Author Topic: Robbie Lakeman ... Thanks!  (Read 2102 times)

Offline BillyGaines

• L=22
    • Awards
Robbie Lakeman ... Thanks!
« on: December 12, 2014, 05:21:50 pm »
Last Saturday night Robbie Lakeman was nice enough to give me lessons on Donkey Kong while running boards to a kill screen at Starfighter's Arcade in Mesa, AZ.  Robbie was very kind answering all my questions and offering tips.  He is not only the best Donkey Kong player in the world,  he's a great guy as well.  I can't wait to meet many of the other players on this forum.  I doubt my skill set will ever land me a spot at the Kong Off, but I'm fine with that.  Someone has to be in the cheering section. 
"If at first you don't succeed then maybe you just suck." - Kenny Powers
Member for 10 Years DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline danman123456

• Spring Jumper
    • Twitch TV Stream
    • Awards
Re: Robbie Lakeman ... Thanks!
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2014, 01:27:41 pm »
Welcome sir!  BibleThump
DK High : 1,059,700 (Lvl 22-1 KS!);
DK KS Speedrun : 1 Hr 16 Min 40 Sec - World Record!
DK Lvl 1 - 1: 12,400
Fix-It Felix Jr - 297,000 (World Record)
Fix-IT Felix Jr 1 Hour Limit - 177,000
Fix-It Felix Jr KS Speedrun - 1h33
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer Winner of a community event IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger

lakeman421

Re: Robbie Lakeman ... Thanks!
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2014, 01:50:48 pm »
Last Saturday night Robbie Lakeman was nice enough to give me lessons on Donkey Kong while running boards to a kill screen at Starfighter's Arcade in Mesa, AZ.  Robbie was very kind answering all my questions and offering tips.  He is not only the best Donkey Kong player in the world,  he's a great guy as well.  I can't wait to meet many of the other players on this forum.  I doubt my skill set will ever land me a spot at the Kong Off, but I'm fine with that.  Someone has to be in the cheering section.

It was great meeting you as well.  Im glad I could come out Starfighter's was a cool place and I hope to come back again soon.  Feel free to post any questions about strategies on here.  We are all willing to help.  Good luck with your game and I will catch you again sometime.