Author Topic: Donkey Kong Jr. High Score List General Discussion  (Read 51959 times)

Donkey Kong Genius

Re: Donkey Kong Jr. High Score List General Discussion
« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2014, 12:20:40 pm »
Where is this thread of which you speak?

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2014, 01:14:40 pm »
It is hidden within "Steve's Lists" sub-forum ;)

https://donkeykongforum.net/index.php?topic=19.0
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Monstabonza

• Awards
« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2014, 06:34:50 pm »
Nick, I was wondering if we could put together a high score list for some various smaller aspects of the game such as but not limited to:

1-1
Level 1
Going into first Hideout
After 3 levels
Start (after the first 4 levels)

I am sure these will be smaller and may be able to put them together. I don't know, give it some thought and let me know what you come up with.
Im am happy to do lists for any of these variations. The only thing I will say is I will not put any list up untill we have at least 2 submissions to the list.
This shouldnt be to hard  to get
Dk PB 391800
Dk jr PB 42000
CK 481400 lvl 19-1
CK On CC 567100 KS

Twitch =
Member for 11 Years CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2014, 07:04:10 pm »
Nick, I was wondering if we could put together a high score list for some various smaller aspects of the game such as but not limited to:

1-1
Level 1
Going into first Hideout
After 3 levels
Start (after the first 4 levels)

I am sure these will be smaller and may be able to put them together. I don't know, give it some thought and let me know what you come up with.
Im am happy to do lists for any of these variations. The only thing I will say is I will not put any list up untill we have at least 2 submissions to the list.
This shouldnt be to hard  to get

OK, I'll start this off since I have some ready made videos on youtube already.

After level 4 score of 186,800
At 17:45 of this same video I had a after level 3 score of 116,400
Donkey Kong Junior 186,800 Level 4 score MAME

Got 77,600 going into the first hideout
Donkey Kong Junior MAME got 77,600 going into first hideout!

Level 1-1 score of 14,000
Donkey Kong Junior MAME Level 1 Board 1 score 14,000!

After Level 1 score of 23,600
Donkey Kong Junior Level 1 Score 23,600 MAME
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Donkey Kong Genius

« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2014, 10:28:45 pm »
These are very nice George. I too have posted the videos in my My Donkey Kong Junior Ambitions with the following scores so far:

12,600 on 1-1
22,700 Level 1
72,900 going into first Hideout
106,700 after 3
167,300 Start

Sorry that these are not in the submissions thread. So we have two for all 5. :D I will submit any new ones in the submissions thread. Thanks Nick! :D

Offline Monstabonza

• Awards
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2014, 03:31:04 am »
Ok guys give me a day or two and they will be up.
Dk PB 391800
Dk jr PB 42000
CK 481400 lvl 19-1
CK On CC 567100 KS

Twitch =

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2014, 03:19:23 pm »
I think I've had low 74k going into the first hideout with no deaths before. I know I've had several around/above 72k. I've only played the game on about 4-5 different days. Once I get my multi-cab going, I'll hit this game up more.
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline stella_blue

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: April 20, 2015, 06:20:43 am »

A pair of records in the DK Junior HSL have improperly formatted dates:
[noembed]
Rank

Score

KS

Player

Date

Platform

Source
Y
Chris Teter
ArcadeYouTube
Darren Olson
ArcadeTG
[/noembed]
The serial number 41929 in Chris Teter's record translates to October 17, 2014.  That date is correct per the YouTube source.

The serial number 37681 in Darren Olson's record translates to March 01, 2003.  That date may or may not be correct.  The Twin Galaxies scoreboard reports the verification date as January 09, 1983 (although TG is certainly not immune to database errors).

DK High Score 
  (L22-1)
DK Level 1-1 
DK No Hammer 
  (L15-2)
Member for 11 Years Most Time Online DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2015, 07:04:48 am »
The serial number 37681 in Darren Olson's record translates to March 01, 2003.  That date may or may not be correct.  The Twin Galaxies scoreboard reports the verification date as January 09, 1983 (although TG is certainly not immune to database errors).

The date for this record in one of Nick's early ODS-format files is given as 01/09/1983. That file was uploaded to the super-secret Master File thread in February 2014. So, somewhere along the line the number was converted, but the 1983 date appears to be the correct one.
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Monstabonza

• Awards
« Reply #54 on: April 21, 2015, 12:15:10 am »
Thanks for that I'll get into as soon as I can.
We've got a pretty bad storm going here and last report was no power for probably 2-3 days.
When the power is back it'll be clean up for a couple if days.
So maby by the weekend it'll be good..

Edit:   Just heard that we probably won't have power till next week so I'll fix shit then.

Here is the scene.
Glad none if them boats are mine :)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 10:54:01 pm by Monstabonza »
Dk PB 391800
Dk jr PB 42000
CK 481400 lvl 19-1
CK On CC 567100 KS

Twitch =

DadsGlasses

« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2015, 02:58:19 pm »
I just picked up a DK Jr cabinet today. It has the original board, but the board has the HSS Kit added. Is this still acceptable for posting scores to the list?

Also, if I send the board to Mikes Arcade for a Double DK Upgrade, will I still be eligible to post DK Jr scores on the HSL?  (I understand the Double DK Board is no good for DK HSL)

If I read the rules correctly, I need to video record the game and then show video of the inside of my cabinet including board and controls. Is it possible to do just one video of my inner cabinet so that I don't have to pull it out and open it up each time I improve my score?  Sort of like getting my cabinet verified once?  As long as I show resets in my other vids to demonstrate 3 men etx?

What is the correct setting for the bonus Jumpman for DK Jr?  Currently my cabinet is set to 3 men plus a bonus at 10,000. Is this where I should leave it?

Thanks for your help. I'm certainly not a world record contender, just a beginner, but it would be fun to post a score up on the HSL.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 03:19:03 pm by DadsGlasses »

Offline ChrisP

• Spring Jumper
  • I'm going to jump next to your leg.
    • Donkey Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: May 24, 2015, 05:21:58 pm »
I just picked up a DK Jr cabinet today. It has the original board, but the board has the HSS Kit added. Is this still acceptable for posting scores to the list?

Yes.  :)

Also, if I send the board to Mikes Arcade for a Double DK Upgrade, will I still be eligible to post DK Jr scores on the HSL?  (I understand the Double DK Board is no good for DK HSL)

Personally, I don't think anyone should ever DDK their Junior board. The procedure makes permanent physical changes to the board, you end up with DK with Junior sound effects (yuk), a DK that you can't use for competiion (blah), and the surgery costs about as much (or more) as simply buying a DK board outright.

IMO, if it's really important to be able to switch between DK and Junior in the same cab, you can get a switcher for that.

DDK just isn't a very good product, it disfigures Junior PCBs, and better alternatives are available.

If I read the rules correctly, I need to video record the game and then show video of the inside of my cabinet including board and controls. Is it possible to do just one video of my inner cabinet so that I don't have to pull it out and open it up each time I improve my score?  Sort of like getting my cabinet verified once?  As long as I show resets in my other vids to demonstrate 3 men etx?

For TG, you can do whatever you feel will give your submission the best chance of being accepted. That would include showing the internals, I would say.

For DKF, I don't think anyone is going to put too much scrutiny on a less than million point game.

One thing that I've never seen anyone try is going through the coin door to get shots of the internals. If you have a flashlight and your camera is small enough (and what phone/webcam isn't?) you could try it that way and it would be much simpler than pulling it out and taking off the back door, etc.

What is the correct setting for the bonus Jumpman for DK Jr?  Currently my cabinet is set to 3 men plus a bonus at 10,000. Is this where I should leave it?

Yes.
http://donkeykongblog.blogspot.com

4 Quarters :-* - 800K Avg. Per Qtr. :o - No Restarts 8) - No Proof :'(

7/26/2013   Coin 35,946   710,800   18-1
7/28/2013   Coin 35,947   903,700   22-1
8/16/2013   Coin 35,948   694,100   17-6
8/17/2013   Coin 35,949   893,100   22-1

3,201,700: the $1 World Record?
Member for 11 Years DKJR Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D Blogger Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener

DadsGlasses

« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2015, 07:07:20 pm »
ChrisP: thanks so much for the detailed response. I really appreciate it.

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2018, 12:13:55 am »
The following two scores have been removed from the DK and DKJR HSLs. These scores were entered during the period where it was likely that scores were being self-entered into the TG database, or entered by others with no verification. They are part of a group of nearly two dozen cross-platform scores that all have the same date and have a "Referee" verification tag. Corcoran has a DK3 score that will stand, since that was part of Mark Longridge's collection of MAME scores and would not have been entered by Corcoran himself.

See this thread on TG for more information.

Donkey Kong
Rank
  ​ 
Score
  ​ 
KS
  ​ 
Player
  ​ 
Date
  ​ 
Platform
  ​ 
Source
Ron Corcoran
05/13/2001
ArcadeTG

Donkey Kong Junior
Rank
  ​ 
Score
  ​ 
KS
  ​ 
Player
  ​ 
Date
  ​ 
Platform
  ​ 
Source
Ron Corcoran
05/13/2001
ArcadeTG
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer