Author Topic: DK3 repetitive blue screen is easier to get to than DK Jr or DK Killscreen  (Read 6016 times)

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
As of this moment on February 20th, 2013 I am the only person to ever reach the Donkey Kong 3 repetitive blue screen found on the 160th board of DK3 which repeats the blue board over, and over again for 97 boards until it flips over again.

Having said that, I am going to reveal to you a bit of not widely known info.  The Donkey Kong 3 repetitive blue screen is by far easier to get to than the Donkey Kong Killscreen, or the Donkey Kong Junior Killscreen.

I say this for a very important reason.   When I am regularly playing the game I can get to the RBS every single time, even in Twin Galaxies settings.  I have also killscreened Donkey Kong Junior over 20 times, and despite that there is a very strong likely hood that I will not reach the killscreen on any given game.   Since Donkey Kong Junior is widely known as the easier killscreen to reach.  Mainly because there are less random deaths in DK Jr, than Donkey Kong, and that there are only 80 boards instead of 116 like Donkey Kong.

So don't let the fact that I am the only person to do this make you think that this accomplishment is anywhere near getting a killscreen in Donkey Kong or Donkey Kong Junior.   Especially when this is done on easy settings of Donkey Kong 3.
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Have a score on every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Simpsons99

Re: DK3 repetitive blue screen is easier to get to than DK Jr or DK Killscreen
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 05:55:07 pm »
I disagree with what your saying here that DKJR is the easyest game to get a kill screen in .   If this was the cases there would be thousands of people with a kill screen and high scores .

I would say the easyest game to get a Kill screen on is Pac-man..   There's all the key patterens to follow.

What we have done here is not easy/ Normail.. We have taken a game to places it should'nt be taken.

I would allso say The DK3 Blue screen is not easy to do allso.

I think your the only person thats really gotten there  on all Skill levels George!

I might be able to do it on my arcade machine  on Easy...  But i have never tried so thats just a guess.

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 07:40:25 pm »
I disagree with what your saying here that DKJR is the easyest game to get a kill screen in .   If this was the cases there would be thousands of people with a kill screen and high scores .

I would say the easyest game to get a Kill screen on is Pac-man..   There's all the key patterens to follow.

What we have done here is not easy/ Normail.. We have taken a game to places it should'nt be taken.

I would allso say The DK3 Blue screen is not easy to do allso.

I think your the only person thats really gotten there  on all Skill levels George!

I might be able to do it on my arcade machine  on Easy...  But i have never tried so thats just a guess.

I mean Donkey Kong Junior is easier to get a killscreen, than Donkey Kong.   I am comparing the 3 Donkey Kongs in  the original post, and not comparing to any other game.   To be sure Donkey Kong Junior is extremely hard to get to. (Yes Steve, we all know you got to the Killscreen in DKJr in 50 attempts).  But when you compare it to Donkey Kong it pales in comparison.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 07:55:37 pm by homerwannabee »
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Have a score on every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline ChrisP

• Spring Jumper
  • I'm going to jump next to your leg.
    • Donkey Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 10:24:58 pm »
I am looking forward to learning Junior. I have the PCB (I got it sort of by accident), so I figure why not?

I have played DK3 a few times in MAME but haven't really gotten into it yet.
http://donkeykongblog.blogspot.com

4 Quarters :-* - 800K Avg. Per Qtr. :o - No Restarts 8) - No Proof :'(

7/26/2013   Coin 35,946   710,800   18-1
7/28/2013   Coin 35,947   903,700   22-1
8/16/2013   Coin 35,948   694,100   17-6
8/17/2013   Coin 35,949   893,100   22-1

3,201,700: the $1 World Record?
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D DKJR Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener