Author Topic: KO3 official announcement  (Read 28621 times)

giv

Re: KO3 official announcement
« Reply #60 on: July 25, 2013, 09:52:42 am »
Right. I see how I misinterpreted your comments, Dan. I thought you were saying it's cool when you really didn't think it was cool.

And sorry for the confusion of my saying Ken called you and Chris out on bs. I didn't know Ken was just referring to Chris' post and shouldn't have jumped to conclusions.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 10:01:35 am by giv »

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: July 25, 2013, 09:58:16 am »
Dan's BOTA card is still accepted  ;D
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

corey.chambers

« Reply #62 on: July 25, 2013, 10:09:01 am »
Fix it Felix Jr, lol. I can killscreen that game anytime I play it, and yes it is for fun. :) What ticks me off about it has to do with how many legit re-breaks you get while point pressing. One time, I was 2000+ points over where Dan was, and then after a couple levels I was short 4000 points. I stopped playing because I starting thinking that mine and Dan's score on the game is probably high end on the point pressing spectrum and that a 300K game may not be achievable. I like the game, it is fun, and there is almost always a solution without dying at all, and it is neat to figure that out, but what I hate is having to play it for 3 hours just to fail yet again, because the game gave you less rebreaks. I starting restarting if I didn't have a certain amount of points at the start of a certain level. Then in the end, I decided to settle for 2000 points short of Dan only because of the amount of time that was required and the fact that it is more of a kids game really because any game that easy could not have been designed for a adult audience. Same thing for NES DK, I could inch it up but what is the point? Sometimes, it isn't about the highest score, but rather about the highest scores that shows that a player is decent. Think about DK. Several years from now if we keep getting 1M point games then maybe one day someone could be listed as number 30 and have a million point game. Anyways, off topic, but I saw Fix it Felix, and had to vent. :)

giv

« Reply #63 on: July 25, 2013, 11:14:14 am »
There is a way to maximize your points in a shorter time on Felix. If you guys haven't figured it out by the Kong-Off, I'll show you when we're all together. You guys may already know what it is, and are still waiting around extra long on boards hoping for more broken windows anyway, For all I know. Like I said, I've only played the game 14 times so far. I've been in a situation where I had to kill myself to get to the last window on a board twice, I think.

But yeah, it doesn't really matter how fast you get your points, because of the random element of the game. Although there is still one more experiment I want to try, a theory that needs testing before I totally give up on finding a strategy to the game and just settle into having to play it often enough to beat the odds, Ms. Pac style.

I have to say I also considered the same thing about 300k being the ceiling on the game. I scored 299,800, and it really got me wondering. But I haven't played it enough to say that with any certainty.

corey.chambers

« Reply #64 on: July 25, 2013, 11:51:53 am »
To be honest I didn't think that 299,800 was possible. Once you get passed the first couple levels there is a max of 4 rebreaks that occur on every scene. So I stopped waiting longer because I was sure I saw 4 rebreaks. I know that with a strong level of certainty, so I tried to clear all the half breaks first and tried to leave the completely broken windows since they can be broke again. Though I don't know with certainty that the game may still "try to break this window" and have that count as one of your four rebreaks. I also tried to wait to grab the pie until the very end so that all the breaks are not forced early on while a lot of the windows are still broken. I would need to see a situation that you can't get out of other than not playing safe enough or getting stuck in an area but you can jump, as oppose to hop, to the next window and land right in the middle and hop up right between two clumps of broken bricks lodged between the sills. If I remember correctly you jump and then press over to do the perfect jump over. It took me a few games to fully learn the movement possibilities of Felix. I was trying to push over first and then jump or push over and jump at the same time, and nope, it does not work that way. :)

Offline danman123456

• Spring Jumper
    • Twitch TV Stream
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: July 25, 2013, 01:04:06 pm »
I find it ubercool that George got exactly what I was referring to regarding FIFJr and Ms. Pac Man. :)
DK High : 1,059,700 (Lvl 22-1 KS!);
DK KS Speedrun : 1 Hr 16 Min 40 Sec - World Record!
DK Lvl 1 - 1: 12,400
Fix-It Felix Jr - 297,000 (World Record)
Fix-IT Felix Jr 1 Hour Limit - 177,000
Fix-It Felix Jr KS Speedrun - 1h33
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer Winner of a community event IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger

giv

« Reply #66 on: July 25, 2013, 01:49:50 pm »
Yeah you know it, half breaks first. I'll upload video of the last ten minutes of the 299,800 game when I get a chance later. Pretty sure I've had more than four extra breaks on scenes beyond the fourth level. I felt that saving a pie for last actually cost me points. Not sure why that would be, but it did seem like that to me.

I had a board with two solid windowsills I couldn't move below, and then two boulders on the first and second level. Then got a new broken window on the bottom row, in between. Couldn't jump down to it, couldn't jump over the boulder without hitting my head.

I do still have one more theory to test though. Before settling down into Ms. Pac banana mode. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Also I guess I should let you guys know, when TG starts tracking "arcade-style pc games" one of the rules will be only scores done with I-Pac or J-Pac control panel interfaces will be accepted. No USB, xarcade, keyboard etc will count. I think this will keep things competitive and interesting, since we won't be able to just sit at home and play a million times. And just to keep it fair, like I've said, I'll only submit a score if I do it at a live event. A score I get on any random weekend night at Richie's I won't count, even if I break 300k.

And just so you know, I didn't suggest the rules for the TG track. There's a whole community of programmers that make Arcade-style pc games, Felix is just the most popular. The top guys from that community recommended the using a real arcade control panel rule.

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: July 25, 2013, 02:23:30 pm »
And just to keep it fair, like I've said, I'll only submit a score if I do it at a live event. A score I get on any random weekend night at Richie's I won't count, even if I break 300k.

Wow, that is ultra hardcore.  That is a new level I haven't seen before.

Here are the levels.

Level 1: Those that believe that all scores should count, even those that are phoned in.  Twin Galaxies was this way in 1982, but found out quickly this isn't the smartest thing.

Level 2: Those that believe all scores should count, but some video or referee has to be there for evidence.

Level 3: Those that believe only MAME, and Arcade scores should count, and some INP, video, or Ref has to be there per TG rules.  (I fall into this level)

Level 4: Those that believe only Arcade scores should count

Level 5: Those that believe only live Arcade scores should count

Level 6: Those that believe only live event Arcade scores should count (George Leutz in regards to his own scores.  Not too sure if he believes this should be a policy for all scores)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 02:25:04 pm by homerwannabee »
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Have a score on every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline danman123456

• Spring Jumper
    • Twitch TV Stream
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: July 25, 2013, 02:31:40 pm »
Yeah that is hardcore. See I don't have any issues with you posting a 400k score you get at Richies sir. You earned it on the cab so that is worthy of recognizing :)
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer Winner of a community event IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger

Offline danman123456

• Spring Jumper
    • Twitch TV Stream
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: July 25, 2013, 02:47:25 pm »
And if you get it at home either post away! There was never any TG tracking of it so I just did it for the heck of it. IF they track it then go for it! :D