Author Topic: DK Submission Rules  (Read 130080 times)

Offline DonkeyShlong

• Awards
Re: List Submission Rules
« Reply #135 on: November 14, 2019, 04:09:44 am »
I always start a new inp for every game.  It really isn't hard and becomes muscle memory. Much easier than try to look thru 1 big file and find the relevant game play.

The reason it's a hassle, is that OBS (recording software) doesn't seem to refresh WolfMAMEs input, so hangs on displaying the main menu instead of the game when you start a new INP.  I then have to right click and refresh then come in an out of it.  I'll just have to deal with it or not play when I'm knackered!
Member for 4 Years DK Killscreener

Offline NWnike

• Awards
« Reply #136 on: November 14, 2019, 03:27:03 pm »
I use wolfmame and steam on Twitch simultaneously, I have used x-split broadcaster and now use streamlabs OBS. I have never had any issues whatsoever in relation to wolfmame. Not sure why you are having a problem.
Member for 5 Years Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #137 on: November 14, 2019, 08:03:22 pm »
I'm not going to DQ a score if there is more than one attempt per INP, but I will be making these faces as I search for the game in question:  :( >:( <mad> BibleThump
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline DonkeyShlong

• Awards
« Reply #138 on: November 15, 2019, 01:03:16 am »
I'm not going to DQ a score if there is more than one attempt per INP, but I will be making these faces as I search for the game in question:  :( >:( <mad> BibleThump

;D I'll try restart each time so you don't have that hassle, or at least keep it to a very minimum!
Member for 4 Years DK Killscreener

Offline Lyriell

• Awards
« Reply #139 on: November 15, 2019, 01:27:57 am »
When I used to play on a small nuc like device I used to experience the isues you are seeing here.

I had less issues with Xsplit and I put it down to the low powered intel integrated chipset and the way obs would frame capture. 

Never had an issue with more powerful hardware. 

Try using the xsplit trial just to see if it fixes your problem.

I upgraded my tv PC since then and obs was fine.  It might be too taxing on your machine.
Member for 6 Years DK 1.2M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK 1.1M Point Scorer DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline Ohrami

• games video
    • Awards
« Reply #140 on: January 20, 2020, 11:11:00 am »
Would rigging up some sort of keyboard or keyboard-like input device to a TKG4 board be allowed for arcade submissions, or because this allows more than 4 possible directions, is it banned?
Donkey Kong high score: 863,200 L=22-1 (MAME)
twitch.tv/donkyousu
Member for 11 Years DK Killscreener

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #141 on: January 20, 2020, 11:23:28 am »
Would rigging up some sort of keyboard or keyboard-like input device to a TKG4 board be allowed for arcade submissions, or because this allows more than 4 possible directions, is it banned?

There have been discussions about this, I think, but nothing definitive ever came out of them. I guess I would call keyboard-to-PCB a soft ban at the moment. Not explicitly banned, but we need to be able to verify 4-way-only controls...which means we would need some pretty clear rules about how to do that.
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer