Author Topic: Rivalries in Donkey Kong  (Read 14943 times)

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Re: Rivalries in Donkey Kong
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2013, 06:15:21 pm »
Thanks  George.

Ignoring  Ross's post.
Agreed. Both Billy and Dean should be considered genuine competition on this one, as both have shown they can play at a very high level of pressing (though, Billy's score is kinda suspect). While we're at it, we might as well throw Steve Wiebe in here as well.

OK, agreed on that one too.  Here is my rule of thumb.  If you are not within 200,000 points of the record, you really have no reason to be upset if your name is not mentioned.  Want your name mentioned, than at least get a 1.15 million score.

No problem.  Just giving you a reason to keep on playing Donkey Kong Junior. 8)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 06:24:45 pm by homerwannabee »
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Submit a score for every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Simpsons99

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2013, 06:54:11 pm »
I will in 35 days! :)

Offline Scoundrl

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2013, 07:59:42 pm »
You've forgotten someone Mitch.

Yes.  We must all remember that Brian is legally retarded, and that every time his name is omitted from a list he cries himself to sleep at night.

+1.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer

Simpsons99

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2013, 08:05:16 pm »
I don'nt see Ken's post allso..

Yes.  We must all remember that Brian is legally retarded, and that every time his name is omitted from a list he cries himself to sleep at night.

+1.

Offline Scoundrl

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2013, 08:16:14 pm »
I don'nt see Ken's post allso..

+1.
Point proven.

Offline muscleandfitness

• Pie Kicker
  • Elite Member
  • Wall jump WR Holder x3
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2013, 07:36:37 am »

59 wall jumps new world record on mame
55 wall jumps on a cab New World Record
longest convener ride in dk history New World Record
World Record for standing behind oil can until end of lev
A Reverse finish on Rivet  board. 12 ks's HS 992900
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Simpsons99

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2013, 08:32:07 am »
Did Allen really post and say nothing?  This is not CAG  Ken.

Well really need a Hide posts or something for this fourms allso.

I try to keep the peace but some people love Drama/Bullying

Offline Scoundrl

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2013, 10:52:55 am »
This is not CAG  Ken.

Well really need a Hide posts or something for this fourms allso.

Brian, you do anything but try and keep the peace. You constantly post negative things to and about games, gamers, their progress and/or choices. Personally I am sick of it and have every intention of calling it out any and every time I see it. Talking smack about Mikes accomplishment was the last straw.

As for this being 'CAG', I'm not sure you even know what that means. FYI it is 'Classic Arcade Gaming' or 'Classic Arcade Game(s)' and my posts apply.

Well really need a Hide hide posts or something for this these fourms forums allso.

You're Welcome

Offline VON

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2013, 12:30:21 pm »

Bull!  You're the biggest drama queen in CAG, Brian.

You clearly have no ability or no desire to see yourself through the eyes of others.  I would love to spell out all the flaws in your character for you - how annoying you can be, how rude you can be, how whiny you can be - but it would do no good because you are either unwilling or without capacity to perceive reality.

Anyone so unwilling to accept criticism of their character is just a dick, and anyone without the capacity for mental growth is just a moron.

So which is it Brian?  Are you a dick, or a moron? 

If you're a dick then you should expect to be treated like a dick.  If you're a moron you'll have to work harder to be treated equally.  If you're both, which is what I suspect, then you're just humped - destined to view the world as your enemy, when in fact, you are the enemy.

Offline ChrisP

• Spring Jumper
  • I'm going to jump next to your leg.
    • Donkey Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2013, 02:16:22 pm »
I'm a mor-dick.
http://donkeykongblog.blogspot.com

4 Quarters :-* - 800K Avg. Per Qtr. :o - No Restarts 8) - No Proof :'(

7/26/2013   Coin 35,946   710,800   18-1
7/28/2013   Coin 35,947   903,700   22-1
8/16/2013   Coin 35,948   694,100   17-6
8/17/2013   Coin 35,949   893,100   22-1

3,201,700: the $1 World Record?
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D DKJR Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2013, 02:52:12 pm »
Egads, this lame cycle again.  Brian reacts, and says something that is not well thought out, then comes the posse to hurl insults, and the usual jazz like that, and than the next thing you know either A) Brian claims the victim role or B) I jump into this lame cycle, and try to defend him, and thus get mud splattered on me for attempting to do so.  I am going to try to do my best in stopping  the continuous loop of 1)Brian says an ignorant statement  2) The over reaction 3) My jumping in 4) The thread getting locked.

Here is a little secret about Brian.  He is one of the worst arguers I have ever seen in my life.  Do you really want to stop the cycle?  It's simple, address Brian's issue that he is having at the time.  Address basic points to simply destroy his easily disprovable statement.  Almost all his arguments are low lying fruit that take very little effort to refute. 

If you were to do that on a regular basis his self perception would turn from "victim" to simply "foolish".  Then as my theory goes, he would begin saying more well thought out statements because he wouldn't want to be intellectually hammered.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 02:56:39 pm by homerwannabee »

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Submit a score for every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2013, 03:54:50 pm »
Egads, this lame cycle again.  Brian reacts, and says something that is not well thought out, then comes the posse to hurl insults, and the usual jazz like that, and than the next thing you know either A) Brian claims the victim role or B) I jump into this lame cycle, and try to defend him, and thus get mud splattered on me for attempting to do so.  I am going to try to do my best in stopping  the continuous loop of 1)Brian says an ignorant statement  2) The over reaction 3) My jumping in 4) The thread getting locked.

Here is a little secret about Brian.  He is one of the worst arguers I have ever seen in my life.  Do you really want to stop the cycle?  It's simple, address Brian's issue that he is having at the time.  Address basic points to simply destroy his easily disprovable statement.  Almost all his arguments are low lying fruit that take very little effort to refute. 

If you were to do that on a regular basis his self perception would turn from "victim" to simply "foolish".  Then as my theory goes, he would begin saying more well thought out statements because he wouldn't want to be intellectually hammered.

My sentiments exactly. Though I agree with Ken and Ross' essential comments, the mean manner in which they did so seems unnecessary -especially if they truly believe their own blunt statements about Brian. Like George said, if you think Brian is wrong, simply just point it out. Over time he may stop playing the victim.
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Scoundrl

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2013, 04:27:23 pm »
My sentiments exactly. Though I agree with Ken and Ross' essential comments, the mean manner in which they did so seems unnecessary -especially if they truly believe their own blunt statements about Brian. Like George said, if you think Brian is wrong, simply just point it out. Over time he may stop playing the victim.

Its not a matter of Brian being right or wrong. He's just a cancer that has finally eaten its way thru my soul. His constant negativity has earned him whats he is receiving. What Ross and I are saying in words many many feel in their hearts. People say his name as an expletive FOR A REASON. We call worthless meaningless records around here 'Brian Allen' records. I hope he reads these things and gets red in the face raging pissed just like I do whenever I read another negative post from him about a gamer or his/her accomplishment. Every time he cries about no viewers and publicly self loathes for weeks about quitting only to be back in our faces with his lame ass streams, shit commentary and poor singing when nobody bites.

Not to mention his personal attack at me, on his lame stream as well as his utterly useless Facebook page. Even Rudy, who can be VERY abrasive and annoying does not really get under my skin like this trool does.

I wont go on and on about this any more but I will be reading and commenting on every single negative post he makes until he turns it around, apologizes to myself and to my friend Mike or simply just goes AWAY.

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2013, 05:10:08 pm »
Well I tried.  I feel this whole Brian Allen saga by all parties goes a lot deeper than people will ever let on.  It's about roles, guardianship, release, patterns, and catharsis.  All are duty bound to continue to be actors in this tired out play that should of been shut down ages ago.

Edit: As for me I am exiting stage right.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 05:47:57 pm by homerwannabee »

-Ross Benzinger

-Leon Shepard

Simpsons99

« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2013, 05:38:32 pm »
Boy you can'nt get any more Negtive then this.

I TY George ..  They seem to cause problems around  your posts for some reason.
I really don'nt get Ross's problem with me..  Seems like he has disliked me since day 1 on the Cag Fourms.

Thought that was changing recently ..  But i guess he has Reverted back to the hater ways.

I have no problems with Mike. I have gave him congrads for his DKJR Score.

What i do not like is  his score is FREE  ....   Everyone scores should cost the same no matter where it happens at.

I really feel it unfair Ken Ref his own games and Submit the scores.

I'm asked  should'nt everyone like each other?  I've tryed this it does'nt work.

Its not a matter of Brian being right or wrong. He's just a cancer that has finally eaten its way thru my soul. His constant negativity has earned him whats he is receiving. What Ross and I are saying in words many many feel in their hearts. People say his name as an expletive FOR A REASON. We call worthless meaningless records around here 'Brian Allen' records. I hope he reads these things and gets red in the face raging pissed just like I do whenever I read another negative post from him about a gamer or his/her accomplishment. Every time he cries about no viewers and publicly self loathes for weeks about quitting only to be back in our faces with his lame ass streams, shit commentary and poor singing when nobody bites.

Not to mention his personal attack at me, on his lame stream as well as his utterly useless Facebook page. Even Rudy, who can be VERY abrasive and annoying does not really get under my skin like this trool does.

I wont go on and on about this any more but I will be reading and commenting on every single negative post he makes until he turns it around, apologizes to myself and to my friend Mike or simply just goes AWAY.