Author Topic: The Big Bang Theory uses Dean's footage for their show!  (Read 9982 times)

Offline Xermon54

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
The Big Bang Theory uses Dean's footage for their show!
« on: October 30, 2014, 06:06:35 pm »
Omg, this is awesome! In the Big Bang Theory episode of today, we see the guy playing Donkey Kong, and we see he was at 464,200 on stage 9 on his 3rd man. I did some maths (srs) and I noticed that it was like a 1.2m pace, and I was like (I wonder if they used Dean's game!). And guess what? Here's a screenshot of Dean's game, + a screenshot of The Big Bang Theory when he was playing, at the same exact time, with the same exact amount of points, with everything the same on the board.
Lovit?

1) World Record of the most insults received by a plastic surgeon - 3752

2:World Record of the most Check Man games played - 6 (tied with Hank Chien)
Member for 11 Years Blogger DK 1.1M Point Scorer DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Twitch Streamer

Offline Xermon54

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Re: The Big Bang Theory uses Dean's footage for their show!
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 06:07:35 pm »
And here's a screenshot of Dean's game

Oh and by the way, sorry for being fking bad at posting pictures. Those are fking big big big! Kappa

Member for 11 Years Blogger DK 1.1M Point Scorer DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Twitch Streamer

konghusker

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 06:25:06 pm »
Freaking Awesome!

Offline stella_blue

• High Score Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2014, 07:28:32 pm »

Excellent observation, Vincent!

Let's make sure I understand the sequence of events.  You're watching "The Big Bang Theory", there's a segment where someone is playing DK, and you immediately decide to calculate the guy's pace?  Clearly, this forum is the right place for you.

By the way, I can help out with the images:

DK High Score 
  (L22-1)
DK Level 1-1 
DK No Hammer 
  (L15-2)
Member for 11 Years Most Time Online DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2014, 07:54:44 pm »
Congrats Vincent on making the Donkey Kong discovery of the century.  I could see this making Kataku.
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Submit a score for every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline Xermon54

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2014, 08:02:23 pm »
Thanks Scott for putting the screenshot well-together! And thanks George!

Here's a short clip of the guy playing Donkey Kong. I guess my reaction would've been the same as him with a 1.2m pace:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZksCO9_O3M   <Allen>

Offline stella_blue

• High Score Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2014, 08:35:02 pm »

Hey Vincent,

I called one of the executive producers at CBS and demanded to know why they didn't use footage of your 1.084M game from October 21, 2012.  I also suggested that the show's title should be changed to "The Slender Kong Theory".  After an awkward silence, the guy requested that I never contact him again.

DK High Score 
  (L22-1)
DK Level 1-1 
DK No Hammer 
  (L15-2)
Member for 11 Years Most Time Online DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Xermon54

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2014, 08:41:06 pm »
wht da fk no, why all this abuse Scott? Slender Kong is the real kong, get used to it ft  <Allen>

Offline danman123456

• Spring Jumper
    • Twitch TV Stream
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2014, 10:51:27 pm »
That is very awesome. Would have been better if they credited it at the end of the show. Should look at see if they made a reference to it. If not should write them about it. Better yet try and get BBT to sponsor KO4 somehow. Get them involved someway and the event would be HUGE!! Richie / Robbie / etc seriously I am going to reach out to the show about this and just see if they even ping on it but will only be contacting it the normal channels but seriously that is VERY awesome. Know why? Because it means someone there KNOWS about deans game and where to find it and they took the time to setup a DK cab that I'm willing to BET was running a marp replay or perhaps just playing the youtube video itself.  <Tim>
DK High : 1,059,700 (Lvl 22-1 KS!);
DK KS Speedrun : 1 Hr 16 Min 40 Sec - World Record!
DK Lvl 1 - 1: 12,400
Fix-It Felix Jr - 297,000 (World Record)
Fix-IT Felix Jr 1 Hour Limit - 177,000
Fix-It Felix Jr KS Speedrun - 1h33
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Winner of a community event DK 1M Point Scorer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2014, 04:47:01 am »
Love it!

Interesting they didn't just zap something from Steve or Billy's footage floating around since the directive was probably just to grab some footage of a good score and those not in the DK community wouldn't know 1.2m pace from Pace salsa.
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline gstrain

• Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2014, 10:11:09 am »
Love it!

Interesting they didn't just zap something from Steve or Billy's footage floating around since the directive was probably just to grab some footage of a good score and those not in the DK community wouldn't know 1.2m pace from Pace salsa.
Probably just googled "youtube donkey kong world record".  Dean's 1.2M game is the first hit.
Member for 11 Years DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2014, 10:15:47 am »
 <Wiebe>  -- Well I typed in Donkey Kong World Record and some spreadsheet came up.....
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline gstrain

• Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2014, 10:41:50 am »
I guess we're just lucky they didn't type in http://www.donkeykongworldrecord.com/
Member for 11 Years DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2014, 11:59:46 am »
If Chris doesn't write about Dean's game being on the Big Bang Theory this probably won't be reported on sadly enough.
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Submit a score for every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline marky_d

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2014, 12:21:03 pm »
Pretty cool. It's interesting that they went out of their way to be "authentic" with a good score since I'm certain that 99.99% of Big Bang Theory viewers wouldn't know the difference, or even bother to notice the score.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1.1M Point Scorer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DKJR World Record Holder - Arcade DKJR Killscreener Twitch Streamer