Author Topic: DK Score Submissions  (Read 1420060 times)

corey.chambers

DK Score Submissions
« on: July 05, 2013, 06:16:32 pm »
Please use this thread to post any new scores or improvements. In order to be eligible for acceptance on the High Score List you will need to read and play according to the
List Submission Rules. If for some reason you do not have sufficient evidence for a complete score submission then please feel free to post your score here in this thread anyways. Everyone enjoys a good game of Donkey Kong!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2022, 11:33:28 pm by xelnia »

joekassel

Re: Score Submissions
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 10:24:44 pm »
I, Joe Kassel, am submitting my high score of 327,700 on DK on MAME (achieved 7/5/13).
http://www.twitch.tv/summeraino/c/2530405

Zip file only contains .inp file and not the .wlf file. I only converted the .inp into zip and not the .wlf file as well. And since doing this, I have hit 'play and record', thus overwriting my high score .wlf file.
Thank you.

SQUIIDUX

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2013, 05:15:39 am »
just watched the inp. everything seems legit to me, dont know about this no .wlf though. COREY WE NEED A RULING!

cheetah33p

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2013, 08:46:27 am »
July 6, 2013  Mame  New Personal Best!  267,100! 
Jason Corey Brittain
.inp and .wlf files included
http://www.twitch.tv/cheetah30p/c/2532280

Rick Fothergill

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2013, 09:27:58 am »
Congratulations Joe Kassel on your new PB.  I am sure you can beat this score and submit it with both the .inp file and the .wlf file, as the high score keeper Corey has to be able to draw the line somewhere and unfortunately this will result in some players having there best games not recognized.  You could look at this as motivation to beat your score again and have it accepted.  I am sure that most players would agree that we must maintain a certain standard and that standard has to be uncompromising for it to have any meaning.  Go for 400k Joe, I am sure you can do it. :)

corey.chambers

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2013, 10:21:49 am »
Thanks Joe and Jason for your updated scores and for posting them in this new thread!

Jason's score will be updated because he has the .inp and .wlf files. This is the ideal and normative means along with streaming on Twitch.

Joe's score will be accepted according to Auxiliary Rule #9 "The requirement for .inp and .wlf files addresses the possible falsification of a streamed game. If for some reason the player does not record their input along with their stream then they must demonstrate other evidences to address these concerns. These concerns predominantly include window capture only streaming formats. These evidences include: 1) showing the start up process of the game by clicking on the game in mame so we can see it is being started by the mame program. 2) At the end of the game, after the initials are entered, start another game while the game is still running. 3) Using the monitor capture format or using a webcam facing your monitor will enable people to see that you do not have any video software open on the bottom of the screen and that you are actually starting and playing a game live on Twitch."

EDIT: We do have the inp file that we can see which matches the stream. We have known Joe for awhile and we have watched his streaming, can see him, hear him and the inputs. There is sufficient evidence here, especially because of the .inp file which matches the stream. If we did not know Joe that well, or if there was no .inp file and he was a new streamer, and if it was a higher score, and we have not seen him play long before the score happened, etc, there would be more question. If someone suspect streamed the start up process only of a game without an inp where we could not see the programs that are running on the screen then it would probably be rejected, pending further notice. Even if it was rejected, I would allow some way for the player to offer support, such as play another game which was at least 80% of what was done before with a proper stream with the inp. And perhaps after consideration it could be accepted even if it were pending at one time. If it was real, I want it on the list, but if it wasn't then I don't.

If everyone has not read the updated Submission Rules then please do so. Thanks.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 08:09:16 pm by corey.chambers »

Fast Eddie

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2013, 09:37:53 am »
WOO-HOO! i finally got that ape off my back and finished (well almost) a game at decent pace, final score: 1,025,200  ;D

just a normal 2 hammer game not much to say about it really, ended on level 21-6 with one rivet to got, i went for a few extra fireball smashes so i could get above the 1.027 score i thought was in 10th, dont think i even needed to but i did and it cost me the killscreen, but so what right!  ;D

this game was on the arcade platform and was not streamed, i recorded (pre) with the general TG rules and (post) by the old TG DK rules, only second time iv ever done the post game filming and it was very clumsy, but i think i got everything!

i will stream the recording at some point soon...

8) ;D 8)

corey.chambers

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2013, 09:58:03 am »
Nice job! Yeah, I can update the list as soon as you are either verified by TG or you stream all of what you will be sending them and I will definitely be looking forward to checking it all out! :) Stream the pre-game, the game, and the post-game, it is all very interesting and useful for evaluation purposes.

Offline JCHarrist

• Spring Jumper
    • Donkey Kong Forum
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2013, 11:01:29 am »
Wow,congrats Jon! The list of million point players just keeps growing.

New badge coming up! :)
Member for 11 Years DKF Founder Former CK World Record Holder - Arcade CK Killscreener DK Killscreener

Offline Xermon54

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2013, 11:26:17 am »
Wow, that's a good score Fast_Eddie! For a first 1m+ game with two hammers, 1.025m is high! I'm impressed, I didn't expect that.

And don't worry even if you didn't get in top 10 (not even top 12, you came 1k short of Dave's score, you're 13th right now). I know that there will be a lot of new scores in the following weeks before the Kong Off 3, so keep playing to improve your score!

But I still know how you feel about coming very short of a score, trust me... haha.
1) World Record of the most insults received by a plastic surgeon - 3752

2:World Record of the most Check Man games played - 6 (tied with Hank Chien)
Member for 11 Years Blogger DK 1.1M Point Scorer DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Twitch Streamer

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2013, 12:14:42 pm »
Kongrats on the score! Onward to beat Steve and Billy!  ;)
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline tudose

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2013, 12:17:14 pm »
way to go, jonathan. great stuff!
Member for 11 Years Former CK World Record Holder - MAME DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DK Masters - Rank D DKJR Killscreener DK 1.1M Point Scorer Blogger DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder

Offline marky_d

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2013, 02:44:54 pm »
Holy crap! Way to go!
Member for 11 Years DK 1.1M Point Scorer DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DKJR World Record Holder - Arcade DKJR Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Fast Eddie

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2013, 03:06:46 pm »
cheers guys! and thanks for the badge Jeff  ;D

im about to stream the replay to twitch...

i do not plan to submit this game to TG...,

8)

Offline ChrisP

• Spring Jumper
  • I'm going to jump next to your leg.
    • Donkey Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2013, 03:10:03 pm »
Been a long road for you!

Was your first TG submission the 666K MAME game from 3 years ago?
http://donkeykongblog.blogspot.com

4 Quarters :-* - 800K Avg. Per Qtr. :o - No Restarts 8) - No Proof :'(

7/26/2013   Coin 35,946   710,800   18-1
7/28/2013   Coin 35,947   903,700   22-1
8/16/2013   Coin 35,948   694,100   17-6
8/17/2013   Coin 35,949   893,100   22-1

3,201,700: the $1 World Record?
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D DKJR Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener