Author Topic: Advanced JRTFBDN Killscreen Barrel Strategy 101 - 30 minute guide  (Read 23823 times)

Donkey Kong Genius

Re: Advanced JRTFBDN Killscreen Barrel Strategy 101 - 30 minute guide
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2014, 03:25:24 pm »
Thanks, Al. I spoke with Shane as well about this. For a backup, I am going to put it up on my youtube account as well. I need to do this so I can embed it into the wiki, on the Getting Started with DK page. So glad that someone had the content! :D He was so disappointed that Twitch lost some of his stuff.

Donkey Kong Genius

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2014, 02:13:14 pm »
Interestingly, the video that you have here Al actually starts 1 min 27 sec or so after the actual training video - originally, and only shows 15 min, though when I downloaded it from dropbox it was 30 min. If I download the link on twitch it gives me 30 min of content but everything before and the first 1 min 27 sec. This is why the first 1 min 27 sec can be seen on the twitch page. For some reason when you downloaded the file from twitch it was 30 min after this point, and now it is 30 min prior to this point. Hence, on twitch side they have the wrong 30 min block tied to the page. What I did was to take the first 1 min and 27 sec from twitch and amend that to your downloaded video of  30 min, so that it is complete here. It is only the first 1 min 27 sec that is different. Otherwise they are the same.

Donkey Kong Basic Barrel Training Video by Shane Mosher
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 02:18:11 pm by Donkey Kong Genius »

Offline thekid25

• Awards
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2014, 04:16:48 pm »
Thanks  for posting it on youtube.  very good video.  I'll be tackling your vid's next.  Alot of practicing to do.  Appreciate it!
Member for 9 Years

Offline Jonesy

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2014, 12:31:36 am »
Not sure why that was Corey.  Only found it by chance going through some stuff on an old laptop, so thought I'd better let you guys know.

It's a pretty useful video though.

Member for 11 Years DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline Shane_NC

• Awards
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2017, 03:44:31 pm »
The Video has been lost on TWITCH, but most of it was recovered by my dear friend Corey Chambers!! Its back on youtube
here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGZR173PZDo
HIGH SCORES:
Donkey Kong Arcade: 865,900 22-1 KS
1-1: 11,300
Donkey Kong Junior MAME: 599,300 22-1 KS
Member for 10 Years DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Mitch Mitchell

• Youtube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2019, 08:13:17 am »
Shane,
Thanks so much for making this vid and Corey for saving it.

Watched this for the first time last night Shane and it was a revelation; vid flow and teaching style is spot on as is knowledge of the material, just blown away man. Perfect tutorial with a huge impact already on my game.

Hope you'd consider making the same type of vids for the other stages.

Thanks ; )
VS Duck Hunt - 3,502,900
DK - 985,400
Member for 6 Years Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener

Offline dknetter

• Awards
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2020, 10:31:08 am »
Awesome video - thanks for creating it and saving it for future players!

Could someone clarify the point he's making at 28:00 to 28:30, and again 29:00 to 29:10 (on the YouTube version). After grabbing the top hammer, he says to park in the safe spot on the 5th girder (just to the left of the taller ladder coming from the 4th, apparently a safe spot where you can't be hit by a wild). Then, you are supposed to move right just a bit to where you are on top of the taller ladder coming from the 4th (just to the left of the broken ladder up to Kong). If there's no wild barrel coming, you can then run past past the broken ladder to safety on the right.

What I find unclear is exactly when you are supposed to transition from the "safe spot" to the "put your nose here" spot just to the left of the broken ladder. I've watched both parts of the video numerous times and can't tell if he's making that little move after he sees it's not a wild barrel, or if you are supposed to move from the safe spot to nearer the broken ladder and then wait there to see if it's a wild barrel.

If you're waiting in the safe spot to see if it's a wild barrel, what's the point of moving right briefly and pausing there before making a run further right? If you're waiting nearer the broken ladder to see if it's a wild barrel, what's the point of parking in the safe spot briefly first?

Any help clarifying what the approach he's trying to convey here would be greatly appreciated!
Member for 4 Years DK Masters - Rank D DKJR Killscreener CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer