Related Games > Donkey Kong Junior

What I think is the max score possible for Donkey Kong Junior

(1/3) > >>

homerwannabee:
I think that score is 1.45 million.  Now for that to happen everything has to be going great for the person, and they are taking a lot of chances on the Chain Stage with it paying off, and they are they are using the Saglio trick for the second fruit, and getting some really good smashes.  They also have every single man to sacrifice for the last hide out stage, and get 100,000 points for the last 3 men instead of the usual 90,000 points that one gets for 3 men.   

This is my guesstimate at least.  It would be interesting to see what others have to say on this matter.

Simpsons99:
Saglio trick? huh what?

syscrusher:

--- Quote from: Simpsons99 on February 11, 2013, 07:12:14 am ---Saglio trick? huh what?

--- End quote ---

Also called the "Dean Move"...very simple to do.  Surprised you didn't know that.

Simpsons99:
thought he was talking about something different..  Dean move would be the 3 Fruit in  Mario's Hideout

marky_d:
I agree with George's assessment of the thoeretical high score possible. If everything went right and you had 3 lives to sac off I'm thinking 1.45 can be reached. Realistically though I think a score in the 1.410 - 1.420m range is doable.

There seems to be some confusion in this thread as to what the "Dean Move" or "Saglio Trick" is. I always thought it referenced the point-pressing technique he discovered where you position Junior between the 1st and 2nd spark-spawning chutes, and by dipping Junior a bit in to the path of the 2nd chute when a spark is descending, then jumping away and also into a descending spark from the 1st chute pointing off of both of them for the 300. The 3-spark smash is really nothing new, but it is definitely necessary if you are going for max points. Now, the 2nd apple glitch I first read about in an '83 Joystik magazine quoted here:

"If after jumping to get the apple you push the joystick to the right while Junior is in the air, you will receive 1200 points for the first Spark instead of just 800."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version