Author Topic: New to the forum and new streamer! DKJR  (Read 48041 times)

Offline DKJR

• Awards
Re: New to the forum and new streamer! DKJR
« Reply #75 on: July 17, 2014, 10:36:06 am »
Also I'm selling plexi off DK cuz I got D2K plexi it's on eBay but I'll end it for a member
http://www.ebay.com/itm/121385344561
DKJR pb 721k & 621k (KS) DK pb 357k
Member for 10 Years DKJR Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline tilt

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Repair man of DKF
    • Awards
« Reply #76 on: July 18, 2014, 08:43:46 am »
Yeah my DK JR has the slight jumping sound.  It's mainly do to the old audio board in the monitor needing to be capped.  It's not really a big deal, but I'm personally capping my audio board when I cap my monitor. In terms of your color problems,  I would try adjusting the brightness and focus adjustments to try to brighten up your colors a bit. These adjustments are located on the flyback which is under the flyback cage.  When removing the flyback cage, be sure the power is turned off.  You can make adjustments to it while the monitor is turned on with a long flat head screwdriver.  If the adjustments still aren't good, it's just old caps, and they need replacing.
My stream is currently (http://www.twitch.tv/expandedidea/)
PB(s):
Donkey Kong: 1,116,400 (KS)
Donkey kong Hard roms(prev. world record): 914,200
Crazy Kong: 513,700 (KS)
Member for 9 Years DK 1.1M Point Scorer snek IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener DK Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline DKJR

• Awards
« Reply #77 on: July 18, 2014, 11:53:47 am »
I looked last night and I let it warm up for awhile it needs to be deguassed on upper left for one but the black has a lot of red in it so I'll dial that back 1st. Then I'll do brightness. After that I'll hit up focus I guess. I would think those three adjustment in the 3 different areas would be good. There is color on the neck right? I've never messed with that. Nor do I think I need to. Is focus and brightness on flyback or is it contrast. I only thought brightness was on main board?  Thanks for all you help

Offline tilt

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Repair man of DKF
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: July 18, 2014, 02:52:39 pm »
I looked last night and I let it warm up for awhile it needs to be deguassed on upper left for one but the black has a lot of red in it so I'll dial that back 1st. Then I'll do brightness. After that I'll hit up focus I guess. I would think those three adjustment in the 3 different areas would be good. There is color on the neck right? I've never messed with that. Nor do I think I need to. Is focus and brightness on flyback or is it contrast. I only thought brightness was on main board?  Thanks for all you help
There are actually 3 brightness settings in total.  One on the actual board, one on the adjustment board, and of on the flyback.  The one on the flyback allows for the most dramatic adjustments.  There is only one focus adjustment, which is on the flyback.
My stream is currently (http://www.twitch.tv/expandedidea/)
PB(s):
Donkey Kong: 1,116,400 (KS)
Donkey kong Hard roms(prev. world record): 914,200
Crazy Kong: 513,700 (KS)
Member for 9 Years DK 1.1M Point Scorer snek IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener DK Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline DKJR

• Awards
« Reply #79 on: July 26, 2014, 04:24:08 pm »
   Just put up back to back personal bests first on Jr. 708k then on DK 359,900. At a local bar arcade. Best gaming day of my life both live performances

Donkey Kong Genius

« Reply #80 on: July 26, 2014, 11:00:55 pm »
Very nice scores! Twice in one day, sounds like someone else we know.  <Billy>

Offline DKJR

• Awards
« Reply #81 on: July 27, 2014, 10:58:22 am »
Two quarters....as Todd Rogders says I'm an arcade owners worst nightmare. I'm tiring to upload shots of the barcade and screen shots but from phone says file to large. So I'll try PC later