Author Topic: Are you going to the Kong Off 3?  (Read 29836 times)

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
Re: Are you going to the Kong Off 3?
« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2013, 11:33:21 am »
Awesome, Jeremy. Glad you could make it.

What day you getting to Denver? Where will you be staying?
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: July 25, 2013, 11:59:36 am »
Coming in on Wednesday, late morning-ish, and staying at the Hilton Garden Inn.
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline LMDAVE

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2013, 12:01:26 pm »
I heard Vincent will be riding one of these in.

Donkey Kong (Arcade): 1,108,100

Donkey Kong 1-1: 12,900

http://twitch.tv/LMDAVE
Member for 11 Years DK 1.1M Point Scorer Winner of a community event Blogger DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Twitch Streamer

Offline alumbrada

• Awards
« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2013, 12:36:26 pm »
It would take a miracle...

This is now a definite "yes." Plane tickets purchased and hotel booked as of last night. Oh yer.

OH YER!!!! I can't wait! :D
DK high score: 89,100
Member for 10 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline muscleandfitness

• Pie Kicker
  • Elite Member
  • Wall jump WR Holder x3
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2013, 06:02:32 am »
All going well im will be attending . thanks to my mates... love it 
59 wall jumps new world record on mame
55 wall jumps on a cab New World Record
longest convener ride in dk history New World Record
World Record for standing behind oil can until end of lev
A Reverse finish on Rivet  board. 12 ks's HS 992900
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2013, 07:01:13 am »
All going well im will be attending . thanks to my mates... love it

OH YER. Can't wait to meet you, mate. I'll bring a coconut for you to sign.  ;D
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

konghusker

« Reply #51 on: August 14, 2013, 01:22:15 pm »
I plan on going. Cant wait to hang with everybody. This should be biggrt, better, and more of a social event too.

Offline stella_blue

• High Score Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2013, 01:36:10 pm »
I plan on going. Cant wait to hang with everybody. This should be biggrt, better, and more of a social event too.

Welcome back, Steve!  I was beginning to wonder when we'd hear from you.

Congratulations on your recent 1.058M game.  It must be a great feeling to crack the Top 10.

DK High Score 
  (L22-1)
DK Level 1-1 
DK No Hammer 
  (L15-2)
Member for 11 Years Most Time Online DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline lifereboot

• http://www.lifereboot.com
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2013, 05:54:02 am »
Maybe.

I want to go, but I'm getting married in 18 days and basically all of this year's spending money has been dumped into the wedding.

We'll see when the time comes. There are a few factors involved. (spare $$$, cost of flight/hotel, if I'm still in the dedicated machine ranks, etc)

Booked my flight.  I'll be there.

Gotta get some practice in before November...
lifereboot
DK personal best (arcade / 3 men) 1,037,500
http://www.lifereboot.com
Member for 11 Years DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline danman123456

• Spring Jumper
    • Twitch TV Stream
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: September 04, 2013, 06:37:07 am »
Booking my flight this week. Plan on arriving on Thur and Leaving on Monday.
I know Mitch and a few others are willing to share a room to save on costs which sounds good to me so when/where all?
Can't wait!

Dan
DK High : 1,059,700 (Lvl 22-1 KS!);
DK KS Speedrun : 1 Hr 16 Min 40 Sec - World Record!
DK Lvl 1 - 1: 12,400
Fix-It Felix Jr - 297,000 (World Record)
Fix-IT Felix Jr 1 Hour Limit - 177,000
Fix-It Felix Jr KS Speedrun - 1h33
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Winner of a community event DK 1M Point Scorer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: September 04, 2013, 07:10:07 am »
Everyone who is thinking of splitting a room with me:

I just started classes this week. By next friday (the 13th! *gasp*) I will have talked with all my teachers about needing to leave for the Kong Off. I will then be buying my tickets and booking a room. I'll put my card down for the room, and people can pay me with cash/check/etc for their portion of the costs on probably Sunday afternoon or Monday morning after the Kong Off. When I book the room, I'll contact you with the room number.

I'll be sure to post the cost per night of the room before I book it so we can all see who wants in and for how long so we can know the expected price per person.
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline danman123456

• Spring Jumper
    • Twitch TV Stream
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: September 04, 2013, 10:48:22 am »
Sounds good Mitch. My plan right now is to leave on Thur and return on Monday.

Dan
DK High : 1,059,700 (Lvl 22-1 KS!);
DK KS Speedrun : 1 Hr 16 Min 40 Sec - World Record!
DK Lvl 1 - 1: 12,400
Fix-It Felix Jr - 297,000 (World Record)
Fix-IT Felix Jr 1 Hour Limit - 177,000
Fix-It Felix Jr KS Speedrun - 1h33
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Winner of a community event DK 1M Point Scorer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger

hchien

Denver mint anyone?
« Reply #57 on: September 05, 2013, 06:43:47 pm »
George Leutz, Youmee and I will be taking a tour of the Denver mint on Wed Nov 13 at 3:30pm.  If anyone is arriving early and interested in going to the Denver mint, you are welcome to join us on the tour.  I believe it will be fairly brief (my guess is 1/2 hour) and it's free.  It's also relatively close to the Crowne Plaza.  You need to leave all your stuff at the hotel as they have a long list of prohibited items:

Permitted items
• A palm sized wallet/change purse that can fit in your pocket.
•Cameras, cell phones. You will be asked to turn off your devices before you enter the building.
•Medical items necessary for the safety and well-being of the visitor.

Prohibited items include, but are not limited to: 
•Handbags, purses, fanny packs (that's American for bum bag), tote bags, backpacks and packages
•Strollers
•Food, drinks, tobacco products, lighters and matches.
•Weapons (including pocket knives and personal protective devices and barrel smashing hammers).

If you are interested, make your reservations early as they fill up pretty far in advance (we missed out last year).  Right now, it's wide open.  Here's a link for reservations:

http://www.usmint.gov/mint_tours/index.cfm?action=Reservation
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 06:45:53 pm by hchien »

Offline alumbrada

• Awards
Re: Denver mint anyone?
« Reply #58 on: September 05, 2013, 07:17:21 pm »
George Leutz, Youmee and I will be taking a tour of the Denver mint on Wed Nov 13 at 3:30pm.  If anyone is arriving early and interested in going to the Denver mint, you are welcome to join us on the tour.  I believe it will be fairly brief (my guess is 1/2 hour) and it's free.  It's also relatively close to the Crowne Plaza.  You need to leave all your stuff at the hotel as they have a long list of prohibited items:

Permitted items
• A palm sized wallet/change purse that can fit in your pocket.
•Cameras, cell phones. You will be asked to turn off your devices before you enter the building.
•Medical items necessary for the safety and well-being of the visitor.

Prohibited items include, but are not limited to: 
•Handbags, purses, fanny packs (that's American for bum bag), tote bags, backpacks and packages
•Strollers
•Food, drinks, tobacco products, lighters and matches.
•Weapons (including pocket knives and personal protective devices and barrel smashing hammers).

If you are interested, make your reservations early as they fill up pretty far in advance (we missed out last year).  Right now, it's wide open.  Here's a link for reservations:

http://www.usmint.gov/mint_tours/index.cfm?action=Reservation

Yes! I just made reservations for Jeremy and me. I want to see where and how the quarters are made.
DK high score: 89,100
Member for 10 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer

hchien

Re: Denver mint anyone?
« Reply #59 on: September 05, 2013, 07:43:47 pm »
Yes! I just made reservations for Jeremy and me. I want to see where and how the quarters are made.

Great!  I think I know what Jeremy looks like from fb.  Please introduce yourselves if I/we don't recognize you.

Vincent, you need to get in on this.  I heard they have lots of quarters there and you will need all of them!