Author Topic: Donkey Kong Training Videos  (Read 40988 times)

corey.chambers

Re: Donkey Kong Training Videos
« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2013, 10:27:57 pm »
I am in the process of improving the original post in this thread. In addition to some of the editing which I have done in it, which is still being formatted, I posted the following information.

Barrel Training Video - Still under-construction! Release date: no later than July 10th, 2013. With a potential running time of over an hour, this video will start with a time index for easy reference.

corey.chambers

« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2013, 12:44:41 am »
The release of the Barrel Training Video has been pushed back at least two days. I hope to have everything done by Friday evening. I apologize for that. I spent some time with the new killscreener score and the creation of the No-Hammer score list. Besides, I have to wait for the house to be quiet, and sometimes that limits my time. Hope to get it out soon, had to add to whole sections of some things I wanted in there. Projected time right now is a running time of 1 hour and 30 min. And not to worry there will be a time index at the beginning that will tell you what time to go to see what major section.

corey.chambers

« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2013, 06:22:55 pm »
At last, part 1 of the Barrel Training Video. Part 2 shall be uploaded later this evening.

[noembed]Barrel Training Video Part 1[/noembed]

corey.chambers

« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2013, 03:40:40 pm »
Alright,just so people know the Barrel Training Video was done in 2 parts. This is the [noembed]Barrel Training Video Part 2[/noembed]

I want to take a poll of which stage I should do next in this series of training videos. Who wants to see the Pie Factory next, and who wants to see the Elevators next?

Offline stella_blue

• High Score Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2013, 03:58:23 pm »

From a workload perspective, you should probably tackle the elevators first.  Compared to the conveyors, it will be a much more straightforward presentation, and should be a bit of a breather after the barrel videos.  Also, players in the beginner and intermediate categories will likely be more anxious to learn how to consistently pass the L4+ spring stages.

DK High Score 
  (L22-1)
DK Level 1-1 
DK No Hammer 
  (L15-2)
Member for 11 Years Most Time Online DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

corey.chambers

« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2013, 04:14:56 pm »
Ok, I have two for springs and one for pies. I may wait until after my million point game before I start another training video but from a time perspective I could have the springs done rather quickly compared to the monster Barrel videos.

Fast Eddie

« Reply #51 on: July 15, 2013, 03:13:36 am »
just watched part 1, nice work Corey, i make no effort to group anything other than the obvious on the transitions so that part was useful...

8)

corey.chambers

« Reply #52 on: July 15, 2013, 04:22:51 am »
Thanks, Jon! I find it interesting that only 39 people have seen part 2. Most people are watching part 1. It is part 2 when I deal with 5th girder grouping and using the hammer, and 5th girder transitions. People are missing these parts by not watching part 2.

Drunkguy89

« Reply #53 on: July 15, 2013, 05:18:23 am »
I would agree with Stella_Blue, as much as I'd love to learn more about pie stages it would be a  huge benift for newer players to have  some insight into the elevators,
I would not have passed them if it were not for people on the forum showing me how (lv4 elevator)

whippin the springs....

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: July 15, 2013, 05:24:41 am »
...it would be a  huge benift for newer players to have  some insight into the elevators...

Just back-jump every spring while yelling "YOLO!" Works every time.
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline stella_blue

• High Score Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: July 15, 2013, 05:31:44 am »

I was afraid this might happen.  Have you and Vincent been swapping medications . . . again?   :)

DK High Score 
  (L22-1)
DK Level 1-1 
DK No Hammer 
  (L15-2)
Member for 11 Years Most Time Online DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: July 15, 2013, 05:42:31 am »

I was afraid this might happen.  Have you and Vincent been swapping medications . . . again?   :)

No, but taking the YOLO route might explain why my high scores have really slowed down.  ;D
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

ghamantorr

« Reply #57 on: January 22, 2014, 05:51:57 pm »
sry to revamp such an old thread but do you have any plans to continue this work?

From my begginner perspective this is very helpfull, i'm not dying in rivet stage anymore and even just rolling boards i use grouping and 4th/5th girder strategy to pass the barrel boards safe.

Right now i'm having problems in pie factory when the fire down the ladder and i cannot do the free pass. Sometimes i wait too much and have to risk my life because of the timer dying anyway. I'm losing lifes in springs too but i know what to do reading the basic manual you guys wrote, it's matter of time to master this.

Pie factory is the real problem.

ps. as some of you know, english is not my native language, so if i say something wrong feel free to correct me, please.  thanks.

Donkey Kong Genius

« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2014, 12:14:31 pm »
Eventually I plan to make the other boards into a video. For now, just watch some of my games on my youtube account. If you can't get an immediate free pass then go for the hammer. This is my first killscreen, just ran boards safely. Watch the pie factory boards to see if you can pick up any ideas. 

Donkey Kong Killscreen Game 893,800

ghamantorr

« Reply #59 on: January 23, 2014, 01:10:55 pm »
i'm watching right now
thank you