Author Topic: DKG Presents Mario Bros Online Open  (Read 25729 times)

Donkey Kong Genius

DKG Presents Mario Bros Online Open
« on: December 07, 2014, 12:15:41 pm »
Mario Bros Online Open is sponsored by the Mario Bros Wiki. This tournament is the first in a series of tournaments hosted by the Donkey Kong Wiki which may develop into a Mario Bros League, or may also include other titles such as Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Junior, Donkey Kong 3, etc through out the year for a DKG Gaming League. Pending participation and interest.

Welcome to the WITH POW Mario Bros Tournament!!!

Start Time: January 16, 2015 6:00 PM Pacific Time (6 pm start to accommodate east coast players)
End Time: January 18, 2015 9:00 PM Pacific time
Entry Fee: FREE!

Prizes:

Winner will be put on a cover of Arcade Culture Magazine. 
$80 for 1st (Contributors: $40 Dan, $40 John Bart)
$30 for 2nd (Contributors: $20 Dan, $10 John Bart)
$10 mystery bounty (Contributor: $10 Dan)
$10 mystery bounty (Contributor: $10 John Bart)

There are no other prizes presently unless someone wishes to put up bounties, etc.

IMPORTANT: The rules for the contest are laid out below. Please read through all of the rules carefully. Corey Chambers and Ethan Daniels have the right to immediately reject any score submission if these rules are not followed as outlined below. ***NO EXCEPTIONS***

Registration
- Any contestant may register for this contest, it is open to any person on this planet that plays Classic Arcade Games no matter what your skill level may be!!!
- All registrations must be received prior to the start time of the competition.
- In order to register, simply click on the following link and submit your information: http://www.donkeykonggenius.com/Tournaments/registration.php

Stream Setup
- All contestants are required to stream their games on twitch.tv or hitbox. (NO EXCEPTIONS FOR ANY REASON).
- Contestants are solely responsible for setting up their stream.  Corey Chambers and Ethan Daniels will not be involved in any contestant’s stream setup for any reason.
- Contestants may enlist the help of anyone except Corey Chambers and Ethan Daniels to setup their stream.
- Contestant’s stream quality must be sharp enough to read the level and score at a glance (as well as the rest of the game play).  If there is ANY question of score and level due to bad quality stream, that submission will be rejected, instantly, with no exceptions. We suggest that you test your streams and check them from time to time to make sure they are working correctly.
- Streams which are partial, glitchy, edited or manipulated in any way will be rejected.
- Streams must have sound enabled. We must be able to hear the contestants voice and the game sounds.
- Streams must be available for review on the contestants registered streaming channel.  If for ANY reason the stream is not available for review on the contestant’s registered streaming channel, the submission will be rejected.  NO EXCEPTIONS.

Game Submissions
- In order to submit a score, simply click on the following link: http://www.donkeykonggenius.com/Tournaments/scoresubmission.php
- Contestant is solely responsible for submitting their own scores.
- Mario Bros arcade, Jamma, or Mario Bros MAME (Mario Bros. (US, Unknown Rev or G)) can both be used for score submissions (must use TG settings of 3 lives, Medium settings, and a bonus life at 20,000 points).
- Since MAME .120 and .121 the dip switches for difficulty are accurate. In previous versions difficulty Medium and Hard were reversed. So in .106 when you play on Medium, you're actually playing on Hard. Therefore, if you want to play on the standard Medium Settings, make sure it is set to hard for these previous versions. If you are unclear about this at all, then please ask.
- Those playing Arcade will have all the dip switches set to off, except the 8th and final switch is set to on, in the up position.
- Score submissions can be for any non-zero score.
- At the start of EACH new stream, contestant must state their full name (you no longer have to state your name before every single game).
- The entire game must be played only by the registered contestant who is identified at the beginning of the game.
- Bounties - if applicable.
   * Contestant is solely responsible for specifying which bounty they want to claim when they submit a score.
   * A contestant can only be paid for a maximum of 1 bounty for any one contest.
   * If a submitted game qualifies for more than 1 bounty, the contestant is solely responsible for specifying which bounty they are claiming and they can only claim a single bounty (and the refs will consider only the specified bounty for the score submission).
   * If a contestant tries to claim a bounty however is not awarded that bounty for some reason (i.e., they were incorrect about the bounty or another contestant's score submission invalidates their bounty claim), the contestant may try to claim another bounty on one of their next score submissions.
   * Bounties are considered in the order in which the score submissions are received.
   * Please remember that the bounty system was introduced for fun and to spread around some extra money to the contestants. Any disputes over the bounties will be settled accordingly by Corey/Ethan.
- Corey and Ethan will be validating all scores and reserve the right to reject any score for any reason.
- Games started before the official contest start time (no matter how close to the official contest start time) will not be eligible.
- Games started after the official contest end time (no matter how close to the official contest end time) will not be eligible.
- Last game can be started any time before the official contest end time (no matter how close to the official contest end time).
- Scores can be submitted up until 8 hours past the official contest end time.

Prize Payouts- if applicable.
- Prize money will be issued in the exact amount stated, ONLY to the registered contestant.
- Prize money will be sent via PayPal or sent via U.S. post in the form of a registered money order, or check ONLY to the registered contestant.
- If the contestant rejects the prize acceptance guidelines, listed above, or chooses not to accept the prize, that prize will be dropped.

Closing Remarks
- Please remember, at the end of the day, this is for fun. Anyone who does not follow the rules, cheats, etc, will be removed from the contest, and possibly banded from all future contests.
- These guidelines can be changed at any time by Corey and Ethan.
- Get practicing and good luck to all contestants 
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 04:21:06 pm by Donkey Kong Genius »

Offline datagod

• Howdy folks!
    • Awards
Re: DKG Presents Mario Bros Online Open
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2014, 08:23:35 pm »
I will donate a prize:  I will put the winner on a cover of Arcade Culture Magazine.

Lets be pals!
Member for 10 Years

Donkey Kong Genius

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2014, 09:48:38 pm »
Very nice! Thanks! It has been added.  :D

Offline danman123456

• Spring Jumper
    • Twitch TV Stream
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2014, 06:11:23 am »
I'm willing to put some cash up for people.  If you get at least 10 people to sign up

$40 for First
$20 for 2nd
$10 mystery bounty.

Lets-a-go!

Dan
DK High : 1,059,700 (Lvl 22-1 KS!);
DK KS Speedrun : 1 Hr 16 Min 40 Sec - World Record!
DK Lvl 1 - 1: 12,400
Fix-It Felix Jr - 297,000 (World Record)
Fix-IT Felix Jr 1 Hour Limit - 177,000
Fix-It Felix Jr KS Speedrun - 1h33
Member for 11 Years DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2014, 06:21:32 am »
Start Time: January 16, 2014 6:00 PM Pacific Time (6 pm start to accommodate east coast players)
End Time: January 18, 2014 9:00 PM Pacific time

Who won?  Kappa
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Monstabonza

• Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2014, 05:16:44 pm »
Start Time: January 16, 2014 6:00 PM Pacific Time (6 pm start to accommodate east coast players)
End Time: January 18, 2014 9:00 PM Pacific time

Who won?  Kappa
We'll played sir
Dk PB 391800
Dk jr PB 42000
CK 481400 lvl 19-1
CK On CC 567100 KS

Twitch =
Member for 11 Years CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Donkey Kong Genius

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2014, 06:51:02 pm »
Awesome, Dan! I will be sure to get that 10 people playing :D. Good catch as usual, Jeremy. Date fixed.

Offline maximumsteve

• Elite Member
  • Mario Bros. Arcade World Record Holder.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2014, 07:02:43 pm »
IN    <stirpot>
Member for 10 Years DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline ChrisP

• Spring Jumper
  • I'm going to jump next to your leg.
    • Donkey Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2014, 12:47:57 am »
I don't like this game, so I will try to develop a liking for it by playing in this tournament. IN.

I will be the Chuck Vess of the Mario Bros. Online Open. Nobody else has to come in last!
http://donkeykongblog.blogspot.com

4 Quarters :-* - 800K Avg. Per Qtr. :o - No Restarts 8) - No Proof :'(

7/26/2013   Coin 35,946   710,800   18-1
7/28/2013   Coin 35,947   903,700   22-1
8/16/2013   Coin 35,948   694,100   17-6
8/17/2013   Coin 35,949   893,100   22-1

3,201,700: the $1 World Record?
Member for 11 Years DKJR Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D Blogger Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2014, 12:56:10 am »
Nobody else has to come in last!

Challenge accepted.
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2014, 01:00:24 am »
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline ChrisP

• Spring Jumper
  • I'm going to jump next to your leg.
    • Donkey Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2014, 01:02:15 am »
wda

Maybe I'll buy a PCB so that I'll have more of an incentive to go through the Herculean labor of tilting my monitor sideways.

When I bought my Popeye board I didn't factor in the laziness I would have to overcome to actually play a session...
http://donkeykongblog.blogspot.com

4 Quarters :-* - 800K Avg. Per Qtr. :o - No Restarts 8) - No Proof :'(

7/26/2013   Coin 35,946   710,800   18-1
7/28/2013   Coin 35,947   903,700   22-1
8/16/2013   Coin 35,948   694,100   17-6
8/17/2013   Coin 35,949   893,100   22-1

3,201,700: the $1 World Record?
Member for 11 Years DKJR Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D Blogger Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener

Offline Shnypz

• Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2014, 07:25:38 am »
Signed up for funzies. I suck at Mario Bros.  :P

Can we play on RU or are the dips different?
Member for 9 Years Blogger

Offline ripper

• Twitch Webpage
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2014, 09:39:32 am »
Did someone say Mario Bros. tournament?

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2014, 03:50:50 pm »
Signed up for funzies. I suck at Mario Bros.  :P

Can we play on RU or are the dips different?

Default dips at RU are easy unfortunately.
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer