Author Topic: Things mentioned towards me!  (Read 12413 times)

cheetah33p

Things mentioned towards me!
« on: June 23, 2014, 04:23:29 pm »
Post from John Salter,

Well, I guess you wont be playing in any more tournaments, because we are not changing the rules. We can't babysit the players. We put time, energy and money into the tournament. The bounties are there for players to claim as a bonus. We or not obligated to have them, just as you are not obligated to play in tournament. A tournament which is FREE to enter and is meant to promote friendship and camaraderie, not make money.
It's very simple. If the tournament doesn't meet your standards, then you don't have to play in it. Actually I'd rather not have you play in any more, since you felt the need to publicly call Eric and I liars and cheaters for rigging the bounties. Honestly we don't need poor sports like you playing in the tournament. You proved who you really are with your childish rants after last tournament and this tournament. I though after what happened in the last tournament you may have learned a lesson about friendship and being humble, but I guess I was wrong.

My post I mentioned,

This last post was from John Salter. I mentioned about the bounties and that I believe more than 1 should be allowed not only 1. The rules to me should be changed. I thought its totally ridiculous. Yes I did mention that I thought that the tournament was rigged in the bounties and believe this still. How can still a 2,200 score end up winning something when almost all players in a tournament who have been playing for years end up basically getting nothing out of it? Still doesn't make any sense to me. But whatever. I won't be playing in any more tournaments anyways if John and Eric will always be in charge. Unless one day the tournament decides to change the moderators or whoever is in charge of them. And yes I have made friends and I know that there are friends who are still behind me anyways and can understand how I feel about this.

And yet they mention to me about being a poor sport on top of it? Didn't I help to promote this last tournament to all the webpages that I knew of? Didn't I try to do my best to actually help them? I thought I was doing a bit of my part. I guess I was wrong in the first place to even try to put a bit of my time to actually help out as well.

All the tournaments I have played in, I have actually always felt that alot of the mystery bounties was rigged alot of the time anyways. I always actually have felt that. I know actually a couple other players who actually thought the same thing that I did! If Eric and John want to, they can actually ask a bunch of the other players as well besides me who would think that there was something fishy about those mystery bounties. I know i'm definately not the only person. I'm sorry that I'm speaking my mind but this is the truth! Whoever wants to go ahead and leave my page and are on Eric and John's side, then go ahead! I'm sorry that I'm actually speaking my mind about this!

Offline Dk_madness

• Elite Member
    • Awards
Re: Things mentioned towards me!
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 04:30:14 pm »
 FailFish
Member for 11 Years DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK Masters - Rank D Winner of a community event DK 1M Point Scorer DKJR Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer Former DK No-Hammer World Record Holder DK Killscreener

Drunkguy89

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 04:31:43 pm »
 FailFish

Offline f_symbols

• Spring Jumper
  • wht u mean
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2014, 04:32:14 pm »
FailFish
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 04:47:17 pm by f_symbols »
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Winner of a community event Former DK Remix World Record Holder DK Remix Killscreener IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2014, 04:36:56 pm »
 FailFish
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener Submit a score for every DK3 track Winner of a community event IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline fruitygayspaghetti

• Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2014, 04:44:50 pm »
 FailFish
former Super Glob (Pac-Man hardware) (German bootleg) MAME wr holder

Black Widow (MAME) - 472,650
EA - 80,800
Member for 10 Years Blogger IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member

Offline JCHarrist

• Spring Jumper
    • Donkey Kong Forum
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2014, 04:50:30 pm »
FailFish
Member for 11 Years DKF Founder Former CK World Record Holder - Arcade CK Killscreener DK Killscreener

WCopeland

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2014, 05:01:21 pm »
FailFish

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2014, 05:12:10 pm »
 FailFish  FailFish
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline d3scride

• Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2014, 05:16:07 pm »
 FailFish FailFish FailFish
PBs:

DK: 702,100 at 1,040,000 pace
1-1: 11,800
1-2: 22,700
No Hammer: 562,800
Lvl 2: 50,400
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer Former DK3 World Record Holder

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2014, 05:19:07 pm »
 FailFish FailFish FailFish FailFish
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

lakeman421

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2014, 05:23:35 pm »
 FailFish FailFish FailFish FailFish FailFish

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2014, 06:19:04 pm »
I mentioned about the bounties and that I believe more than 1 should be allowed not only 1.

How many should be allowed? 5? 10? 100? When do we know when to stop? Ultimately, it is John and Eric's tourney, they can decide how they want

The rules to me should be changed.

You seem to be alone in this opinion.

I thought its totally ridiculous.

Why, cause you didn't win money? A couple dozen other people also didn't win money... but they seem to be fine about it.

Yes I did mention that I thought that the tournament was rigged in the bounties and believe this still.

It is not rigged. They said the bounties were random. If you think they are rigged, provide evidence.

How can still a 2,200 score end up winning something when almost all players in a tournament who have been playing for years end up basically getting nothing out of it?

Because the mystery bounties are designated completely irrespective of skill and effort and because no one is entitled to win money in any tournament like this -especially if it is competely free of charge.

Still doesn't make any sense to me.

It should. But hopefully my elucidation of the clear logic helps now.

But whatever.

Yes, just let it go.

I won't be playing in any more tournaments anyways if John and Eric will always be in charge.

Making enemies now? That's not nice. They did nothing wrong so long as you can't prove that they are out to get you (which they obviously weren't/aren't)

Unless one day the tournament decides to change the moderators or whoever is in charge of them.

Since everyone I know agrees with and has no beef with how they've been running the tourneys so far, I can't imagine the tournaments' organization changing hands will effect anything different in this regard. Looks like you're out of luck.

And yes I have made friends and I know that there are friends who are still behind me anyways and can understand how I feel about this.

Who? Name names or don't make this claim. Who? Brian? Like he's an objective source of knowing what is logical or best. I honestly know no one who agrees with you in taking issue on the mystery bounties, so I really want to know to whom you are referring.

And yet they mention to me about being a poor sport on top of it?

You didn't win a random bounty and you are complaining about it. That is being a poor sport. You shouldn't get mad at *people* for randomness.

Didn't I help to promote this last tournament to all the webpages that I knew of?

I don't know. It gets lost behind all the complaining that comes afterwards. Kinda two-faced if you ask me.

Didn't I try to do my best to actually help them?

I honestly don't recall any of this... but even if it is true, it is irrelevant if you just end up being the only person who consistently criticizes the tournaments for bad reasons.

I thought I was doing a bit of my part.

No one asked you to promote or play, nor was this asked of anyone else I know. All that is asked for is respect and thanks for providing bounties for a free tournament. And simple logic asked that one not get mad at inanimate things such as bad randomness.

I guess I was wrong in the first place to even try to put a bit of my time to actually help out as well.

The ends ought not dictate the means in this case. You ought to be nice to people regardless of whether or not you'll win somethign that is dependant upon complete randomness.

All the tournaments I have played in, I have actually always felt that alot of the mystery bounties was rigged alot of the time anyways.

Prove it or it is merely a claim.

I always actually have felt that.

You should base this sort of claim on much more than simply a feeling.

I know actually a couple other players who actually thought the same thing that I did!

Again, name names or don't make these claims.

If Eric and John want to, they can actually ask a bunch of the other players as well besides me who would think that there was something fishy about those mystery bounties.

Everyone I've heard is fine with it, so I really wanna know who your sources are.

I know i'm definately not the only person.

Get them to this thread then so that they can speak up as well. So far, it seems as though you are the only person.

I'm sorry that I'm speaking my mind but this is the truth!

So far, it has not been demonstrated that your claims are true. All that seems to be true is that you "feel" your claims are true.

Whoever wants to go ahead and leave my page and are on Eric and John's side, then go ahead!

Leaving your page simply because people think you are wrong on this issue is just as dumb as blocking people on FB because they disagree with you and give you pushback on things. That is something Brian Allen would do (and does). People should not be like him in this respect.

I'm sorry that I'm actually speaking my mind about this!
Maybe just change your mind on this issue and you won't have to apologize. It's not that hard to see that you're current view is unmerited by both the evidence and the reasons you've provided.

And.......... FailFish
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline tilt

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Repair man of DKF
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2014, 06:41:50 pm »
Honestly man if you are just concerned about the money in a FREE donkey kong tournament, then this isn't the right community for you.  I didn't expect to win anything.  I just played because I wanted to concentrate all of my skills and hard work into one place.  That should be the mindset of us all in the past tournament and the one's to come.
My stream is currently (http://www.twitch.tv/expandedidea/)
PB(s):
Donkey Kong: 1,116,400 (KS)
Donkey kong Hard roms(prev. world record): 914,200
Crazy Kong: 513,700 (KS)
Member for 9 Years DK 1.1M Point Scorer snek IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener DK Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer