Author Topic: Cement Factory Question  (Read 314 times)

Offline dugan26

• Awards
Cement Factory Question
« on: April 16, 2024, 08:10:10 am »
Hi

I heard NES made a version of Donkey Kong that has the "missing board" The cement factory. Some internet posts say its on level 3 others say level 4.

Does anyone know where it is?

See pic Level 4 but no cement factory.

The Dugan-

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Re: Cement Factory Question
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2024, 08:42:38 am »
Hi

I heard NES made a version of Donkey Kong that has the "missing board" The cement factory. Some internet posts say its on level 3 others say level 4.

Does anyone know where it is?

See pic Level 4 but no cement factory.

The Dugan-
I heard this was only on certain NES carts. They're super rare. No actual video footage exists of one.  There's been reports of sightings of Bigfoot playing the cement factory NES cart though.
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Submit a score for every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline dugan26

• Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2024, 11:25:28 am »
haha Yea its seems like this is a Big Foot adventure.

do you know if the same thing applies to NES ROMS ? 

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2024, 01:25:07 pm »
haha Yea its seems like this is a Big Foot adventure.

do you know if the same thing applies to NES ROMS ?
I think there's some modern hack or two that has the Cement/Pie Fact.
Not sure about anything from the 80s
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Submit a score for every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline barrel-rider

• Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2024, 03:57:16 pm »
There is no old official cart of NES Donkey Kong that has 50m. It's commonly removed in ports, likely for the same reason that I see so much complaining about it. It's simply the least liked of the levels, and there was only so much (economical) cart space on any platform back then.

There is an unofficial hack which adds a 50m recreation. It's even on Twin Galaxies, for some reason.

There is an official rerelease of the game which adds a 50m recreation. This is called "Donkey Kong Original Edition", and it was released for the Wii and 3DS.

Unfortunately, Original Edition is no longer available for purchase, as both the Wii and 3DS stores have been taken down. Fortunately, Original Edition is an ordinary NES ROM that will play in any NES emulator. I think it's also included in Nintendo Switch Online, but I don't remember. In any event, NES Donkey Kong is a nice version of the game that deserves more respect, and Original Edition deletes the common excuse of "but it doesn't have the piiie leveeel, it's a baaad port".
« Last Edit: April 20, 2024, 04:01:51 pm by barrel-rider »
"Never laugh at live gorillas, Mario you fool!" he said to himself, and it became a favourite saying of his later, and passed into a proverb.