Author Topic: Mario Bros Online Open #1 for 2015 ***FINAL*** Results  (Read 6614 times)

Donkey Kong Genius

Mario Bros Online Open #1 for 2015 ***FINAL*** Results
« on: January 18, 2015, 10:09:48 pm »
Corey Chambers and Ethan Daniels would like to thank everyone for participating! Here are the prize money winners!!! We had 15 registered players and 9 of those players submitted scores.

PRIZE MONEY WINNERS: For those of you who won prize money and donated, please contact each other via the forum or facebook and let each other know the best way to pay you your prize money (paypal, check, etc).

Winner will be put on a cover of Arcade Culture Magazine. 
$80 for 1st (Contributors: $40 Dan, $40 John Bart)
$30 for 2nd (Contributors: $20 Dan, $10 John Bart)
$10 mystery bounty (Contributor: $10 Dan)
$10 mystery bounty (Contributor: $10 John Bart)

Top 2 Winners
1. Stephen Boyer 2,932,420    $80
2. Steven Kleisath 2,902,810   $30

Stephen and Steve have agreed to split all the first and second prize winnings. Both would like to be on the cover of Arcade Culture Magazine. I can forward $25 each per John Bart, Dan, would you be willing to send $30 to each?

Bounty Winners
- Mystery bounty #1, 3rd place: Perry Rodgers: $10
- Mystery bounty #2, 5th place: Johnny Bonde: $10

I will pay Bart's forward to Perry, Dan could you get Johnny?

Used RNG at http://www.mathgoodies.com/

Tournament Scoreboard - FINAL Updated 12:00 PM 1/19/2015

1. Stephen Boyer 2,932,420
2. Steven Kleisath 2,902,810
3. Perry Rodgers 1,142,280
4. Corey Chambers 767,980
5. Johnny Bonde 232,550
6. John Bartkiw 121,670
7. Ethan Daniels 88,910
8. Chris Psaros 84,110
9. Jeremy Young 73,890

Mario Bros Online Open #2 will be held on April 10th thru April 13th (Friday thru Monday, 4 days). Registration will open up around Feb 1st.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 03:09:08 pm by Donkey Kong Genius »

RetroPER

Re: Mario Bros Online Open #1 for 2015 ***FINAL*** Results
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2015, 11:49:31 pm »
Thanks to Corey and Ethan for hosting, and to John and Dan for their generosity with extra cash incentives!  And of course Congrats to Steve and Stephen - Domination!  Hope to give you some better comp in April :-)  Maybe Tom, Ben, Ross, and George will join the fun next time too.  And hope to see Johnny, Chris, and Jeremy back too...the more, the Marioer.

Offline ChrisP

• Spring Jumper
  • I'm going to jump next to your leg.
    • Donkey Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2015, 01:25:21 am »
Thanks for setting this up!

As it turned out, I only got about an hour or so of play time, on Friday night. (That was a fun stream though.)

I was planning to play Saturday night, but a little home repair emergency came up right around then and I had to deal with that, then I was busy all today, finally ready to play during the last hour, then had stream-killing Internet problems. Oh well.

Still not so sure if I like this game. But I'll crack 100K next time. :)
http://donkeykongblog.blogspot.com

4 Quarters :-* - 800K Avg. Per Qtr. :o - No Restarts 8) - No Proof :'(

7/26/2013   Coin 35,946   710,800   18-1
7/28/2013   Coin 35,947   903,700   22-1
8/16/2013   Coin 35,948   694,100   17-6
8/17/2013   Coin 35,949   893,100   22-1

3,201,700: the $1 World Record?
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D DKJR Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener

Offline Jonesy

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2015, 02:46:04 am »
This was a cool tourney Kreygasm and watched way too much!

Love this game! I had a Wide body and sold it a couple of years ago, currently in the process of negotiating a deal to grab it back!

Love it!!
Member for 11 Years DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline ripper

• Twitch Webpage
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2015, 04:18:45 am »

Love this game! I had a Wide body and sold it a couple of years ago, currently in the process of negotiating a deal to grab it back!

Love it!!

I remember about 7 years ago I had a chance to get a widebody for like $325.00 but at the time I only had a DK and didn't know if I even wanted another game or not.  I've regretted that decision for 7 years.  :-(  However, a widebody really is nice IF you want to play doubles.   If you are just going to play single player then the conversion works just fine.  I think the widebody is only like 1.5 inches wider anyway?

Thanks Corey for putting this on!  I know Steven only played one game or he would have put up a bigger score than he had.  I also know I can put up a bigger score as well.  It certainly would be nice to have more people join the tournament too!  And for the guys putting up the smaller scores... thanks for playing!  Seriously, this helps put this game on the map and it's good to see more people involved.  Thanks!   ;)

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2015, 04:28:07 am »
Well done to everybody and props to everyone who contributed and participated. I feel like a complete moron for not playing, it just slipped my mind all weekend. I also thought it went on longer, a-la Eric Tessler :D
I'll definitely make time if there's another one

<3 it
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Jonesy

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2015, 05:03:36 am »

Love it!!

I remember about 7 years ago I had a chance to get a widebody for like $325.00 but at the time I only had a DK and didn't know if I even wanted another game or not.  I've regretted that decision for 7 years.  :-(  However, a widebody really is nice IF you want to play doubles.   If you are just going to play single player then the conversion works just fine.  I think the widebody is only like 1.5 inches wider anyway?

Wow! Cabs are expensive in the UK in comparison, that was a great deal. I grabbed mine from Germany, but had too much going on at the time and sold it to a guy in London along with a Q-bert and Dig Dug. Sure, the wide body is only wider by a small margin but just enough to stop it going through a standard doorway over here! :D

I hope to play in the next one also
Member for 11 Years DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline maximumsteve

• Elite Member
  • Mario Bros. Arcade World Record Holder.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2015, 06:29:52 am »
Thanks so much for everyone who participated!! Cant wait for the next one, and together with Corey, I will definitely look to get the word out as an ambassador of this game now! I love this game and wish I could have gotten more tries in over the weekend, but was glad to kick off the tourny, in essence on friday night with a good score. It was also great to see Ethan and others joining in on the fun. Barra.. You have to participate in the next one! As for the prize money, whoever is in charge of that please hit me up on facebook, and again thanks for offering those incentives to spice up the tournament a little bit, as well as the bounties. It is imperative that the former ambassador, Tom Votava, along with Ben Falls, Ross, and Chris Mansfield participate in the next Mario Open!! I am calling you guys out to join up next time!! Cheers... <Pigger> <Allen> FailFish Kappa Kreygasm <Tim> <YSG> <Billy> <Kuh> <Roy> <Wiebe> <Walter> <pacman> <blinky> BibleThump <Sanders> <Mruczek>
Member for 10 Years DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline ripper

• Twitch Webpage
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2015, 06:37:10 am »
I also might add that Steven and I are going to continue to work with MAMEHub in order to get this program working as good as possible with the hope of having a doubles competition one day this year.  Either from one of these tournaments or streamed live on Twingalaxies for the Mario Off 3.    <stirpot>

Offline danman123456

• Spring Jumper
    • Twitch TV Stream
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2015, 05:49:55 pm »
I'll be doing the mystery bounty on my stream and if I can get paypal info send the $$$

Great job all.
DK High : 1,059,700 (Lvl 22-1 KS!);
DK KS Speedrun : 1 Hr 16 Min 40 Sec - World Record!
DK Lvl 1 - 1: 12,400
Fix-It Felix Jr - 297,000 (World Record)
Fix-IT Felix Jr 1 Hour Limit - 177,000
Fix-It Felix Jr KS Speedrun - 1h33
Member for 11 Years DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger

Offline johnbart

• Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2015, 06:39:54 pm »
Thanks a lot for running the event.  I'm sorry I didn't get to play much but I totally forgot that my wife was going to be out of town this weekend leaving me in charge as the lone parent.  Glad I got to put up a score even though it was a lame one.  The next event will only be bigger and better!
Member for 10 Years CAGTournaments.com Founder Blogger Twitch Streamer