Author Topic: List of Classic Arcade Game Streamers  (Read 510701 times)

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
Re: List of Classic Arcade Game Streamers
« Reply #255 on: May 13, 2014, 04:54:42 am »
Here is my name!
http://www.twitch.tv/rukakohishimiya/profile
Thank you for adding it in a list.
How many people are there in the Japanese registrant?

Welcome Rukako, I think you may be the first registrant to DKF.com from Japan! 
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline stella_blue

• High Score Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #256 on: May 13, 2014, 05:22:52 am »
Here is my name!
http://www.twitch.tv/rukakohishimiya/profile
Thank you for adding it in a list.
How many people are there in the Japanese registrant?

Greetings, Rukako!  Welcome to the forum.

I believe you are the first DK ambassador from Japan.

I looked at one of your recent DK broadcasts.  Good luck in your quest for 100K.

DK High Score 
  (L22-1)
DK Level 1-1 
DK No Hammer 
  (L15-2)
Member for 11 Years Most Time Online DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Shnypz

• Awards
« Reply #257 on: May 13, 2014, 10:08:34 am »
Hey All

Joystick fixed, quality webcam obtained and twitch account setup  Kreygasm

http://www.twitch.tv/shnypz

I'm still trying to work out a good broadcast setup on my cab. I had an "ok" angle setup to my right using a tripod on a chair but the stream didn't look the best. Specifically, the top of the screen appeared washed out due to screen brightness (it seemed). I'm using OBS. Played with a bunch of settings but nothing seemed to help it. I tried a setup with the camera on top of the machine looking in but couldn't get the whole playing field into the shot. I'm using a LifeCam Studio if anyone has any tips.

I'll keep experimenting with it but until I get everything figured out, my streams won't be much to look at.  :-\
Member for 10 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger

Offline f_symbols

• Spring Jumper
  • wht u mean
    • Awards
« Reply #258 on: May 13, 2014, 10:40:22 am »
https://donkeykongforum.net/index.php?topic=856.msg15280#msg15280 this is my lifecam setup, the angle /position is key. (See attached image)
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Winner of a community event Former DK Remix World Record Holder DK Remix Killscreener IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline Shnypz

• Awards
« Reply #259 on: May 13, 2014, 10:54:25 am »
Thanks, I was just looking at that thread.

Are there any settings to adjust to get the stream to appear portrait instead of landscape? I was trying out that angle last night but the stream was sideways. I couldn't find a rotate setting in OBS.

Offline stella_blue

• High Score Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
    • Awards
DK High Score 
  (L22-1)
DK Level 1-1 
DK No Hammer 
  (L15-2)
Member for 11 Years Most Time Online DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Shnypz

• Awards
« Reply #261 on: May 13, 2014, 12:18:39 pm »

Offline f_symbols

• Spring Jumper
  • wht u mean
    • Awards
« Reply #262 on: May 13, 2014, 12:38:10 pm »

Are there any settings to adjust to get the stream to appear portrait instead of landscape? I was trying out that angle last night but the stream was sideways. I couldn't find a rotate setting in OBS.

As long as the camera is mounted top-up, there should be no issues with rotation, which is not an option in this version of obs. 
You can adjust the capture settings in obs. I use 800x448 and that fits the twitch player perfectly. 800x448@30fps <Allen> max bitrate at 500, audio mp3 @44.1khz 128bit. Stream resolution matches camera @800x448. Under camera settings disable Mic, under stream settings enable Mic (desktop + webcam). You can always set a custom capture resolution, but twitch doesn't like streams that are taller than they are wide. Hope this helps... :)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 12:40:29 pm by f_symbols »
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Winner of a community event Former DK Remix World Record Holder DK Remix Killscreener IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline Shnypz

• Awards
« Reply #263 on: May 13, 2014, 12:46:05 pm »

As long as the camera is mounted top-up, there should be no issues with rotation, which is not an option in this version of obs. 
You can adjust the capture settings in obs. I use 800x448 and that fits the twitch player perfectly. 800x448@30fps <Allen> max bitrate at 500, audio mp3 @44.1khz 128bit. Stream resolution matches camera @800x448. Under camera settings disable Mic, under stream settings enable Mic (desktop + webcam). You can always set a custom capture resolution, but twitch doesn't like streams that are taller than they are wide. Hope this helps... :)

Awesome, I'll try those settings tonight. Thanks for the info.

Offline f_symbols

• Spring Jumper
  • wht u mean
    • Awards
« Reply #264 on: May 13, 2014, 02:17:21 pm »

Awesome, I'll try those settings tonight. Thanks for the info.

Some more info (camera specific settings)

Turn OFF: True color, auto exposure, auto focus and auto white balance.  I have the exposure set to -6, the brightness is at 30 (minimum), the white balance is at 5400, refresh is at 60hz and generally, from the distance shown in my picture, the focal point is somewhere between "8" and "11".  When I start my stream, I adjust the exposure, then the white balance then the focus.  One final piece of advice; If you can get a backlight that is reflected off of the monitor (like a ceiling light as seen at the beginning of my streams) that will really help you set the initial focus and exposure levels, such that you don't get that scrolling diagonal line.  If i start my stream (and configure my cam) without the backlight, it never comes out the same as when I do it with the backlight on initially, to be turned off after all of the scene settings have been set.

That being said, you should watch the first 2-3 minutes of one of my streams, just to get an idea of how important, and effective, camera settings truly are.  <YSG>

Offline Shnypz

• Awards
« Reply #265 on: May 13, 2014, 04:18:54 pm »
Sweet man, thx for the continued advice.

Using a tripod, a piece of wood and some rubber bands, I've got the camera rigged in a similar position to what you have pictured. I'll play with it after the wife goes to bed.  <Wiebe>

Offline Shnypz

• Awards
« Reply #266 on: May 14, 2014, 07:33:56 am »
Worked out the stream last night. Thx f_symbols!

OBS had the view extremely zoomed in. I probably did it when I was messing with the program at some point. Reset everything, configured as suggested and I was good to go. It probably needs a few more tweaks.

I need to get used to having the camera hovering just above eyes level...also shake off the "OMG people are watching" yips. Last night and this morning's games were trash. Biffed the girder jump on the electors this morning. That hasn't happened in while  FailFish

Offline stella_blue

• High Score Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #267 on: May 14, 2014, 08:29:12 am »
Biffed the girder jump on the electors this morning. That hasn't happened in while  FailFish

The forum magistrate will most likely fine you $20 for that in-game infraction.

But first, we'll have to implement a new 2-digit code in our Kangaroo Court system for the extremely rare "elector biffing" violation.  I'll have to check with Mitch, but I'm pretty sure "68" is still available.   ;)

DK High Score 
  (L22-1)
DK Level 1-1 
DK No Hammer 
  (L15-2)

Offline Shnypz

• Awards
« Reply #268 on: May 14, 2014, 08:51:05 am »
Biffed the girder jump on the electors this morning. That hasn't happened in while  FailFish

The forum magistrate will most likely fine you $20 for that in-game infraction.

But first, we'll have to implement a new 2-digit code in our Kangaroo Court system for the extremely rare "elector biffing" violation.  I'll have to check with Mitch, but I'm pretty sure "68" is still available.   ;)

haha...oof didn't even notice the typo.  FailFish

Just tell me where to send the paypal for my inexcusable actions  :-\ or we can see how tonight goes, I'll probably biff a few more electors. When it rains it pours.

Offline stella_blue

• High Score Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #269 on: May 14, 2014, 09:49:08 am »
Just tell me where to send the paypal for my inexcusable actions  :-\ or we can see how tonight goes, I'll probably biff a few more electors. When it rains it pours.

Just yesterday I was having trouble procuring a clean start (0 deaths).  I was repeatedly victimized by the usual suspects:  wild barrels, overzealous fireballs, nasty barrel combinations, etc.  Sprinkle that with a few questionable decisions and/or unnecessary risks, and you've got an unproductive DK session.

After a dozen or so restarts, I managed to reach the 3rd elevator stage (L4-4) with 116K.  After grabbing the top-right prize, I immediately jumped face-first into an oncoming spring (trying for the 100 point leech).  I can't remember the last time I did that, but it clearly indicated that it was time for a break.

DK High Score 
  (L22-1)
DK Level 1-1 
DK No Hammer 
  (L15-2)