accept the prize, that prize will be dropped.

Closing Remarks
- Please remember, at the end of the day, this is for fun. Anyone who does not follow the rules, cheats, etc, will be removed from the contest, and possibly banded from all future contests.
- These guidelines can be changed at any time by Corey and Ethan.
- Get practicing and good luck to all contestants
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 08:33:39 pm by Donkey Kong Genius »

Donkey Kong Genius

Re: Mario Bros Online Open #2
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 09:28:29 pm »
There is one month before the Mario Bros Online Open #2 and wanted to bump the thread a few times before then. We have about 4 or 5 signed up presently. Hope to see you playing a little mario bros very soon! :D

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 12:03:21 am »
Registered.
Had fun playing MB in the yolympics and would like to push my score up over 500k
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 Have a score on every DK3 track DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener Winner of a community event IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Evunz

• Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2015, 02:34:50 am »
I had not paid attention to the topic <gasp>

I signed up, although my level is low here...
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 04:20:49 am by Evunz »
I'm a french player http://www.twitch.tv/evunz
Member for 9 Years Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2015, 07:12:35 am »
Will there ever be a Donkey Kong Junior tourney in the works? I bet despite the haters it would actually be a bigger turn out than a Mario Bros. open.
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Have a score on every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline Jonesy

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2015, 07:29:05 am »
I was hoping to be in this one, I recently purchased an MB wide body but then sold it three weeks later FailFish

Would also like to see some DK Junior action!  Kreygasm
Member for 11 Years DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2015, 08:32:59 am »
I was hoping to be in this one, I recently purchased an MB wide body but then sold it three weeks later FailFish

Wda????
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 Have a score on every DK3 track DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener Winner of a community event IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Jonesy

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2015, 10:54:03 am »

Wda????

Barra mate! How's it?

Yep, unfortunately ' normal ' life had other ideas and needed the cash for other stuff. Bit gutted but hey ho....still got me DK!  <Wiebe>

Member for 11 Years DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline Evunz

• Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2015, 02:18:31 am »
Hi guys

I have not yet seen any retransmissions twitch...

The tournament is still active?

I stream from 13:30 pm (French time) for me.
I'm a french player http://www.twitch.tv/evunz
Member for 9 Years Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2015, 02:28:26 am »
Haha...wow. gg Corey's tournament.  ROFL
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline f_symbols

• Spring Jumper
  • wht u mean
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2015, 09:49:12 am »
Hi guys

Hi Evunz,

I have a strong suspicion that family life got in the way of things and the multi-stream has become an oversight.  I would go ahead and submit your scores anyway (may as well).  There's a lot of other tournaments going on right now, and we didn't necessarily do a good job of "bumping" this event, so turnout may be even lower than last time.  :/

Anyway, sorry about how things are playing out here Evunz, and thanks for your willing participation.

Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Winner of a community event Former DK Remix World Record Holder DK Remix Killscreener IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Donkey Kong Genius

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2015, 08:45:30 pm »
Hi guys

Evunz, thanks for the post. I have unfortunately been away from a computer for about 3 days or so, and had some unexpectant things occur that may even prevent me from playing in the next day or two. I have updated the Tournament page and allowed the streams from the previous tournament. Have fun and post your scores.

Offline ripper

• Twitch Webpage
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2015, 05:25:30 am »
I just found out about this just now so I very well may not be involved.  Maybe I'll play one game or two but I'm not sure.  There wasn't any notice I heard about in advance. 

Offline ChrisP

• Spring Jumper
  • I'm going to jump next to your leg.
    • Donkey Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2015, 10:58:39 pm »
I don't think I'm going to be able to play either.

I don't think it would be the worst idea to just cancel the event and postpone it until later, when less is going on.  :)
http://donkeykongblog.blogspot.com

4 Quarters :-* - 800K Avg. Per Qtr. :o - No Restarts 8) - No Proof :'(

7/26/2013   Coin 35,946   710,800   18-1
7/28/2013   Coin 35,947   903,700   22-1
8/16/2013   Coin 35,948   694,100   17-6
8/17/2013   Coin 35,949   893,100   22-1

3,201,700: the $1 World Record?
Member for 11 Years DKJR Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener

Offline maximumsteve

• Elite Member
  • Mario Bros. Arcade World Record Holder.
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2015, 01:18:46 am »
As the ambassador for this game, I also lost sight of when this second installment was going to be. I will be more than happy to promote and spread the word about this series in the future, and despite the lack of build up or follow through for this one, I will try to stream and get a legitimate game in tonight before the cutoff if at all possible. I've been very busy with work too, but  can probably start one game at 10:30-11:00 EST tonight which would be in the window still according to the Wiki Page, which has an ending of 9:00 pm PST, which is midnight EST to get a start in by I would imagine. Ethan, Ben, Ross, Stephen, Evunz, Perry Rodgers, Barra(Andayyy!!) Chris,Corey and whoever else I left out that I know is a pseudo regular Mario Bros. player!!.... Let's do a last minute revival of this installment of the series and all try to get a game in by the end of tonight. Hit it back here, with the word (present) for the roll call, lol.
Cheers, Maximumsteve  FailFish Kreygasm
Member for 10 Years DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer