Author Topic: New Streaming Account on Justin.TV for now  (Read 3514 times)

Offline LMDAVE

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
New Streaming Account on Justin.TV for now
« on: December 18, 2013, 04:56:14 pm »

Deleted ORiginal Message,

Im back with Twitch on my regular account. FME is streaming now but not very well, gives occasional trails in the video. Maybe this will get fixed or I will go to the next possible solution....maybe xSplit
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 06:12:02 pm by LMDAVE »
Donkey Kong (Arcade): 1,108,100

Donkey Kong 1-1: 12,900

http://twitch.tv/LMDAVE
Member for 11 Years DK 1.1M Point Scorer Winner of a community event Blogger DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Twitch Streamer

Offline f_symbols

• Spring Jumper
  • wht u mean
    • Awards
Re: New Streaming Account on Justin.TV for now
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 05:12:45 pm »
Dave, as a faithful user of FMLE (flash media live encoder) I was equally saddened by the lack of a twitch quick fix after they "upgraded" their video system.  However, I have OBS (open broadcasting software), which I used occasionally prior to this week and have been forced into using it exclusively for the last few days.  OBS is rather straight forward and does not use much more (possibly less) CPU than you are accustomed to with FMLE.  It may be a valid alternative to this justin account
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Winner of a community event Former DK Remix World Record Holder DK Remix Killscreener IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline LMDAVE

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 06:10:15 pm »
NOw twitch is back to letting m stream on my original account, but it s giving those damn trail in the video just like Justin TV was doing, so disregard the new justin TV account

Member for 11 Years DK 1.1M Point Scorer Winner of a community event Blogger DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Twitch Streamer

Offline VON

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 10:31:59 pm »
I'm done streaming until Twitch resolves this problem.

Please anyone, post here if/when it's possible to stream through FME again.

Offline ebinsugewa

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2013, 12:19:35 am »
Why are people so deadset on using FMLE? It's not good.
we're in the yellow pages under 'spatulas'
Member for 11 Years Twitch Streamer Blogger IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member

Offline up2ng

• Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2013, 06:32:43 pm »
Yeah I had a wierd issue yesterday where everything appeared as though I was streaming on my end, and yet my channel just wasn't live.

This will likely end my streaming as well unless Twitch miraculously makes something better instead of worse (for once) and actually fixes the problem.
Donkey Kong:  1,206,800  Kill Screen
Donkey Kong:  898,600     16-5
D2K:                 380,200     L=9
Donkey Kong Junior:  In Progress
Member for 11 Years DK 1.2M Point Scorer Winner of a community event Wildcard Rematch Champion Blogger Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Former DK No-Hammer World Record Holder DK 1.1M Point Scorer Former DK World Record Holder - MAME DK Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer Individual Board Record Holder Twitch Streamer

Offline d3scride

• Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2013, 09:47:38 pm »
For those who are using FME to stream I suggest switching to OBS.
PBs:

DK: 702,100 at 1,040,000 pace
1-1: 11,800
1-2: 22,700
No Hammer: 562,800
Lvl 2: 50,400
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer Former DK3 World Record Holder

Offline LMDAVE

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2013, 07:11:12 am »
Dean, for a while I was having that issue, everything said I was live but not coming through. Now, the last couple of days, the stream has been coming through but throughout the stream I get these trails as if it's just layering one frame on top of the other without deleteing the old one, every now and then. It seems to be getting progessively better....hopefully. I'm going to try and stream again tonight.

And of course when you look at the stream archived the next day, it's perfect. So FME is uploading everything perfectly to them, its just the turnaraound of broadcasting it live that still needs work.

Offline ebinsugewa

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2013, 01:04:59 am »
I'm getting the 'appears offline but works' problem with OBS as well, it's a twitch hiccup. No worries.

Offline up2ng

• Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2013, 04:00:29 pm »
Anyone have any more info about this issue????

I'm trying to stream yet again and once again the channel shows "Live" for 5 - 10 seconds while my screen says "Loading Video" and then it switches back to just saying "Offline".  Meanwhile, FME makes it appear as though everything is up and running as normal and continues to do its thing, unaware that the stream is actually down.  This is extremely odd to me since any other time I've ever had my stream go down, it gets reported right in FME on my end and I can simply restart it.  But this issue seems to be unsolvable so far and has persisted all week.

Anyone know if Twitch is at least working on a fix?  This is getting incredibly annoying.
Donkey Kong:  1,206,800  Kill Screen
Donkey Kong:  898,600     16-5
D2K:                 380,200     L=9
Donkey Kong Junior:  In Progress
Member for 11 Years DK 1.2M Point Scorer Winner of a community event Wildcard Rematch Champion Blogger Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Former DK No-Hammer World Record Holder DK 1.1M Point Scorer Former DK World Record Holder - MAME DK Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer Individual Board Record Holder Twitch Streamer

Offline ebinsugewa

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2013, 05:01:00 am »
Try refreshing the page after it goes 'offline.' I have the same issue, and it's always working fine after a restart.

Offline LMDAVE

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Re: New Streaming Account on Justin.TV for now (Switched to Xsplit from FME)
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2014, 06:04:10 am »
After having no sucess with FME after trying all settings, and no response from Twitch with regards to FME leeaving trails, I switched to X-split. I didn't play a game but let it run long enough even though some frames are choppy as is it skips frame everything looks good.

The only negative is it uses almsot 100% of my processor (I have a Windows Vista machine I purchased in 2008, so maybe I'm in need on an upgrade one day)

For those who use X-split, these are the settings I am using:

- I used the wizard for the setup and I like that it find the best twitch server our there.
- It set me up as 720p, but I dropped that down to 480p
- The bitrate was around 1000, and I dropped that down to 500
- the codec is X.264, I know I was using H.264 with FME, X.264 seems to be working fine.
- I lowered the encoding to superfast which says it uses the lowest CPU %.

Anyway, just curious what you guys use for settings on XSplit.

Offline mikegmi2

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2014, 07:18:10 am »
Hey Dave,

Here are the settings I have on XSplit:

Codec: X.264
Bitrate: 1000
Mode: CBR

I use 640x480 video resolution with framerate of 30.

HP Webcam HD-2200, fairly cheap webcam.

My PC is fairly new, less than a year old.  I built it so I could play a few PC games with friends, and also stream.
Windows 7
AMD FX 8120 8-core 3.1GHz
8 Gb ram

Not sure if video card matters at all with streaming, but I have a fairly decent one.
Donkey Kong - 1,076,000 (arcade, KS)
Member for 11 Years DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline LMDAVE

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2014, 07:35:00 am »
Thanks, that's pretty close to my settings. But, I do need the newer computer.

I hate buying new computers, an reinstalling all the software I had on my old one, etc...but may do that some time this year.