Author Topic: DKG Presents Mario Bros Online Open  (Read 25739 times)

Offline ripper

• Twitch Webpage
    • Awards
Re: DKG Presents Mario Bros Online Open
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2014, 04:45:34 am »
We played a game of MB's on MAMEHub last night and it had a upgrade to the system as soon as we started it up.  The game started up and played really well until we got over 800K.  At that time, the game went into a major slow down for like 4 seconds and then sped up real fast for 4 seconds while trying to catch up, killing off Steven's last man.  I still had all 4 of my men.   <Allen>

Install this today and get started guys!!

Port Forwarding:  It just involves getting your IP address and adding it to your router software to make the MAMEHub port open. 

Offline johnbart

• Awards
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2014, 08:43:14 am »
Ok I've got this all setup and running on my Mame machine.  Which rom is the accepted one?
Member for 10 Years CAGTournaments.com Founder Blogger Twitch Streamer

Donkey Kong Genius

« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2014, 10:25:55 am »
Mario Bros (US, Unknown Rev). Just tried it myself, about a second delay between hitting jump and the actual animation. :(

Offline ripper

• Twitch Webpage
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2014, 10:38:35 am »
Mario Bros (US, Unknown Rev). Just tried it myself, about a second delay between hitting jump and the actual animation. :(

It's not going to be the same as the arcade but it's good enough.  There is also a file you can edit to make the response quicker.  I'll have to give this to you later when I'm at my home computer.

Donkey Kong Genius

« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2014, 11:20:45 am »
We just played a 300k game off hand, we will play some more, but I wanted to verify if we are using Hard or Medium for this emulator?

Offline ripper

• Twitch Webpage
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2014, 11:40:35 am »
Medium as it's mame 154 or so which has the dips fixed.  This video can help as well.   :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lo1ENNUEWHM

Offline johnbart

• Awards
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2014, 12:33:36 pm »
The lag between your actions and them actually happening in game is noticeable but I think it's manageable.  I'm amazed that it works as well as it does.  I think for practicing doubles it more than does the job.

Offline ripper

• Twitch Webpage
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2014, 04:42:30 pm »
The lag between your actions and them actually happening in game is noticeable but I think it's manageable.  I'm amazed that it works as well as it does.  I think for practicing doubles it more than does the job.

Believe me, there have been issues with it but it does work.  We have had games where we are at 500K and nobody has lost a man and then it does something called a lag delay and more or less our game is over.  It's something where one or both of us picks up this bug where you try to go left or right or jump and it does it 2 seconds later.  No way to play that way. 

Offline johnbart

• Awards
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2014, 05:27:11 pm »
Do save states work?  The reality is that for practice what you'd really want to do is just run loops at max difficulty and not really worry about the final score or the early boards.  If you ran into a game killing bug ever third loop you would still get some good practice in fpr when you could play together in person.

Offline ripper

• Twitch Webpage
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2014, 04:31:17 am »
I thought about save states and tried it but I think it only works on one PC and not both.  You can certainly try it and let us know what happens.

Donkey Kong Genius

« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2015, 12:22:15 am »
The Mario Bros Online Open begins in two weeks on 1/16/2015. 12 players already registered! Be sure to register. Also, during the tournament, only those who are registered for the tournament will be shown on the streaming page. In other words, if you visit this streaming page during the tournament only Mario Bros games will be there. It will be exclusively for the purpose of the tournament. No need to refresh either. As people go offline and go live the streaming page will refresh every 60 seconds automatically cleaning up newly offline streams and adding the newly online. Registration is a good way for me to track streams and get them added in time. http://www.donkeykonggenius.com/DKG-Streaming/Tournament/

- In order to register, simply click on the following link and submit your information: http://www.donkeykonggenius.com/Tournaments/registration.php
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 12:25:56 am by Donkey Kong Genius »

Donkey Kong Genius

« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2015, 01:24:23 pm »
I hope that everyone enjoys the Donkey Kong Open this weekend. Just a friendly reminder that next Friday we will begin the Mario Bros Online Open. Hope to see you there as well. Good luck everyone!

Donkey Kong Genius

« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2015, 12:15:13 pm »
The Mario Bros Online Open begins tomorrow (Friday 1/16/2015) at 6pm Pacific time/9pm Eastern time.

13 players already registered! Be sure to register if you would like to be eligible for prizes.
- In order to register, simply click on the following link and submit your information: http://www.donkeykonggenius.com/Tournaments/registration.php

Also, during the tournament, only those who are registered for the tournament will be shown on the streaming page. In other words, if you visit this streaming page during the tournament only Mario Bros games will be there. It will be exclusively for the purpose of the tournament. No need to refresh either. As people go offline and go live the streaming page will refresh every 60 seconds automatically cleaning up newly offline streams and adding the newly online. It is also anonymous until you log into one of the chat rooms optional on the right. Registration is a good way for me to track streams and get them added in time, etc: http://www.donkeykonggenius.com/DKG-Streaming/Tournament/

SPECIAL NOTE: If you are not familiar with settings on MAME as it pertains to Mario Bros be sure to adhere to the following:
- Mario Bros arcade, Jamma, or Mario Bros MAME (Mario Bros. (US, Unknown Rev or G)) can both be used for score submissions (must use TG settings of 3 lives, Medium settings, and a bonus life at 20,000 points).
- Since MAME .120 and .121 the dip switches for difficulty are accurate. In previous versions difficulty Medium and Hard were reversed. So in .106 when you play on Medium, you're actually playing on Hard. Therefore, if you want to play on the standard Medium Settings, make sure it is set to hard for these previous versions. If you are unclear about this at all, then please ask.

Good luck to everyone and have fun!

Offline f_symbols

• Spring Jumper
  • wht u mean
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2015, 04:51:39 pm »
Kreygasm Looking forward to last place Kreygasm
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Winner of a community event Former DK Remix World Record Holder DK Remix Killscreener IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline f_symbols

• Spring Jumper
  • wht u mean
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2015, 12:56:27 pm »
Corey, do you know if the default RU settings are the same as for the event? I planned to play on RU.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Winner of a community event Former DK Remix World Record Holder DK Remix Killscreener IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer