Author Topic: Donkey Kong Online Open #5 for 2014  (Read 24758 times)

Offline Weehawk

• Elite Member
  • Why not play some Space Panic today?
    • Golden Era Replay Page
    • Awards
Re: Donkey Kong Online Open #5 for 2014
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2014, 12:16:24 pm »
I am happy to report that we have worked things out with Glen Updike and both him and John Salter are both unbanned and may participate in the DK contests.

Good form, gentlemen.
Member for 10 Years

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2014, 12:20:25 pm »
I am happy to report that we have worked things out with Glen Updike and both him and John Salter are both unbanned and may participate in the DK contests.

Good form, gentlemen.

+1
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Monstabonza

• Awards
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2014, 05:58:19 pm »

Good form, gentlemen.

+1

Ahh balance has returned
Dk PB 391800
Dk jr PB 42000
CK 481400 lvl 19-1
CK On CC 567100 KS

Twitch =
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

JohnTheLawnMan

« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2014, 08:46:00 pm »
The older I get the less I give a shit what anyone thinks of me.  I know who I am and what I'm about and pretty much only worry about what I think of myself, cause in the end you can't hide from yourself.  These are the kind of dopey thoughts that start to go through your head as you get older...  I also don't really read or post on any forums or FB community pages like this anymore, due to the fact that things always get taken out of context or there's someone ready to take some miniscule part of a comment and blow it out of proportion, manipulate it and twist it to suite some nonsense argument or make someone look bad.  So over the last couple days I really haven't been following "Glenngate."  Just getting updates here and there from Eric about the latest nonsense lie or over exaggeration about us.

Then Glenn posted a clip from my AA marathon where I supposedly attacked him.  I say supposedly, because from what I watched of the clip, I didn't say anything about him.  I thought he grabbed the wrong clip, since I know I went off on him after he hijacked DataGod's "Joel West" post and turned it into a crap-on-John's-marathon post, which really pissed me off.  (There's a difference between having an opinion on the validity of a strategy and wording it to imply I'm a blatant cheater.)  Since the clip was from my twitch page, I deleted it and went about my business of not giving a shit.  Apparently things were heating up and eventually Glenn posted another link.  From what I was told, this clip did have the correct part where I went off on Glenn.  Not having a clue where to even find it, Eric sent me a link and I watched in dismay as I went way further in the rant as I originally thought.  As I watched I realized the things I was saying weren't even based on personally knowing Glenn, they were based on a few FB posts where Glenn was less than friendly, his previous association with Rudy and opinions and stories from others.  Even taking his marathon bashing post into consideration, I had no right to publicly say those things in general, let alone with no personal experience to back them up.  This is not who I am or who I want to be.  I let my temper and emotions get the best of me and fell into the trap of letting others influence my thoughts and decisions to the point where I publicly insulted a person I don't even know.

I called Glenn and we were able to iron things out man to man.  We agreed there was bad judgment on both sides.  It was a conversation that will stick with me a long time.  Glenn didn't really know me and I didn't really now him, so it would be easy to talk shit about each other and just blow it off and play tough guy.  But we both realize this isn't the way things should be in the scene.  People say and do dumb shit all the time, but instead of working it out they let it build up and cause more problems for more people.  We're not going that route.  We're going to actually take the time to have fun, play some games and get to know each other.  Maybe I am a cheater with zero integrity...  Maybe Glenn is a turd and a d-bag... But at least we'll figure it out ourselves and not let others determine who our friends or enemies are.

A few other personal issues have also been straightened out between Glenn, Eric and myself.  The funny thing is, it took all this bullshit to realize that most of the issues were misunderstandings and misinterpretations of each others actions.  Things were said back and forth in the heat of arguments and hurt feelings.  The word harassment gets thrown around a lot these days and we were guilty of abusing the word ourselves.  Non of these back and forth exchanges were harassing.  Just VERY heated conversation.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.  Hopefully you wont see another long post like this from me.  Ever.

-John

Offline OzSteve71

• Awards
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2014, 02:59:18 am »

Good form, gentlemen.

+1

OUTSTANDING Gentlemen  8)
Member for 11 Years

Offline Shnypz

• Awards
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2014, 05:11:15 am »

Good form, gentlemen.

+1

OUTSTANDING Gentlemen  8)

Member for 9 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger

Offline danman123456

• Spring Jumper
    • Twitch TV Stream
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2014, 08:27:23 am »
Great to read this. John/Glenn/all

We should all be able to discuss topics with each other and even get into some "heated" discussions with each other but always keep it civil and realize that it should never be personal.

I got nothing but love for all of ya so just remember that when I say "Hey there buck-o".

BibleThump

:D
DK High : 1,059,700 (Lvl 22-1 KS!);
DK KS Speedrun : 1 Hr 16 Min 40 Sec - World Record!
DK Lvl 1 - 1: 12,400
Fix-It Felix Jr - 297,000 (World Record)
Fix-IT Felix Jr 1 Hour Limit - 177,000
Fix-It Felix Jr KS Speedrun - 1h33
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer Winner of a community event IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger

Offline marky_d

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2014, 09:00:21 am »
:)
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1.1M Point Scorer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DKJR World Record Holder - Arcade DKJR Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline fruitygayspaghetti

• Awards
« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2014, 09:56:47 am »
got 'em.
former Super Glob (Pac-Man hardware) (German bootleg) MAME wr holder

Black Widow (MAME) - 472,650
EA - 80,800
Member for 10 Years Blogger IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2014, 10:05:48 am »
Love it mates
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener Winner of a community event IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline MickyWinz

• Awards
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2014, 10:16:57 am »
I'm just hyped to have #5 next month!  Can't wait to play :)
1,045,900 Arcade
Member for 11 Years DK 1M First Man DK 1M Point Scorer Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener

Offline Ninglendo

• Awards
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2014, 10:22:22 am »
I am really glad we all took the time to settle our differences and explain ourselves over the phone. We both know we made mistakes, but we forgive each other and are willing to become friends now. To me that is all that matters. It is simple to let emotions get the best of you especially when you don't know the guy and that is the biggest mistake we made. Glad that this has ended and can be put behind us. Thanks again John for taking the time to call me. It was the best decision both of us made during this whole mess.  :)
Member for 11 Years Blogger

Offline Xermon54

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2014, 12:09:38 pm »
Every love story starts with a fight. I think it's the beginning of a bromance between John and Glen  <Allen> Kappa
1) World Record of the most insults received by a plastic surgeon - 3752

2:World Record of the most Check Man games played - 6 (tied with Hank Chien)
Member for 11 Years Blogger DK 1.1M Point Scorer DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Twitch Streamer

arnthestampede

« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2014, 10:52:53 am »
I'm interested in competing, however I play on a DK replica cab running the jamma 60-1, is this okay?

WCopeland

« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2014, 11:26:10 am »
Yep that will be okay. Scores have been submitted using a 60-in-1 in previous tournaments.